TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

(hug) I don't have that many special things either. I wish I could draw so I could get some spriter's alts myself  sad.gif

You don't need Prizes/Art to get Spriter Alt babies. I have several I got from metallic trades (golds/coppers/silvers). They are pretty hard to get but if you're determined you can definitely make it work.

Edited by kecemis

Interesting new dragons. I like the heart shape that they make, very whimsical. c:

And. birdz is happy that the potatoes have taken over.

everyone must become one with the potato

to reach their truest and final form

[to be revealed in the next episode of Dragon Cave Ball Z]

BREAKING NEWS

THE HEARTSTEALER IS NOT IN THE SHAPE OF A HEART

user posted image

xd.png

Your pm box was full, but thank you so much for answering my questions about the lil ones. It was definitely helpful to this colorblind dork. smile.gif

No problem!

May we have a peek at your spriter's alt?  wink.gif

They will be added as a full set to the wiki as soon as they are adults. I've already contacted the wiki team about it. I'll include unused sprites there as well if TJ can't alt them before they hatch/mature so nobody will miss out. It will also be in my siggy later smile.gif

I do trade for nice lineage commons sometimes, but lists are rarely open due to demand. You guy just love them to much for your own good!

---

There is also something else I'd like to bring up. I don't know why, but these guy's colour is extremely monitor dependent. It seems on older or lower quality screens they look pink, but on higher/newer ones they are red (I'm not entirely sure though). Stuff like that is normal for pixel art, but I've never seen it this drastic before. In other words, they are a little different to everyone depending on your computer. This wasn't intentional - but I don't dislike it and I doubt it will be changed.

On my HQ screen, as they were designed, they are red. They are a darker, cherryish red so consider that the 'canon' if you like. After some posts in the thread, I checked an older Macintosh and it was very bright pink and then a lighter red on a third computer. Seeing 'pink' isn't bad, it's just a computer difference so don't freak out.

I'm clearing this up since some people are getting lost with the colour discussion. I'm also adding this for after breeding starts so people with stripes and stuff don't get so confused.

Feel free to add this to the wiki if you think it is needed.

Edited by aangs-sister

Am I the only who was a little... underwhelmed with this years V-day dragon?

All the other years sans '09 have been so... big and beautiful!

Not to say this one isn't beautiful, but it just seems too... small?

Not grand enough?

idk how to phrase it...

I like the design, though-- it's very shiny. Can't wait to see the alts!

Lucky me - they're a beautiful high-shine red that hint at pink ancestors on my monitor!

Edit: I will defend my Typo Queen crown against all comers!

Re-edit: Hi, TheDarkLatias, that's just a question of taste.

In example, I'm VERY happy with these, but haven't been wild over others which had many people raving over them.

Not everyone is going to love every sprite, which is good, as that way we can focus on a few lineages and maybe have room to do justice to our personally best-loved top one or two at Holidays when breeding/collecting toward lineages. smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

You don't need Prizes/Art to get Spriter Alt babies. I have several I got from metallic trades (golds/coppers/silvers). They are pretty hard to get but if you're determined you can definitely make it work.

xd.png But metallic are hard to catch with slow internet.

The only CB I have was a gift from you.

I am still so happy tha you gifted one to me.

My english sucks.

Hey, you won a prize with an awesome code. You're more lucky than any of the rest of us. Be sush. xd.png

I will not be sush thank you. It was a joke. Besides just because I want a red and black vday dragon does not mean I am required to shut up about it. I should be silent why? Just because I happened to win a shimmer. Not cool. sad.gif

Anyway thanks for the info Aangs. Look forward to seeing your alts.

I will not be sush thank you. It was a joke. Besides just because I want a red and black vday dragon does not mean I am required to shut up about it. I should be silent why? Just because I happened to win a shimmer. Not cool. sad.gif

Anyway thanks for the info Aangs. Look forward to seeing your alts.

So is what I said... Sorry if I offended. I was making a joke about the fact that you had won... I mis-read what you typed and thought you meant you wanted a black and red spriters alt on your scroll. Not that you wanted an entire event of them, with them for everyone. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Edited by shadowfighter

So is what I said... Sorry if I offended. I was making a joke about the fact that you had won... Sorry...

