TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Can we still change the female mate by decorating the cave?

It appears that we can't, sorry!

I will say, I have had a lot of fun decorating my cave. And I love the Valentine dragons this year - gorgeous and shiny! The art, both of the Heartseekers and in the game, is just excellent and I would like to thank the artists for it. thumbs_up.png

Well, Valorn attracted a mate. Not the worst one, considering I had a balloon that liked to hang around. I was going for a Nhiostrife and Shadow Walker, but the Shadow Walker only showed up once and the Nhiostrife never stayed.

I suppose the blue works well, so Valorn and I are both satisfied. The cave wasn't decorated as much as others, but Valorn is a simple kinda guy. The princess and prince he captured were likely the only things that actually got him a mate, though.

When he saw he got a mate, he also gave her a winter rose.

user posted image

biggrin.gifThis was a fun event. I really like the ideas behind it:

-Helping our dragons attract a mate for their breeding season, which happens to coincide with human's Valentine day. Thanks to the people that brainstormed this and made it happen!

-The opportunity to decorate with a whole bunch of pretty and interesting things- thank you very much to the artists! This was very cool and it wouldn't have happened without you guys.

-Some lore on the dragons! It was very cool to learn more about what the different dragons like or value in hoards

-Different dragons nesting in different areas would logically have caves made out of different rocks, materials and organic matter depending their original catch location- kinda like sea turtles that return to their birth place lay eggs, but the dragons were looking for a mate.

-Loved the chance to see so many dragons, especially on a colored background. Made me look at the individual dragon more than I normally would.

ninja.gifOn the other hand, there were some things that sort of fell through:

-The attracted mates were not responsive to changes in decoration as the instructions said they would be. Especially when the dragons decided to stay. It seems many people ended up with dragons they had tried to decorate against. Some people did get what they decorated for so... This kind of randomness is not fun.

-Instructions were very minimal and even though there was time to add more instructions for us, as far as I know, no farther official word came to the players. Information offered was based around what other players figured out.

xd.pngSome cool things that the players did:

Made data sheets based on what seemed to attract different mates.

Worked to figure out and respond to what other players were having problems getting.

Made stories, had entertaining drama (until right at the end with so many distressed people), and decorated beautifully.

(P.S. In relation to seeing dragons on different colored backgrounds- While generally picture backgrounds are not my things when it comes to lists like dragcave's I would love a few more skin options for the main site. Only so long I can stand one skin and I end up switching it out every couple months or so. I like the ones available, of course, but I wish there were more. Maybe a new one every year or so? But I have no idea what goes into making a skin and if that is reasonable to even ask. )

I ended up with a bleeding moon dragon. T-T imo blacktips and bleeding moons don't go together.. and my cave is also mostly decorated with blue so she almost blends in uggghh.

At least the event was fun~~ ..

Banner of the Lady attracted a Waterhorse.

Since his cave is in the desert, this lovely lady must definitely be a devoted mate! Banner immediately set out to make her more comfortable. (I think I'll have to breed him to a Waterhorse now.)

user posted image

I don't remember there ever being a nhio that stopped by, I thought I was trying to regain a waterhorse, but I'm not displeased with the dragon who remained with my ochredrake. It's just a surprise. happy.gif

Wow, so many people seem displeased.

Eh, I guess I'm lucky happy.gif

Except now I feel obliged to go out and find a CB Golden Wyvern for Rhirhio...

I had fun, though happy.gif

when does the other dragon appeared as mine hasn't O.o

Hard refresh... rolleyes.gif

*points to her signature*

ended up with a White, though i reeeeeally wanted a Shadow Walker!!! meh. well at least white's are nice...i like their feathered wings.

fun enough event, though i do wish there had been more official information on what causes what and such.

Ctrl + F5

Much appreciated. I was clicking refresh up by the url. I wasn't aware you had to do a keyboard refresh.

I think I'll go ahead and leave them alone now...

Wait so if we just had to wait until the end of the week to see what lovely lady dragon we attracted, what was the point of having enough shinies/sweets/trinkets out for the others??

Also Cheezburger is a nightglory drake so I'm not sure how his relationship with a nebula is going to work, lol. xd.png Oh well. Too bad I forgot yesterday. Guess it's time to see what I can make with all this stuff...

A Deep Sea Dragon to go with my Spitfire! Time for him to rearrange their cave! Haha!

*ducks under blue fire*

Ok! Ok! I'm helping, I'm helping.

''After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Savage's Double has attracted an admirer: a golden wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.''

I'm not complaining smile.gif

Yay, my dragon attracted a Pyrope, my favorite variant! biggrin.gif It wasn't a Pillow, but still awesome happy.gif I wish I could save a screenie of their cave, but this phone won't let me =/

Rudy's new girlfriend is a white. I like whites, but I've got, like, a lot of them already.

Does anyone know where these ladies come from? A new-to-me white showed up on my script, and I wasn't sure if it was Rudy's girl or one I just forgot to name. The egg dates from April of last year, and no parents are on the lineage.

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, St Valentini (Sweetling) has attracted an admirer: a shadow walker! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

Prettier than most others who stopped by his cave, so I'm satisfied. biggrin.gif

For those of you who are dissatisfied with your dragons' mates-

From what I can tell, you don't actually have to breed them together. Just keep them on your scroll and breed them to whomever you want. (Or set them loose if you really can't stand that breed.)

If an egg shows up on your scroll anyway, you can keep it or abandon it, your choice.

In other words, don't sweat it.

My Alt Sweetling attracted a waterhorse. Not showing in the cave though.

I like waterhorses and the combination. Would've liked the copper more though that was passing by the other day. wink.gif