TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Can't wait to breed these guys. My Silver has a new mate! I'm not sure What I'll breed the other one with though..

I'm thinking Royal Blue's as mates. I think the bright red and blue will go well together and they both have obvious silver. I can't wait to start a small lineage with them.

If we're going to do 'dark' Valentines, this is going to be a thing...

Gallifreyan Lhuglor turned a hollow gaze around his hoard. Gems and mana littered the corners, his captured princes and princess (stolen from their castles exclusively for this occasion) posed carefully in their little golden cages outside near the elaborately prepared beach of gleaming coins, and even his most treasured possession - a well-polished leather boot, pulled from the sea and restored to its first glory - lay near his feet, ready to be offered to the female of his dreams.

The problem was, he didn't seem to be the male of any female's dreams.

He'd had some minimal interest - a Brimstone had stopped by early as he'd begun decorating his lair, followed by a Copper, a Canopy, and even a Bright Pink, who must have traveled from some distance to get there - but they had all turned up their noses at his humble treasure piles and left in search of someone who could give them more meat, or more sweets, or more gold and jewels.

What was he missing? His fellow Tsunami, Z'Spellbound, had once secured himself a rare prize of a mate - a sleek female Shimmer - and had since nigh littered the beach with his offspring. He knew happily mated couples from every conceivable breed and location, some of them concurring even such differences as one living at the bottom of the sea and the other living atop an icy mountain just to be together.

Everyone, it seemed, had a mate but him.

He knew that some dragons from other clans, either out of desperation or some inspired whim, had begun to decorate their caves with potatoes. With so many females rejecting him on the basis of food, Gally was beginning to understand how that scheme could actually work. He'd laid out a potato out of hope, then added another, then another. Still the females turned away from his cave with barely a second thought.

As the noon sun hovered in the air on this cold winter's day, Gally stared at the potatoes. He cast aside his magic staff wrapped in the silken scarf that he'd so hopefully held aloft that first day. Slowly, he began to remove the potatoes' skins, stitching them together with string of seaweed, gradually creating a shape. A new skin. An irresistible skin. A skin that spoke of home, of comfort, of prosperity.

They had told him that potatoes had mystical powers. Give a female a potato, and she will eat for a day. Ask not what your potato can do for you, but what you can do for your potato. Fourscore and seven potatoes ago...

He pulled the skin over himself and stared at himself in the reflection of the little pool that shimmered at the foot of his cave.

user posted image

"No," he whispered.

user posted image

"No."

user posted image

"I am the potato."

Oh! The sprite looks like a heart, how pretty. Thank you, spriters!

...and now I have the urge to see if I can breed one of them with a heartseeker next holiday.

On the talk about different colors, I like the idea that someone said of a chocolate dragon and I mean more chocolaty(?) than the heartseekers. (but that mostly because I love chocolate. laugh.gif)

LibbyLishly, I love you xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Edit: On second thought, this is actually a bit frightening but still funny hilarious

Edited by Niyaka

If we're going to do 'dark' Valentines, this is going to be a thing...

Gallifreyan Lhuglor turned a hollow gaze around his hoard. Gems and mana littered the corners, his captured princes and princess (stolen from their castles exclusively for this occasion) posed carefully in their little golden cages outside near the elaborately prepared beach of gleaming coins, and even his most treasured possession - a well-polished leather boot, pulled from the sea and restored to its first glory - lay near his feet, ready to be offered to the female of his dreams.

The problem was, he didn't seem to be the male of any female's dreams.

He'd had some minimal interest - a Brimstone had stopped by early as he'd begun decorating his lair, followed by a Copper, a Canopy, and even a Bright Pink, who must have traveled from some distance to get there - but they had all turned up their noses at his humble treasure piles and left in search of someone who could give them more meat, or more sweets, or more gold and jewels.

What was he missing? His fellow Tsunami, Z'Spellbound, had once secured himself a rare prize of a mate - a sleek female Shimmer - and had since nigh littered the beach with his offspring. He knew happily mated couples from every conceivable breed and location, some of them concurring even such differences as one living at the bottom of the sea and the other living atop an icy mountain just to be together.

