TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

My Alt Sweetling attracted a waterhorse. Not showing in the cave though.

I like waterhorses and the combination. Would've liked the copper more though that was passing by the other day. wink.gif

My red dragon also attracted a waterhorse but it is not showing in the cave. Why?

My red dragon also attracted a waterhorse but it is not showing in the cave. Why?

Do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 on Windows, cmd+R on Mac)

Edited by Rhynn Collins

Hard refresh... rolleyes.gif

Edit: ninja.gif ed

Edited by Tigerkralle

I now have 11 fully grown Radiant Angels! Super happy! They are so pretty!

Love the new dragons and I can't wait to see what I want to pair them with! I wish i had a CB Silver Shimmer, what a pairing that would be!

And yay for Mayflower Captain finally attracting a female who wants to stay with him! xd.png A pretty Gold-Horned Tangar. I hope she stays!

Chocolate Pride found his true love...an Imperial Fleshcrowne! He expressed his feelings with a heart made of rose petals. I'm still not sure about the extra greenery on the walls, though...

user posted image

Event Review:

My feelings about the event are a little mixed, though largely positive. I enjoyed decorating the cave; the art was great, it was cool receiving the various caves based on the biome of the dragon, the items were a lot of fun and had good variety, in both colors and in type. In regards to decorating events, it's been my favorite since the Gingerbread House decorating. People got to show off their creativity, play around, write little stories and ongoing sagas, and so it was also a successful social event.

There were other aspects of the event that made it less successful, though: mainly, the lack of information. This came up in various ways. At the beginning, I didn't mind that the biome determined the cave; I could guess that it would be relevant *somehow* because it showed up in our selection list for the dragon we chose. Some people were bothered because they would have liked to choose, but by and large, I think all the caves had their strong points, and the variety was fun. It didn't seem in any way like an unfair surprise.

After that, though, there were problems. People were often unable to find the options for the other categories, as they weren't marked in any way that showed they were clickable links, or which one you were currently viewing. There were other small aspects that would have smoothed the process, such as a 'clear all' button, or the function that the Gingerbread Houses had where you could click or double-click an item to bring it to the foreground (as opposed to having to delete and choose objects in a certain order, here, if you wanted to layer them). And the number of times players had to inform other players that they needed to refresh their screen to bring up the female dragon made me think the information could have more easily been shared in the general event announcement.

The worst aspect seems to be the randomness of the final dragon. If we had known that it would be so randomly assigned, i.e. that we would have no control over what showed up, I'm sure that many players would have treated their cave decorating differently. A lot of time was wasted by people who were experimenting (for everyone's benefit) with different combinations and keeping meticulous notes, rather than just decorating and being done.

And in the end, I think it opened up the spriters to a lot of grief, unnecessarily. People have strong opinions about which dragons they like, and that's fine; it's even fine to express those comments on the boards. But the way this event was handled, where there was only one mate selected, and people had zero control over it, was bound to lead to several sprites bearing the brunt of their disappointment. There were some sprites chosen that have always been particularly love-them-or-hate-them, and some sprites that weren't even facing the intended mate. It seems like, if people weren't going to have any control over the final mate, then mates should have been chosen that were an average size, in a suitable pose for the event.

The biggest flaw, I think, was the suggestion that our ratios would affect our final dragon, and that the visiting dragons were the mates we had the highest potential to attract. No one is sure why we were told each dragon's preferences, with a difference between mild interest and actual interest, if in the end it didn't matter. There was no reason to think that the dragon would be random, and several reasons to think we were having some effect on the outcome. At least letting the players know not to try and control the mate would have been a useful warning, and probably saved a lot of disappointment and hurt feelings in the end.

I'm okay with my result, partly because it looks alright with my color scheme and partly because I don't dislike the breed, but also because I don't mind the dragons *being* totally random. What bothers me is that we were *led to believe* that we were affecting the outcome, and seeing a sample of which dragons were most interested in our caves. That miscommunication still surprised me quite a bit, even if it didn't upset me like it did some other people here.

