TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I'd like to add my thanks to the spriters, writers, Mods and TJ for the event.

It was fun and the sprites and caves were fabulously well done. smile.gif

Edit: perhaps I was unconsciously trying to save a letter (unless it's those sticking keys again, lol,) to make this more concise, but it would appear not to work that way..?

Edited by Syphoneira

Well I could not help myself but I had to make a better screenshot.

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Dementium has attracted an admirer: a balloon dragon! But Dementium do not like her and decides to chase her away. After the ballon vanished he invite his one and only true love, Lassyra. You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

user posted image

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this event possible, especially the spriters! Such an amazing collection of items.

Well I could not help myself but I had to make a better screenshot.

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Dementium has attracted an admirer: a balloon dragon! But Dementium do not like her and decides to chase her away. After the ballon vanished he invite his one and only true love, Lassyra. You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

user posted image

That's not a bad way to solve the wrong-mate problem. laugh.gif

My Bronze attracted a shy little Waterhorse. He's giving her space to get adjusted. He's happy the Balloon didn't come back to stay. I like brown and blue color schemes so at least they're color coordinated. I didn't have vines in my cave so I made my own which, surprise, are a brown and blue color. The Penguin Cupcake Gang were successful in attracting a dragon that liked cupcakes smile.gif

user posted image

Edited by whitestar

Thanks for the event, it was fun while it lasted though the ending of it was disappointing.

I do agree to a few earlier posts that it was misleading that the player had control over the outcome when it was completely random the whole time. A lot of time was used up trying to decorate to please the visiting options of the cave though all that was for not when a dragon that never visited before is suddenly there. A lot being mates being a disappointment to players as they either weren't working to attract them or didn't like the breed. Really wish there was an option to change the outcome, cause there seems to be more unsatisfied and on-the-fence players than there are happy ones.

As for me, I'm....on the fence about it, just above being disappointed if not on it exactly. Could have been worse, but I spent time decorating in hope for one of the visitors that didn't happen. Wish we were told that our efforts weren't going to effect the outcome at all, it was very random.

Anyway, thanks for the game.

Are the badges likely to be clickable after the event is over? As in, will other people be able to see our caves?

I want to know the same thing, I hope they'll be clickable ^^;

Didn't like my deep sea

Solution?

make his hoard spill out of the cave! xd.png

user posted image

That is actually quite pretty with the bright pile contrasting with the darker dragon and cave smile.gif

Thanks for the event, it was fun while it lasted though the ending of it was disappointing.

I do agree to a few earlier posts that it was misleading that the player had control over the outcome when it was completely random the whole time. A lot of time was used up trying to decorate to please the visiting options of the cave though all that was for not when a dragon that never visited before is suddenly there. A lot being mates being a disappointment to players as they either weren't working to attract them or didn't like the breed. Really wish there was an option to change the outcome, cause there seems to be more unsatisfied and on-the-fence players than there are happy ones.

As for me, I'm....on the fence about it, just above being disappointed if not on it exactly. Could have been worse, but I spent time decorating in hope for one of the visitors that didn't happen. Wish we were told that our efforts weren't going to effect the outcome at all, it was very random.

Anyway, thanks for the game.

I do believe it wasn't random. At least at the end it wasn't. At the start, it was, so we could see what different dragons liked. At the end, I believe you got whatever dragon you got judging by which items you had the most of, and which items were second by amount.

From 'Cave of Courtship' thread:

Black - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Desipis - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Frostbite - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Nebula - Primary: Mana Secondary: Meat

Undine - Primary: Mana Secondary: Shinies

Red - Primary: Meat Secondary: Mana

Copper - Primary: Meat Secondary: Shinies

Falconiform - Primary: Meat Secondary: Shinies

Teimarr - Primary: Meat Secondary: Shinies

Bright Pink - Primary:Meat Secondary: Sweets

Golden Wyvern - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Mana

Deep Sea - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Meat

Ember - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Meat

Grave - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Meat

Waterhorse - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Sweets

Brimstone - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Misc

Pyralspite - Primary: Shinies Secondary: Misc

Shadow Walker - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Mana

White - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Mana

Harvest - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Meat

Fleshcrown - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Shinies

Nhiostrife - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Shinies

Balloon - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Misc

Canopy - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Misc

Tangar - Primary: Sweets Secondary: Misc

Bleeding Moon - Primary: Misc Secondary: Meat

At least so far, that seems the case from what I've seen.

Edited by MessengerDragon

I do believe it wasn't random. At the end, I believe you got whatever dragon you got judging by which items you had the most of, and which items were second by amount.

Then....it didn't match my outcome because I have meat as primary, mana second, shiny third. :< And I got a Deep sea which doesn't match the list here.

The results aren't the same now cause I changed it up, but before the mate was set, that was what the stats were.

Edited by HollowSoul

My waterhorse attracted a balloon mate. HAHA, that is fabulous. They're two ungraceful nerds. They are perfect for each other.

I think that items influence what you get, but they don't guarantee you'll get a certain dragon. I had Sweets as my primary item, and Mana as my secondary. Therefore, I should have gotten a White dragon or SW. Unfortunately for my Pygmy dragon, he only managed to attract a demanding Desipis dragon.

