TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Are val eggs still dropping in the AP? I thought that was over?

The breeding period has stopped. However, there will be Valentines eggs in the AP until all ones bred during the breeding period are picked up.

Alright, maybe I'm missing something here.

I logged in yesterday and got the first round of shinies. I logged in today, but, I only see yesterdays shinies. I have nothing new to add. I thought maybe there was a collecting element, but there is nothing floating around on my screens.

Is there some way to unlock the new shinies that I'm missing or are they just not showing up for me?

ETA: Hard refresh has done nothing, but I can see that my limit for item has been bumped up to 20. Just nothing new to add.

Have you worked out that clicking on "Meat" "Misc." etc will show you different sets of objects? It's not obvious they are buttons so a lot of people have missed that. Otherwise you aren't missing anything; everyone has exactly the same objects as yesterday, we can just put 20 of each instead of 10

Have you worked out that clicking on "Meat" "Misc." etc will show you different sets of objects? It's not obvious they are buttons so a lot of people have missed that. Otherwise you aren't missing anything; everyone has exactly the same objects as yesterday, we can just put 20 of each instead of 10

WELL THEN - no, I had no idea that those were clickable. They look just like regular text on my page. That explains a lot.

Thank you!

user posted image

Well, mine has vines.

ooo those vines are gorgeous! maybe I can try and make some faux vines o.o

I got so many new valentines dragons this year. LOL! I timed it beautifully to max out on the number I could grow up.

whoot yay! I didn't doing any fancy timing stuff, so I think my total for this year is around ~28 new Vdays, not including this year's release. Which is still pretty awesome!

This has been a very successful event and I am more than looking forward to next year.

Already looking forward to next year's? lol. You have about 360 days or so to wait. tongue.gif I have so many Reds that I never worry about having enough incubates. ^.^

Edited by kiyoura

The Nhistrife visiting my Autumn Seasonal wants more sweets. I add more sweets and she wants more shinies. I add more shines she wants more sweets! xd.png

There is no pleasing this woman!

I have two GREAT new releaze codes. biggrin.gif 3Zuk0 and RoS1t (rosit is French for "to become pink" or "to become blushed").

That Zuko code is great. My friend got an egg with the Code "Zofzo" and a other with "frUts". And a other friend got an egg with "SiduE" as code.

@AquaBlueRain I feel you! I didn't have enough meat, so I put 20 meat, and then she wants more misc. so I put 20 misc, which still didn't help! After I put it at 19 meat, she was more than mildly interested but still not staying.

@harlequinraven those codes look cool! Especially the 3Zuk0 one. Avatar: Last Airbender fan?

Edited by gusearth1

I catched "OPalZ" (just ignore the Z xd.png). I wanted to catch the eggs with 14.02, so I wasn't able to wait longer for better codes.

@AquaBlueRain I feel you! I didn't have enough meat, so I put 20 meat, and then she wants more misc. so I put 20 misc, which still didn't help! After I put it at 19 meat, she was more than mildly interested but still not staying.

@harlequinraven those codes look cool! Especially the 3Zuk0 one. Avatar: Last Airbender fan?

Haha, my signature and avatar should make that apparent. xd.png I also got a prize dragon and gave it the code "FZuko" for Fire Lord Zuko. xd.png So it is really perfect.

https://i.imgur.com/RQRZL93.png ~Linked for size~

I'm taking a little break off my Dragon Cave quit to play this, 'cause this year's event is interesting.

This cave attracted a Waterhorse. Not enough sweets though, but she liked the shines.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7I...dit?usp=sharing

So I've stopped editing the "Attractors Seen" and "Locations Seen" columns because I don't think what you have in your cave matters. However, I have been conducting research into how much what you have in your cave effects what you attract.

I've heard it from a reliable source that what you have in your cave does matter and it seems, from my research, that what you have in your cave increases and decreases the odds of getting certain mates, but does not guarantee it.

Also has anyone seen any dragons attracted other than what I have on my list?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7I...dit?usp=sharing

So I've stopped editing the "Attractors Seen" and "Locations Seen" columns because I don't think what you have in your cave matters. However, I have been conducting research into how much what you have in your cave effects what you attract.

I've heard it from a reliable source that what you have in your cave does matter and it seems, from my research, that what you have in your cave increases and decreases the odds of getting certain mates, but does not guarantee it.

Also has anyone seen any dragons attracted other than what I have on my list?

Cool, this really helps.

I seriously wish I had noticed before I picked my dragons that it was a match-making event. I usually breed my dragons for life, with few exceptions, and I picked a boy who all ready has a mate.

Haha I fail.

An evil Waterhorse keeps bugging my Silver Tinsel. I personally want a Bright Pink to come. So I put in meat and sweets and get rid of almost everything else but a crown for my dragon, but it pops up again wanting more shines.

GAH

How does this even work

Click on items you want. Drag them to where you want to decorate your cave how you want.

An evil Waterhorse keeps bugging my Silver Tinsel. I personally want a Bright Pink to come. So I put in meat and sweets and get rid of almost everything else but a crown for my dragon, but it pops up again wanting more shines.

GAH

I think each breed is at least semi-randomized each day. I think you'll have to wait until tomorrow for a new breed to show up, although I don't think we'll get our final mate until the last day. I wouldn't stress too hard about it so early.

Click on items you want. Drag them to where you want to decorate your cave how you want.

I think each breed is at least semi-randomized each day. I think you'll have to wait until tomorrow for a new breed to show up, although I don't think we'll get our final mate until the last day. I wouldn't stress too hard about it so early.

When IS the last day though? Just got started today. tongue.gif

It lasts for a week so, I guess Feb 21 or 22?

Edited by Lady Dragoon

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=166418

The timeline for the Valentine's Day event is essentially the same as before:

Sunday, February 8 at 0:00: Past Valentine's dragons will be breedable. They will remain breedable for exactly seven days, ending February 15 at 0:00.

Saturday, February 14 at 0:00: A new Valentine's Day dragon will be released. It will drop for three days, ending February 17 at 0:00. In addition, a special event will begin at this time, lasting one week (it will end February 21 at 0:00).

Well, it's snow forts all over again.

I somehow managed to glitch while saving my design and ended up with two of everything I placed. I now have 36/20 magic items and 24/20 shinies. xd.png

So I caught a Val '09 with my Chem teacher's last name in the code. Despite the messy lineage, I had to keep it and let it become an adult XD

EDIT: Do tell us your secret, xdlugia :P

Edited by PieMaster

Trying to make a pink Tunnel of Love but I'm not very good at decorating! Not sure what's up with all the fish.

user posted image

I still don't have my new eggs... will be grabbing those at the last minute thanks to a seemingly neverending supply of Sweetlings clogging my scroll slots. xd.png