TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

I do not support this idea, now that it seems all bred Solstices will be this way. It's another sprite new players can't have, and also (potentially) ruins already-bred Solstices. Some people now have to wait a year to create pairs they like. Doesn't affect my lines, but I know it affects some people's.

Both sprites are very pretty. I just don't agree with how it was implemented, or like the implications of it.

That being said, I'll get over it. I don't think it should have been done this way, though, where the rainbows are CB-only.

~

I wonder which Solstices will be available as raffle prizes.

Just noticed the concept art from when they were posted, the Solstice's have blue wings. =o

Interesting. It is pretty, but it does definitely change lineages. I don't think it'll change mine too much, though.

I actually like them better without the sunset wings. smile.gif I'm not doing too much with solstices (in lineage anyways) so it doesn't affect me as much as it would to someone that was planning an epic 7g with them (sounds like it already affected someone negatively already). It is definitely a surprise though! Shame though, I would have definitely made a personal lineage project with them if this was the original. xd.png

What if they alternate each year? As in:

1st year - sunset wings

2nd year - blue wings

3rd year - sunset wings

etc.

That may be too complicated though...

Hhhng that blue-winged Solstice is so pretty but I'm limiting myself to two of each Christmas breed (Yes I know there's not a limit anymore, but since I don't really do anything with holidays anyway I'll leave them for people who do.) and these new lovelies are trying to tempt me dangit! XD

I'm not sure how I feel about bred solstices being a different color. Some of my lineages will be ok, even better maybe, with the blue-winged ones, but my solstice x Valentine pairs may be in trouble. As bred alts go this isn't too bad (looking at you, nebulas!) but still =/

*eyes her solstice eggs and hatchies*

Good thing I like all blue pairings xd.png Besides my green wing Nebula pairing but still they should look good. I actually like these blue winged lovelies! I can't wait till mine grow up now x3

Could be one of two things - those with blue so far are bred to blue dragons...so there may be still bred sunset wings yet to grow up

or it could be all bred are bluewing and only CB have the sunset

Oh no... I hope not... the bluewing is okay but I prefer the original. x.x

Honestly I for one am VERY disappointed. I was looking forward to getting the sunsetty ones on my scroll and now it sounds like those are forever beyond me. -.- I like the blue one fine, but NOT in exclusion to the original. I would much rather have had the original and no bluewings if I were given a vote and it had to be one or the other. I guess my reaction sounds like it's in the minority though.

Edited by Lurhstaap

-stares at several of her Solstices, specifically paired with pinkish dragons because it brings out the sunset tones-

Well, if the blue wings are A Thing and are on every bred Solstice, there go those lineages...

See it's not even a lineage problem for me, it's because I've missed all the previous holiday CBs. I was hoping to catch up by at least catching bred ones, but this means I can NEVER have the version of the Solstice that was originally released. If I had known that ahead of time that would've been fine, but as a surprise, it's... not a happy one, for me.

While the blue is pretty, them breeding a different color than the cb would mean that I wont collect them. I dont do lineages with more than two sprites in them, and since they cant be pb, having alternate colors showing up means yet another sprite I wont necessarily be collecting for myself (outside of /balloon checkers).

Hopefully its just a during this particular event thing?

Edited by Thuban

On the bright side of things, it will make for some interesting lineages, now that we can plan for it. And name opportunities, too :3 Got "Shards of a Rainbow" and "Every Rainbow Has an End" for myself.

Ugh, gonna have to throw my lot with the ones that aren't happy with this out-of-the-blue (heh) discovery. I really loved the CB Solstice's colors and overall sprite, but I wasn't able to get the CBs of most holidays that year. I was really excited to be able to finally get that sprite on my scroll but now it looks like I'll never be able to (unless I want to use an honorable mention thing on that, which I probably wouldn't).

Hmm I kind of like the blue winged Solstice. I'm not usually picky about lineage so yeah.

Anyone still looking for a Holly?

I quite like the bluewing. However, I don't like the idea that new players won't get sunsetty ones. I would have preferred it if these were simply a result of breeding them with blue pairs. That way sunset ones would be available to those without CBs.

Or maybe breeding them with sunset dragons would result in coloured wings?

I'm sort of getting the feeling that it will alternate or at the very least it could be just this year where all of them are blue. Then next year it could be a chance for either, or maybe a third coloration. (Kind of like the snow angels) I don't know, maybe I'm just being too optimistic. Either way, I feel pretty indifferent on the matter since I managed to snatch them last year. I think they look pretty with just the blue though.

What if they alternate each year? As in:

1st year - sunset wings

2nd year - blue wings

3rd year - sunset wings

etc.

That may be too complicated though...

My thoughts wandered down a similar path. The other branch in my mental wanderings was if for the "ice Festival" as the story seems to be winding up towards was a related cause to the blue wings, and after this the Solstice dragons will all be their more standard color again, making the blue of this year a special, story related coloration.

I wonder if maybe sunset wings are still possible this year, just unusual like tan Ridgewings and we haven't seen any yet because not many have grown up?

I wasn't going to get any holiday dragons from previous years, but I caved and got four 2G solstices that I reckon I can continue the lineages for. With blue instead of sunset wings I think two of the lineages will look better, one will look a bit off and one looked a bit weird in the first place.

Still I sort of prefer the sunset look, definitely prefer not to have more than two 'looks' in a stairstep lineage and am now nervous about what might change next generation. I don't mind the change overall but it'd have been nice to know ahead of time.

Does this mean Solstices could still be the first no-red Winter Release dragon? :U

I'm liking that the CBs are rainbow and the bred ones are blue. Essentially getting two Winter Release sprites instead of one is new! BUT I'll be more thrilled if it's consistent and all bred ones are blue, 'cos we won't be having random wing colours speckled in long lineages. I might be worried if it's a chance of rainbow or blue, 'cos then we're playing Sprite Roulette. It's only a slight change, though, and barely noticeable on the lineage tiles, so I'll stick with "absolutely thrilled" instead of "mildly concerned".

-stares at several of her Solstices, specifically paired with pinkish dragons because it brings out the sunset tones-

Well, if the blue wings are A Thing and are on every bred Solstice, there go those lineages...

Yeah....

For me, it doesn't affect my lineages since I'll be doing Solstice checkers with all sorts of breeds (similar to http://dragcave.net/lineage/xk92X)... but I really like the reddish hue on the Solstice's wings.

On the bright side of things, it will make for some interesting lineages, now that we can plan for it. And name opportunities, too :3 Got "Shards of a Rainbow" and "Every Rainbow Has an End" for myself.

Agreed with the names. I got "Drowned in the Rain" and "Drowned in Tears"

Oh my goodness. So many people noticed my raffle. I got roughly 27-28 message about it. I am honestly a little sad I cannot offer more. Good luck everyone, only 2 more days~

I love Joy. Such optimism. And I love parties!

^Thank you for doing the raffle!

Edited by dirtytabs

I love Joy. Such optimism. And I love parties!

^Thank you for doing the raffle!

Its nothing really :3

On another note, them bluewinged solstice dragons are pretty. I wish I could have a CB one to breed with Lord Myst and make pretty pretty babies to throw at unsuspecting targets *mwahahahah*