TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

*Wakes up, gets tea, shuffles over to the computer to see how the cave is looking today*

*Blinks*

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Gallifreyan Lhuglor has attracted an admirer: a falconiform wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

Wut? I mean, I love Falconiforms, so I am 100% okay with this match, but I had intentionally maximized my ratios of shinies and magic with the understanding that those were things that Golden Wyverns or, worst case scenario, Undines liked... Again, I'm cool with my end result, but this wasn't what I was expecting.

user posted image

This is not my final cave; I'll spend the rest of the day putting in ALL THE ITEMS since ratios don't matter anymore xd.png and post my final before midnight.

Event in review:

The art, as it always is for DC events, was superb, so I have no complaints on that end and offer a standing ovation to the artists for their incredible work. For the most part, the event itself was a lot of fun - I love decorating events, and the RP aspect integrating dragons from our own scrolls made it more personal and therefore awesome (and is something I hope to see regularly - it was a lot more interesting working with my own dragon than reading about an adventure I had with someone else's dragon).

I do wish there had been a lot more instruction and information upfront, though. For example, even through yesterday, people were posting for help finding more items than just magic because it wasn't even remotely obvious that you had to click on the text. A lot of rage that I expect to see for the rest of the day could have been avoided if it was made more clear that our results would wind up being somewhat random, saving people the time of making in-the-end useless spreadsheets regarding what two items every breed seemed to like (I know if I had gotten one of the possible breeds that I loathe [breed name redacted for the sake of the feelings of artists], I would have been growling quite loudly).

I'm glad that we have the rest of today to rearrange our cave around the mate we got instead of having it plopped in there after we couldn't move anything anymore, and I was pleased to see the mate previews showing up midway through the event, because that helped me adjust my expectations of what the end might look like.

In the end, I'm happy with the result that I got, and I had a ton of fun - but I know the event could have been so much better if things had been clarified from the get-go.

Does this mean even though we have actually attracted a mate (not one that was just passing through), is there still time for that to change? Or are we stuck with what we got even though the event doesn't end until midnight tonight?

I think it just means that we can edit our caves for one last day before the event closes and everything's locked the way it was. From the description in the event, the mates are here to stay.

iam pretty sure its not an alt. it only looks that way because its transparent and the cave colors are mixing with that transparency.

Yes, you're right *pouts* I did some pixel checking and there are green pixels on the Alt, that aren't on this one. Oh well

I still got a Shadow Walker! biggrin.gif Which is great, because I wasn't around that Halloween smile.gif I do have them on my scroll, but now I can dream that this one - even if it's just in the Cave of Lurve - is a CB wink.gif

Does this mean even though we have actually attracted a mate (not one that was just passing through), is there still time for that to change? Or are we stuck with what we got even though the event doesn't end until midnight tonight?

Judging by the way things have worked in the past, I think this just means that you have all day to decorate before it's locked permanently as it is.

user posted image

A bleeding moon?

Meh..

I would have rather preferred the golden wyvern that had came by yesterday.

Whelp. Here's my finished cave.

user posted image

Eon Fluxuation is one of my Sweetlings so I think it's pretty cool that the final mate attracted is a White cause the two breeds together can be looked at as Heart Healers. tongue.gif Just wish I could show off my cave but whenever I try to get the url to do so via peeking at the properties all I get is the url that ends in valentines15 so guess no can do to showing it off. >_<

Eon Fluxuation is one of my Sweetlings so I think it's pretty cool that the final mate attracted is a White cause the two breeds together can be looked at as Heart Healers. tongue.gif Just wish I could show off my cave but whenever I try to get the url to do so via peeking at the properties all I get is the url that ends in valentines15 so guess no can do to showing it off. >_<

Printscreen it, copy it into MS Paint or something similar, save it and upload it to Photobucket or Tinypic or something - only way to do it.

Printscreen it, copy it into MS Paint or something similar, save it and upload it to Photobucket or Tinypic or something - only way to do it.

Yup. That's the way to do it. smile.gif

user posted image

I....wut?? No Brimstone had ever shown up until now. sad.gif /sadpanda

Though...I do find it kind of amusing to imagine Rith giving me the "HELP ME" eyes as he gets dragged around the cave by this sassy, beefy lady dragon and forced to redecorate as she likes.

I....wut?? No Brimstone had ever shown up until now. sad.gif /sadpanda

Though...I do find it kind of amusing to imagine Rith giving me the "HELP ME" eyes as he gets dragged around the cave by this sassy, beefy lady dragon and forced to redecorate as she likes.

Male gold and female brimstone do go well together, though, symmetry-wise?

Yup. That's the way to do it. smile.gif

D'oheth!*head,desk HARD!*Figures the way would be something along those line since I don't have a photo bucket or tiny pic account,nor do I want one.Meh.Suffice to say,everything's maxed out and all the shinies are a pile of gold and silver coins.*gryphgrin*

Patxaran (silver tinsel) got a Brimstone mate as well.

user posted image

My fella attracted a Copper.

I was kinda hoping for a Guardian, so I could pretend it was him and his real mate, but I never got Guardians even checking out his lair so. Whoops.

And then everything changed when the Penguin Nation attacked.

Lol, it looks like the copper's running away and the black dragon is like "nooo wait!!! I has a cupcake for youuuu!!!!"

Oh, yeah, I forgot to post Apollo's cave.

user posted image

It's a bit messy, but his mate seems to like it. What a cute couple.

(i liked to decorate like the dragon himself did it. now i can't stop thinking that dragons are just big scaly bowerbirds. :3c)

"After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Gamble has attracted an admirer: a falconiform wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company."

.-. I was hoping for a Pyralspite for my ND. On one hand, it's not a holiday, which is very good, but on the other, it's a falconiform and I don't really like them much >3> Overall, meh.

My Guardian attracted a Shadow Walker. Well, I wouldn't say that they look very...symmetrical or color-matching, but I guess all that matters is that they love each other, eh? ^w^

user posted image

So... now what? They just hang out in the little cave we made? xd.png

My Pygmy attracted a Grave... Haha, those anatomical issues, 'doe.

Soooo it says that my dragon attracted a white dragon (which is funny for my weyr story! xd.png) but I don't see its sprite in my cave? Anyone else having this problem?

~Feathers

So... now what? They just hang out in the little cave we made? xd.png

My Pygmy attracted a Grave... Haha, those anatomical issues, 'doe.

Loll, I think they're going to have some problems.

Pygmy: Hey, honey, can you get the meat? *looking up*

Grave: Sure. *gets meat* Hey, where are you?

Pygmy: I'm here!!

Grave: Huh? Where? I can't see you.

Pygmy: DOWN HERE!!!!

Edited by raykawolf

Soooo it says that my dragon attracted a white dragon (which is funny for my weyr story! xd.png) but I don't see its sprite in my cave? Anyone else having this problem?

~Feathers

Try pressing Ctrl + f5 or Command + R.

Well, finished redecorating happy.gif

Before

After:

user posted image

Poor Rhirhio looks too shy to look at his pretty mate.

Aww, that's cute! xd.png

Edited by raykawolf

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Onion Knight (Vine) has attracted an admirer: a pyralspite dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

This was a cute event! I don't recall a pyralspite visiting before, she must've been a stalker.