TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Ctrl+F5 to make the attracted lady Dragon show up.

Ah, thanks! *hugs*

~Feathers

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Prince Chrom of Ylisse has attracted an admirer: a nebula dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

A blue nebula! I'm really happy, since that's exactly the same as his mate. Though, it does kind of ruin my cave's orange and black color scheme...

Edited by Limanya

i can't see the dragons that i'm attracting :/

nevermind it just took a few refreshes lol

Edited by FireMercury

D'oheth!*head,desk HARD!*Figures the way would be something along those line since I don't have a photo bucket or tiny pic account,nor do I want one.Meh.Suffice to say,everything's maxed out and all the shinies are a pile of gold and silver coins.*gryphgrin*

Try http://www.directupload.net/ you do not need to register. wink.gif

*points at signature*

I added a crown and necklace to my attracted female. The Guardian and his new mate shall rule my cave together =w=

user posted image

i can't see the dragons that i'm attracting :/

Try doing Ctrl + f5 or Command + R

Edited by raykawolf

A balloon for me. No. Nononononononononono. >_< Please let this not be it. I very much dislike balloon dragons!

Balloons refused to visit me.. and those were ALL i was trying to attract! I got SW instead, which I'm ok with I guess. Its alright though, I made a balloon out of the items, and I'm happy with that. Poor Carrot built a statue for his hopeful mate Apple, and that wasnt enough sad.gif

user posted image

I had written a story for them, but... it got buried in the thread awhile back. I think I'll share again for giggles though, because it was long and cute.

http://pastebin.com/xjK6kMKu

Try http://www.directupload.net/ you do not need to register. wink.gif

*points at signature*

Nah thanks for the thought though.A Sweetling male sitting next to a cave full of magic and gold and a White female lounging on a pile of purple gerber daisies,both surrounded by meats and sweets and other nifty stuff. laugh.giftongue.gif

Thanks for the event anyway.

Next time please inform us when the "end of the event" begins. And for the time can you please use am and pm or 24 hours modus.

I really thougt that our final mate will appear on the 21st of February because that is the "end of the event".

Not happy with my Red that turns her back to my poor boy, all the other mates that would be attracted by 60 Magical and 58 or 59 Meats are facing to the left... sad.gif

And yes i avoide shines besides 3 items to avoid a Waterhorse and i would also crying if my guy gets a Ballon.

A text like: All the items that you are putting in are only there to influence the random number generator which determines your female dragon, with the beginnin of the 20th you can put in what you want this is the gal for your guy, would avoided this wave of anger.

Points at Signature

Balloons refused to visit me.. and those were ALL i was trying to attract! I got SW instead, which I'm ok with I guess. Its alright though, I made a balloon out of the items, and I'm happy with that. Poor Carrot built a statue for his hopeful mate Apple, and that wasnt enough sad.gif

user posted image

I had written a story for them, but... it got buried in the thread awhile back. I think I'll share again for giggles though, because it was long and cute.

http://pastebin.com/xjK6kMKu

That is so creative! Marvelous biggrin.gif

thank you for the event ^^

Falcowel attracted a Imperial Fleshcrowne ^^

user posted image

What a lovely event! My Marrow attracted a female Copper. ^o^ Should of picked a different dragon, though, as my Darkblood is a committed man already, but eh. xd.png. Thanks for the awesome event guys, I had lots of fun! And the new Valentine's dragons are to DIE for. *o* definitely going to be planning some beautiful lineages with these guys for sure. ♥ Thanks once more! o3o

It's hardly "a wave anger". Just disappointment. Besides, it's a teeny event.

Finally rearranged my mess into something nice xd.png

user posted image

So I just read that falconiforms want meat as a primary and shinies as a secondary. I have 5/70 meats and 70/70 shinies. I really wish I knew how these were calculated.

This couple looks like they bicker 24/7. Maybe that's my ND's thing o_0

user posted image

@ Tigerkralle:

Here's TJ's quoted info on this event (it was the first Valentine's post, not the Release one), where he DOES state that the event will be over at midnight, when the 20th of February turns over to the 21st of February. The bolding is mine for clarity.

The timeline for the Valentine's Day event is essentially the same as before:

Sunday, February 8 at 0:00: Past Valentine's dragons will be breedable. They will remain breedable for exactly seven days, ending February 15 at 0:00.