Overall, I don't mean that the bad outweighs the good! I enjoyed the event a lot, and I'm very pleased with my cave. I'm just putting two cents in, in case it can help to streamline future events and save people some frustration, disappointment, or hurt feelings. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone involved in making it happen!

My Balloon has attracted a White dragon. Oh well, if he is happy with her, then I am too. xd.png

But question, did we really get that attracted dragon somehow added to our scroll or what to do now? ;3

Will we still be able to view the cave afterwards, or will they disappear like our gardens did? unsure.gif I'd hate to see all our decorations vanish sad.gif

*Edit* Apparently I can't type too well ^^;

Edited by FluffyPillow

My Silver attracted a Shadow Walker. I guess he has a thing for them: His first mate was a SW, too. smile.gif If we end up getting these mates added to our scrolls, I'll probably keep Praised with his current mate and influence the SW to be male. I have way too many female SWs right now... and it would be wonderful to have my happily-mated Silver be secretly gay. His description is a bit ominous, too, so I'd finally have a reason for his expulsion from his last clan! Ooh yay, ideas. <3 If we don't get the attracted mate on our scrolls or can't influence it, I'll think of something else. This is fun.

I love that we can still decorate the caves.

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Blue Rosie CB has attracted an admirer: a deep sea dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

Well.... Yay, I guess? The message came while my cave was very sparsely decorated, which I find strange, but oh well.

Does this mean we are to leave the decorating alone now? Will the message go away if I decorate more? Anyone know?

Is anyone else having trouble seeing their dragon's mate ? My dragon's mate should be an Ember dragon,but it doesn't appear.Is this a bug ?

user posted image

Edited by Lorry14

Well, I have a question: what is going to happen now? A new dragon will appear on our scroll? We will get an egg from the two lovers? Nothing at all?

I hope we all get some kind of mystery egg from the joining. smile.gif

Is anyone else having trouble seeing their dragon's mate ? My dragon's mate should be an Ember dragon.

Hard refresh (CTRL+F5)

@Marie19R: You can decorate more if you want, but it seems the mate that's there now is staying.

Edited by Rhynn Collins

Is anyone else having trouble seeing their dragon's mate ? My dragon's mate should be an Ember dragon.

user posted image

Hard refresh should bring your mate up

I love the new Valentine's dragons this year, very sweet.

The Valentine's cave game was great fun. Will miss it. So happy my Radiant Angel at last attracted a lovely mate (Bleeding Moon)!

Love at first sight.

The poor guy would have been happy with a chicken or cheese. He was nearly wiped out from changing out shinies and meats, tossing misc. items, hanging grapes and playing music for all the finicky females stopping by.

Well Im not compleatly jazzed with what appeared, as Brimstone wasnt one that showed up previously, and if I had known what it liked I would have adjusted against it... (not a huge fan) Oh well... It was a fun event none the less and I live my peguin vs mini dragon armys.

user posted image

Drogo suddenly felt there was an hole in his life. He grew up on a wonderful beach, full of white and gold sand that perfectly match his own scales and the pure waters of the sea have always had a gentle caress for his shiny body. He was knew everywhere as the Golden Sand King and treated with respect and honor by the dragons which live in the Coast zone. His territory was large and rich in resources, full of animals to prey and lovely natural oasis to enjoi.

However Drogo's heart was pained and large tears plowed his face for many days since he lost his first lady in the sea, a wonderful Verdigris copper.

Drogo loved Xantya with all his heart, and when a stranger told him she was drowned in a storm over the sea he refused to accept it and decided to wait her on the seashore forever.

He decided to decorate his large submarine cave with the things that his lost mate loved the most, but unexpectedly this attracted a lot of interested female dragons.

Each one of them thought that those were gifts that usually a male dragon offer when he's looking for a female, so they tried to obtain some of that treasure from Drogo, but he would never let them take his precious memories. He sent all the females away with growls and showing nude sharp teeth.