Oh well, they make an interesting pair. ^.^

Edited by eledb

Then....it didn't match my outcome because I have meat as primary, mana second, shiny third. :< And I got a Deep sea which doesn't match the list here.

The results aren't the same now cause I changed it up, but before the mate was set, that was what the stats were.

Is that what you had when the mate attracted? Because changes after the dragon decides to stay doesn't change anything.

I do believe it wasn't random. At least at the end it wasn't. At the start, it was, so we could see what different dragons liked. At the end, I believe you got whatever dragon you got judging by which items you had the most of, and which items were second by amount.

Definitely NOT that straight forward. I had a SW and a Nebula as the last two mates yesterday. And shortly before that Nhio and Gwyvern.

I deliberately wanted the SW, so I maxed out Sweets and kept Mana on second. I went so far as to remove enough shinies to put them on 3rd, misc on 4th and put meat down to 20-something (last with a LARGE margin) because I didn't want to repulse the SW (which one user reported somewhere).

What did I get?

Frostbite - Mana/Meat

I had a lot of Mana because I liked the crystals, but definitely not 1st. And I avoided meat as much as possible.

I gave up on the scientific approach on day 1 basically, so I'm not really surprised/disappointed anymore. But the result DEFINITELY had a huge random factor.

Did I mention I NEVER saw the Frostbite before? And I didn't really mess all that much with my cave decoration on the last two days...

MessengerDragon, by that chart I should have gotten either a shadow walker (my goal) or a white. What I got was a pyralspite. I had sweets and magic maxed out. Shinies was third. Little misc. and less meat. So there had to be a measure of random in there.

I think that items influence what you get, but they don't guarantee you'll get a certain dragon. I had Sweets as my primary item, and Mana as my secondary. Therefore, I should have gotten a White dragon. Unfortunately for my Pygmy dragon, he only managed to attract a demanding Desipis dragon.

Oh well, they make an interesting pair. ^.^

This matches what I said, was a random outcome. :<

Least least a warning could have been given....

It's....not my preferred, don't care for it at all. The options that the list has given to show what dragons would have been interested would have been more preferred than what I got. Oh well though....

@Messenger -Yes, I had meat first, mana second, that is til lthe female was set and we had time to redecorate--which the stats changed once I did so. The deep sea came which doesn't match the list given by the stats.

ALSO

The stats DID change, I watched them change as I redecorated.

I had no misc. items out on the screen before the female was set in. Which had 0 for misc. Nothing in the bar. After the female was added in, I redecorated with some misc items in there and the bars changed.

Edited by HollowSoul

gah I wish there was a clear all button xd.png

Now I wanna redecorate everything for my cave.

My despipis also doesn't match the list thing

Magic(58/70)

Meat(40/70)

Shinies(51/70)

Sweets(38/70)

Misc.(28/70)

I feel gypped! I was going to spend some time reorganizing my love cave since today was the last day, but now I found that Copper Green Freedom has already selected a mate, and it's a canopy! I was going to use this result to pick a mate for my dragon. I don't want a canopy! >:( Now, I don't know if it's worth editing the cave and finalizing all the hoard and such, if I can't adjust the result anymore. And I was going to add more gold and fruit to my cave too... Oh well, at least it's not a balloon dragon. And the colors kinda go together.

Edit: ZE CAVE:

user posted image

Edit: These are my stats if anyone is trying to make since of this thing:

• Magic(56/70)

Meat(4/70)

Shinies(60/70)

Sweets(45/70)

Misc.(49/70)

ALSO, Thanks to everyone who made this event possible. It was fun!

Edited by Shokomon

LOVED this event! Enjoyed seeing who my scaled son attracted and found I would have been a terrible mother-in-law because I hated his rejections LOL.

He's happily kannudling with his deep sea dragon lady who realized what a catch he is.

Will there be babies? That would be a really cool outcome of it all.

THANKS to all the talented artists and coders who made this possible.

Lovely Valentine dragons this year too.

So I made a drawing showing Tiny & that Pyral. But I won't post now because *phones*

But I think the event was quite nice and fun, and I hope the trophy becomes clickable so we can see peeps caves. And I suppose this will actually happen; it did with previous events.

Now I'm off to wait for spring (my leetle is annoying me being Mr Snowy Pine) and April Fools. And Cave's birthday. It's in May, isn't it? Or would it be March...?

While this event was fun, I have to say I'm disappointed with my outcome.

Late last night, I thought I was set to have a Golden Wyvern in my cave.

I come home from work, and find a Deep Sea Dragon in its stead.

I didn't even have the time to finish decorating my cave with the last day's objects.

Definitely feeling super-confused...since I thought Deep Sea Dragons liked Shinies and Meat?

But I don't have a single meat item in my cave.

Ah well! It was still a fun event, and I thank everyone who worked so hard on the items and the coding, and the entire event for us. It's appreciated!

I never did figure out how some caves looked different (like ice or lava and so on) or how to change them in their bare state.

Also never had any crowns but see them on some dragons posted on screen shots here.

Didn't matter in the end but were there different choices? I didn't see any options other than selecting my dragon and then getting the stash items to attract the lady.

user posted image

Edited by pfeifferpack