TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

In the end I got a deep sea dragon xd.png

user posted image

She certainly was a surprise. I had not seen any deep sea dragons coming by until now.

Overall, I rather enjoyed this event. Arranging my favorite shinies in a pile, watching as people researched the mechanics, and anticipating the final mate, all made for an enjoyable Valentine's Day and week.

Kudos to the talented sprite artists and TJ for his enigmatic code. xd.png

Okay... I am dying of lols at myself here because I totally chose a dragon I could do without in case I lost it (I wasn't so sure that wouldn't happen) and came to my senses only when it was too late to change things. And then I was so much of an ignoramus I only kept adding mana stuff because I didn't figure out to click the other choices in order to see them. xd.png But then my weird dragon attracted a golden wyvern and I love those!

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Jketh Dorkface has attracted an admirer: a golden wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

user posted image

user posted image

Welp this is my final cave! They liked each other so much, they had a clutch of eggs which hatched into 2 Coppers and 2 Nhios. :3

Love the event, very exciting and fun. This copper was probably the one hanging around since the beginning.

user posted image

I think this is my final cave. I'm happy with it. Blue Rosie is happy with it. Yay!

user posted image

My queen has been crowned! >=D I have to say, it's not a HORRIBLE match, though, of course, there could've been a better one, but I'm pretty satisfied with my crazy cave ^u^/

user posted image

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Nova Of The Stars has attracted an admirer: a harvest dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

''Look my love! We both have matching teddy bears, aren't they just the cutest.''

''...Love...?''

''..Are you even listening to me!?''

My nebula attracted a lovely harvest dragon, though she seems more interested in the dragonfly than him but I'm sure she'll come around...eventually...

At first, I was actually a little dissapointed but I've grown quite fond of her biggrin.gif

Edited by Validea

user posted image

i completely wiped my dragon's lair and started over from scratch. i think it looks pretty :>

user posted image

I was hoping the Bright Pink would come back, but at least this one's pink too. xd.png But, yes! I actually have an Almandine Pyralspite! Totally gonna breed these two. <3

I finally got the mate I wanted (and she never visited me before), now my cave really fit the story I wrote for the event:

user posted image

It was a cold morning, the sun was just rising and dipped the mountains in golden light.

Shalawyn sat at a small spring of water, which was at the entrance of her cave and looked into the sparkling water.

The Falciniform Wyvern collected beautiful stones and gems and put them into the water, because she loved how they sparkled in there.

A breeze came up and Shalawyn knew that it was wind which could only be caused by dragon wings. Nyramon, a green Undine dragon, landed at the entrance of her cave and he had gifts for her in his claws. He and another male, Fyvor a Pyralspite dragon, courted her favor.

Shalawyn wasn't sure who should become her mate, since she really liked both dragons and even though Fyvor and Nyramon were both different, each of them was impressive in his own way.

There was a time when she was completely alone and the Falconiform lady never thought it was possible that she would have two males to choose from at one point in her life.

Her kind normally lives in solitude, but deep down there was always an empty feeling and she  started to feel lonely. Sure, she had a lot of fun while she was alone, but she wouldn't like to miss the time with the two males now.

It was breeding season and Shalawyn finally wanted to become a mother, so there had to be a decision who she wanted as her mate, but how should she be able to decide between them?

Both were gentle, came every morning with gifts for her like new stones, gems for her spring of water, food and sometimes even poems or new songs from the birds outside.

Nyramon was a bit shy and never touched her, even though she saw the longing in his eyes, he was always respectful and restrained. The Undine was always surrounded with a mysterious aura that fascinated her, maybe because he was just so unapproachable for her, but if he would finally touch her, Shalawyn would choose him.

Fyvor was very self-conscious and open to her about his desire, but but he never opened himself up to her and talked about his true feelings, Nyramon on the other hand was open about his feelings. She would choose Fyvor, but only if he would open up to her.

"My beautiful lady, I found those blue gems in the mountains and they reminded me of your beautiful eyes."

"Good morning Nyramon.", she greeted him, "Thank you for those beautiful gems, but I don't think my eyes are that beautiful. You can put them into the spring of water, my dear."

While Nyramon was putting away the gems another breeze came up, it was Fyvor, an Almandine Pyralspite dragon, he had brought some food for all three dragons.

"My dear Shalawyn, I hunted this morning and wanted to share it with you and Nyramon."