The dragons of the Coast zone started to avoid him, thinking he had lost his mind for some unknown reason and Drogo was left alone in his submarine cave, looking at the large pool on the stone floor connected to the deep sea, waiting for Xantya to come back.

At the seventh day a dark shadow was moving under the surface of the water until a dragon head emerged silently from it. A lovely Deep Sea timidly came out of the pool, cautiously looking around. "Go away" said telepathically Drogo without showing himself.

She ignored him at keep to look around the cave. The lovely blue rose, the shiny pile of colored scales or the strong sword on a magnificent pile of gold didn't impressed her. Only the delicate old necklace in the middle of the treasure captured her attention. She silently approach it, but Drogo suddenly dart in front of it growling "I said go away! This is the most important memory of...", but he immediately stop.

The young Deep Sea was crying, looking at the necklace. She wasn't scared, but only very sad.

"I've met Xantya few moments before she died. She told me with her last strengths to look for you Drogo. She wanted to told you that she deeply loved you, but even if she wouldn't have come back you must live your own life, happy as when she was with you. She told me to say this, I'm truly sorry for your loss ".

The Deep Sea has lovely azure eyes and a glowing orb over her small head. Her cute face was sincerely sad. Drogo accepted the last words of his lost loved one and even if his heart was heavy he was really thankful to that Deep Sea for bringing him this message.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"I'm Firyula".

"Would you stay with me Firyula? I need someone to talk. I feel really lonely".

"Sure Drogo, I'm here for you".

The joy spread over the beautiful couple, blessing them with many children over the years. Firyula never stop to wear the old necklace Drogo gifted to her, she was so different and yet so similar to Xantya and Drogo loved his new sweet lady with all himself.

THE END

Sorry for any grammar mistake xd.png Please note me if you see some of them! I hope you enjoyed my little story wink.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

user posted image

And a random ember I have never seen decided to plant herself in the cave. The cave is seeing a bad case of crabs but feel free to stay, even if you aren't a magi.

user posted image

*I* may have left the cave, but that doesn't mean y'all ain't gonna have no supervision. dry.gif

She's facing away; does that mean she's shy or having second thoughts? D:

user posted image

*I* may have left the cave, but that doesn't mean y'all ain't gonna have no supervision. dry.gif

She's facing away; does that mean she's shy or having second thoughts? D:

this is wonderful. xd.png

I do not believe you get the dragon your dragon attracted, it was just a little game. Today we get to arrange our items to suit our needs, at least, that way we can arrange to show the dragon rather than have it hidden by things.

I got a fleshcrowne, It visted before and I am delighted that I managed to adjust to suit its needs. My dear vampire needed a mate.

Some people though, need to settle down.

Spriters did what they did to the caverns because that was how they envisioned a cavern. It was not necessarily how everyone would. I have seen people. I personally had hoped of a better way of selecting biomes so the user could pick what they liked best. But hindsight is 20/20, what is done, is done. In the end we cannot appeal to each and every person's wants.

At least with the sprites, you can add what you want. Don't like the toes, don't use them. Like the apples, go nuts.

How the attraction worked, I'd like to have also seen what repelled the dragon. The dragon looks in and hmms, It wants more Sweets and less mana. We know what it wanted more of, but what did it want less of. You add Sweets and then suddenly it desires more meat.

For those who say they don't want valentines ruined by the event, don't let it bother you that much that it does.

Edit: Whoever is involved with editing the DCWikia page PM me so I can express to you what my contributions were to the event.

Edited by Starscream

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Tri-Horn Wyvern Zian I has attracted an admirer: a falconiform wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

Hey everyone,

does this mean, that I have not to change the things in the cave, because there is a female anywere?

I can´t see her in the cave.

All stuff ist 60/70.

Thanks for answers.

Raiko

Real life has demanded almost all of my time lately, but I was able to log in to get items on some of the days and I just wanted to say that it's been a wonderfully fun activity for me (and for my niece who got less items but still managed to create a lovely cave).