Oh! I'm so sorry >< Mother nature is not being kind to me today so I guess I am a little oversensitive. My apologies hun! My bad sad.gif

Misunderstanding completely forgiven. *hugs*

Edited by Reidragon

Interesting new dragons. I like the heart shape that they make, very whimsical. c:

And. birdz is happy that the potatoes have taken over.

everyone must become one with the potato

to reach their truest and final form

[to be revealed in the next episode of Dragon Cave Ball Z]

you mean this:

user posted image

?

you mean this:

user posted image

?

Omg *dies* I want to remember this spudtastic event forever ;o; (someone needs to make 7 dragon ball potatoes.....)

Too bad new val days are not potato shaped!

Anyone else notice the typo at the end of the dragon's description? biggrin.gif

The typo was apparently the result of the new Vals swiping the 'o' and sticking a 'p' in, thinking no-one would notice.

However, they've now started a meme to which aangs-sister holds copy-write, which will make her rich so that she can devote all of her time to spriting.

xd.png But metallic are hard to catch with slow internet.

The only CB I have was a gift from you.

I am still so happy tha you gifted one to me.

My english sucks.

D'aww.

I've been off my game with the blasted metallics lately. Graduating semester of college and early onset carpal tunnel (haha, go figure) have left me off the cave hunt for a while now t-t My catches have been limited to mostly coppers.

Aangs sister, these dragons are an absolute blast. I'm so excited to see some nice Eastern style(or is it western?) dragons like the shimmerscales that aren't just limited to prize winners. *_*

you mean this:

user posted image

?

this is exactly it

the final form

the spud in its ultimate form

YOU'VE FOUND IT

absolutely amazing

I've seen them on both ends of screen resolution and love them in both forms xd.png Also just a note to people who may have missed the event, look in the AP. SOmetimes one or two will pop up there. I just saw one there, and I actually just traded for one, so don't give up!

this is exactly it

the final form

the spud in its ultimate form

YOU'VE FOUND IT

absolutely amazing

*is dying over here* You guys are literally killing me. It hurts to laugh xd.png *hates on ovaries* Oh man. I don't know how this val day could get any better!

Hello. I am Aangs-sister, and I approve of this message.

*smiles and winks at camera*

Beautiful dragon!! you did a wonderful job! thank you!

Dear Spriters,

Stop making awesome Holiday Dragons. I keep wanting to checker then with other previous holiday checkers and although I have "unlimited" past dragons I have a scroll limit and I am losing my mind because I keep wanting to checker everything and can Only breed these checkers like.... either twice a year or never or argh... they are so lovely I appreciate your talents but now all my holiday dragons IDK like if anything is worthy of them in the normal dragon sphere because they are so great I like want to put them with fantastic dragons and it seems that normal metals are sometimes barely good enough for them and maybe Prizes but all the other holidays seem so much better mates for other holidays I am going to have a heart attack! Thanks for the beauty and I think I have no idea what I am going to do with all these lovely holidays and now to add another one well my dragons are all gonna kill each other over winning over beautiful mates and I guess thats one way to reduce my scroll total.....

They will be stealing hearts for a long time. I am going to let other people breed the lineages and take their 3-6 EG babies down the road because there is no way I will ever have the patience or nerves to do this stuff on my own. Some low gen Prizes mates may ease it a bit cuz at least stairsteps are easier on the brain. But I love my checkers....

Omg those little things fluttering around the sprite aren't love hearts

They're scales

These dragons have heart shaped scales someone help me <3

you mean this:

user posted image

?

Bwahahahahahaha! Gives whole new meaning Mr. Potato Head, no?

Howzabout some well-roasted Rainbow Chicken to make a nice meal?

user posted image

They will be added as a full set to the wiki as soon as they are adults. I've already contacted the wiki team about it. I'll include unused sprites there as well if TJ can't alt them before they hatch/mature so nobody will miss out. It will also be in my siggy later smile.gif

Your PM box is still full so I'll try posting here instead- who did you get into contact with regarding the Wiki team? I'm an admin there and usually Nyastara handles getting this kind of information from artists but she hasn't been active on the wiki for a while now and hasn't been answering messages. If you could get in touch with me about this situation that would be greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

Bwahahahahahaha! Gives whole new meaning Mr. Potato Head, no?

Howzabout some well-roasted Rainbow Chicken to make a nice meal?

user posted image

but...you're roasting it over a bunch of magi mana, instead of fire mana.