"Thank you! It is really kind that you want to share it with all of us."

Both males were not opposed to each other, they would accept the decision of the Falconiform female and peacefully had their meal together.

On the same day when Shalawyn flew alone over her territory, she had time to think about the males and their situation. She loved the feeling of the air around her wings and observed how the families were growing during this time of the year.

When sun colored the sky slowly orange and pink the Falconiform Wyvern decided to fly home, tomorrow would be another day and maybe one of the males would finally  be able to help her with the decision, if not, she would have to choose.

Shalawyn had reflected very long on their flight, but she came to the point where she had to decide, if she wanted to become a mother this year or not. She couldn't wait any longer.

As she landed on the entrace of her cave she noticed that something was different, someone was there. She slowly walked in, even though her eyes got used to the darkness, she tried to taste the air to find out who was in the cave as well.

There were items arranged in her cave, it also smelled fantastic and when she was finally able to see in the dark she could make out beautiful shiny stones, gold, gems, colorful scales, flowers and food, even a little plush dragon was placed next to her roost.

In the midst of this surprise sat a dragon, it was the green Undine Nyramon.

He bowed and spoke in a soft voice that trembled slightly: "Shalawyn, my dear, I wanted to prepare you a joy and I hope I have succeeded. You gave me so much love in the past years, when I tried to win your heart, but I never really showed my real love for you."

He stood up and came closer to the black Wyvern, she did not back down from him. She did, however, notice that he was nervous and smiled at him to try to take away his fear, he should know that he did nothing wrong.

And slowly, for the first time, the Undine rubbed his face against hers.

"Finally,", Shalawyn thought, "the decision has fallen.", Nyramon was the right mate for her, as he was able to defeat his fear.

There will be the right mate for Fyvor too, but it wasn't her and the Wyvern would tell him tomorrow, but firstly she would enjoy this moment.

Both dragons laid side by side and enjoyed that they had found each other.

user posted imageThe minions are paying their yearly tribute of three precious potatoes to their overloard, Prince CB. Prince's new consort is too distracted by the delectable looking treats to pay attention to matters of state. Not an auspicious beginning to their relationship Edited by Tawanda001

user posted image

I'd say I did well. Not The one that I wanted, but it's still one I like. Should have paid more attention to which dragons liked what...I would have loved a grave or a white.

Edited by warriorjames

Day 1: Frostbite

Day 2: Red

Day 3: Waterhorse

Day 4: Nebula, Copper, Balloon

Day 5: Inperial Feshcrowne, Golden Wyvern, Undine, Grave, Shadow Walker, Nhiostrife Wyvern, Canopy, Gold-Gorned Tangar, Depsits

Day 6: Undine, Grave, Nhiostrife Wyvern, Falconiform Wyvern, Canopy, Gold-Gorned Tangar, Shadow Walker, Black, Golden Wyvern, Depsits, Pink

Day 7: Nebula (My Dragon's Mate)

user posted image

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Terra Khan has attracted an admirer: a white dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

I like it. I have a multitude of White Dragons, so if I decided to keep to that, no problem.

This was a fun and interesting event!

Looks like my Golden Wyvern found himself an Almandine. Funny, I don't remember her visiting.

Is there any way to choose what the background cave looks like? I've just got the plain grey cave, but I'd love to use one of the others I'm seeing. Thanks. smile.gif

@Isuzu: I know, I attracted a brimstone dragon as a final mate, and I never remember her showing up to visit. My visitors were mostly white, black, and ember.

Edited by raevela

Aghast that the blue nebula lady who professed her love to him does not suit his home's colour scheme, Sangrian has neatly scattered her bloody remains in his cave... and has decided a pet is a superior acquisition.

user posted image

Aghast that the blue nebula lady who professed her love to him does not suit his home's colour scheme, Sangrian has neatly scattered her bloody remains in his cave... and has decided a pet is a superior acquisition.

Rofl! I love your solution! xd.png

Just as a heads up..there is a typo in the last line of the description of the Heartstealing Dragon..

The only way to know if a gift is from a Heartstealing Dragpn is to find one of their wafer-thin scales at the scene.

Here's what my cave looks like:

user posted image

I...I don't understand why a pink dragon decided to go with my GoN. What is this supposed to tell me?

user posted image

Well this breeding is gonna be weird for all three of us.