So thanks to everyone involved in making this event work. I absolutely adore when we have things like this during holidays where we get to create things (I made a million different ice fortresses and loved them all), it's become one of my favorite parts of DC.

My Summer managed to attracty a Pink. I think now I'll make a sweetheart line with them. smile.gif

He did get a little discouraged when so many dragons peeked in but then left, so I made him a back up, so he didn't feel too much pressure. xd.png

user posted image

I have a feeling this was already mentioned (I haven't had time to read the whole thread), but it would be nice, if we have further events determined by biome, it there was a special default for pre-biome dragons, too. Perhaps a more ancient looking version of what other biomes have - maybe some attractive ruins sprinkled about or such.

Still, that didn't diminish the fun I had playing with all of the gorgeous decorations. Thanks again to all who pitched in!

user posted image

Drogo suddenly felt there was an hole in his life. He grew up on a wonderful beach, full of white and gold sand that perfectly match his own scales and the pure waters of the sea have always had a gentle caress for his shiny body. He was knew everywhere as the Golden Sand King and treated with respect and honor by the dragons which live in the Coast zone. His territory was large and rich in resources, full of animals to prey and lovely nature oasis to enjoi.

However Drogo's heart was pained and large tears plowed his face for many years since he lost his first lady in the sea, a wonderful Verdigris copper.

Drogo loved Xantya with all his heart, and when a stranger told him she was drowned in a storm over the sea he refused to accept it and decided to wait her on the seashore forever.

He decided to decorate his large submarine cave with the things that his lost mate loved the most, but unexpectedly this attracted a lot of interested female dragons.

Each one of them thought that those were gifts that usually a male dragon offer when he's looking for a female, so they tried to obtain some from Drogo, but he would never let them take his precious memories. He sent all the females away with growls and showing nude sharp teeth.

The dragons of the Coast zone started to avoid him, thinking he had lost his mind for some unknown reason and Drogo was left alone in his submarine cave, looking at the large pool on the stone floor connected to the deep sea, waiting for Xantya to come back.

At the seventh day a dark shadow was moving under the surface of the water until a dragon head emerged silently from it. A lovely Deep Sea timidly came out of the pool, cautiously looking around. "Go away" said telepathically Drogo without showing himself.

She ignored him at keep to look around the cave. The lovely blue rose, the shiny pile of colored scales or the strong sword on a magnificent pile of gold didn't impressed her. Only the delicate old necklace in the middle of the treasure captured her attention. She silently approach it, but when she tried to touch it Drogo suddenly dart in front of it growling "I said go away! This is the most important memory of...", but he immediately stop.

The young Deep Sea was crying, looking at the necklace. She wasn't scared, but only very sad.

"I've met Xantya few moments before she died. She told me with her last strengths to look for you Drogo. She wanted to told you that she deeply loved you, but even if she wouldn't have come back you must live your own life, happy as when she was with you. She told me to say this, I'm truly sorry for your loss ".

The Deep Sea has lovely azure eyes and a glowing orb over her small head. Drogo accepted the last words of his lost loved one and even if his heart was heavy he was really thankful to that Deep Sea for bring him this message.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"I'm Firyula".

"Would you stay with me Firyula? I need someone to talk. I feel really lonely".

"Sure Drogo, I'm here for you".

The joy spread over the beautiful couple, blessing them with many children. Firyula never stop to wear the old necklace Drogo gifted to her, she was so different and yet so similar to Xantya and Drogo loved his new sweet lady with all himself.

THE END

Sorry for any grammar mistake xd.png Please note me if you see some of them! I hope you enjoyed my little story wink.gif

Awwww, that's super precious! smile.gif Thanks for the warm fuzzies.

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Turquos has attracted an admirer: a balloon dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

The dragon from day 1 came back apparently, how cute.

...Turquos is still a pygmy tho! xd.png