Saturday, February 14 at 0:00: A new Valentine's Day dragon will be released. It will drop for three days, ending February 17 at 0:00. In addition, a special event will begin at this time, lasting one week (it will end February 21 at 0:00).

A text like: All the items that you are putting in are only there to influence the random number generator which determines your female dragon, with the beginnin of the 20th you can put in what you want this is the gal for your guy, would avoided this wave of anger.

I don't think it even influenced the random generator, though.

I had one magical item, and I have a Desipis even though they were insisting on mana collections in the prior days. So I don't think it mattered at all what your decorations were.

(I'm not complaining about the Desipis, btw. Not was I was going for, but they're cool-looking dragons. I was merely surprised, since the text said the placed items made a difference, but my results show that they actually didn't. Or at least, they don't correlate to the results of the prior days...)

The timeline for the Valentine's Day event is essentially the same as before:

Sunday, February 8 at 0:00: Past Valentine's dragons will be breedable. They will remain breedable for exactly seven days, ending February 15 at 0:00.

Saturday, February 14 at 0:00: A new Valentine's Day dragon will be released. It will drop for three days, ending February 17 at 0:00. In addition, a special event will begin at this time, lasting one week (it will end February 21 at 0:00).

Sadly I was assuming we'd have today to finish up decorating and then stop when the mate that we liked showed up thus guaranteeing something we liked. I find it odd that we still have a full day to decorate but no chance to change the mate. A bit misleading.

My aim was undine, so I maxed mana and shinies and left everything else below 10. I had undines visit all the time but all said my shinies weren't enough, which is impossible because I don't think I could have had any more shinies.

Ended up getting a black dragon as an admirer which is interesting because I barely had any meat. Never had black dragon mentioned before. I guess I couldn't meet the requirements so the cave picked another dragon.

Perhaps the specific items under the certain categories affect it, rather than anything that's magic or shiny.

Edited by Ashywolf

Sadly I was assuming we'd have today to finish up decorating and then stop when the mate that we liked showed up thus guaranteeing something we liked.  I find it odd that we still have a full day to decorate but no chance to change the mate.  A bit misleading.

You nailed it!

@Ayelldee

I was sure that the event will be locked on midnight betwenn the 21st and 22nd, but the description IN-CAVE that at the end of the event the final mate will stay are misleading.

@FRiv

I am quick-tempered from time to time and have a sharp tongue... rolleyes.gif

@All

I will made my peace with the Red female in the Valentine cave, 'cause it could hit me harder and i feel your pain when you are stuck now with the most unpleasant dragon from whole DC in your eyes and have to cover this particular female so that you do not have to see her.

@TJ and staff

All in all a wonderful event and thank you very much! It was fun to decorate the cave and the art is gorgeous.

Dead certain there are issues with the deadlines for this events and you are very happy that you could present us the event like it was announced, but i for my part prefer a event that is completed over the meeting of the deadline. I would be happy with a "Sorry the event will started on the ??.??. at time of day and will end on ??.?? at time of day due to [insert reason(s)]." News in-cave then a half-cooked event full of glitches and missing instructions for users.

*sigh* I am still not completly calmed down...

Edited by Tigerkralle

user posted image

All you guys have such beautifully decorated caves, and then there's my sad attempt :')

Well I tried. But my white dragon got an admirer so that's nice xd.png

I have missed most of the event due to work, but I absolutely love the new valentine dragons and I enjoyed decorating the cave for my dragon smile.gif

So, I had a dream last night that the final part of the event allowed us all to mess around with the items in one another's caves for one day with a chance of changing who the final mate was... My awake self can see how this could be way too crazy but it would be suiting for Heartstealers! xd.png

EDIT - If I'm dreaming about DC I guess that means I'm officially hooked...

Edited by Starwind

Didn't like my deep sea

Solution?

make his hoard spill out of the cave! xd.png

user posted image

Wow. Didn't think ND's would be able to participate considering they can't even mate and hate everything that moves around them. Lol

Wow. Didn't think ND's would be able to participate considering they can't even mate and hate everything that moves around them. Lol

haha guess that's true enough, since I covered his mate in treasure xd.png

Hello. smile.gif

I´m not a native speaker.

In my cave there is this text:

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Valentino of Rimmersgard has attracted an admirer: a pyralspite dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

Erm...

Can I decorate further my cave or should I wait until the dragons are finished? ^-^

Greetings

Lauri