Everyone, it seemed, had a mate but him.

He knew that some dragons from other clans, either out of desperation or some inspired whim, had begun to decorate their caves with potatoes. With so many females rejecting him on the basis of food, Gally was beginning to understand how that scheme could actually work. He'd laid out a potato out of hope, then added another, then another. Still the females turned away from his cave with barely a second thought.

As the noon sun hovered in the air on this cold winter's day, Gally stared at the potatoes. He cast aside his magic staff wrapped in the silken scarf that he'd so hopefully held aloft that first day. Slowly, he began to remove the potatoes' skins, stitching them together with string of seaweed, gradually creating a shape. A new skin. An irresistible skin. A skin that spoke of home, of comfort, of prosperity.

They had told him that potatoes had mystical powers. Give a female a potato, and she will eat for a day. Ask not what your potato can do for you, but what you can do for your potato. Fourscore and seven potatoes ago...

He pulled the skin over himself and stared at himself in the reflection of the little pool that shimmered at the foot of his cave.

user posted image

"No," he whispered.

user posted image

"No."

user posted image

"I am the potato."

LMAO xd.png great job

user posted image

"I am the potato."

[/i]

R.O.F.L.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fantastic xDDD

You just made my day!

Thanks you aangs-sister for this pretty girl. Not sure what she would look best with, but I have much time to plan.

New Valentine dragon is so beautiful. wub.gif

I named mine: Eppet L'amour and Vegan L'amour smile.gif

Edited by Bajka20

I like the descriptions of the Heartstealing dragons more than the sprite itself, though it's good to see another Eastern regardless! They are pretty, just not quite my taste. They look like big hearts in the lineage view, haha.

In other news, I'm at 99 total Sweetlings! And a friend has promised to gift me the 100th one if I'm not able to acquire it myself, so either way it looks like I'll achieve my goal of breaking into the triple digits. *giddy excitement* biggrin.gif

Oh wow. The adults are gorgeous! They look like hearts!! I can't wait for mine to grow up.

One of the best valentine dragons ever!

I love the new dragon. It is beautiful and I love the fact that it is a Eastern, it was such a great surprise! wish we could have more than 2.

That is a very clever and pretty sprite! I might have to go with whites on this one.

Give a female a potato, and she will eat for a day. Ask not what your potato can do for you, but what you can do for your potato. Fourscore and seven potatoes ago...

This is where I lost it. What a wonderful story. We need a potato dragon.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Dragon is misspelled as Dragpn in the last sentence of the summery/breed info on TJ's dragons.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Dragon is misspelled as Dragpn in the last sentence of the summery/breed info on TJ's dragons.

I did! That is hilarious! xd.png

that dragons viseted my Whiptail

Nebula

Gold Hornet Tangar

White

Teimarr

edit today 18.02 first a Pink than a Canopy and now a Falconiform Wyvern visited my dragon

Edited by Seiti

I loved the potato story xd.png

A Teimarr visited my Nocturne today, but he doesn't have enough shinies to impress her. Maybe if I kidnap someone's Heartstealer or metallic..

Aww, the new dragon is adorable! The sprite itself is gorgeous (and shaped like a heart), and the breed description is just cute.

And guess it's time to throw more stuff in Turqous' hoard. If we end up with 70 of each category when this is done, those are gonna be some busy caves.

A little disappointed with this the valentine dragon this year.

I do like the shape the body makes, that was a cute idea. I also like that it is a longer bodied dragon.

The hatchlings might have been cute except I really can't tell what they are supposed to look like beyond a blob of pink.

The color of the adult really bothers me. I guess part of it is because I'm tired of valentines dragons with SO much pink(we already have so many of those sad.gif ). The Heartseeker and Radiant Angels were such a nice break from the eye-gouging color. Part of me feels odd saying that because normally I'm pretty fond of pink.

Any rate, I'm sure they'll grow on me much like the Arsani did. And, I'm happy to have new dragons on my scroll even if they aren't my favorite. smile.gif