TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

Sif, how many of each level are there? And do you have a link to a CB Soulpeace? I would definitely get that if I was an honorable mention.

Sif, how many of each level are there? And do you have a link to a CB Soulpeace? I would definitely get that if I was an honorable mention.

This boy is related to a CB Soulpeace. I don't think the number of wins per raffle stays the same from year to year, though.

Oh, thank you all for being so helpful.

I look forward to getting my Christmas 2014 dragon, and maybe a prize dragon as well (as is, I'm content with getting a Christmas 2014.

Posts above answer-- the new dragon will drop in all biomes (and be the only dragon dropping) for the 24 hours of Christmas Day. You will only be able to grab 2 of the new's eggs.

The raffle, however, will not provide an egg until Jan/Feb, and those who won that get CB Prize dragons-- Tinsels the first two years, Shimmers the last two, even I don't know what it will be this year. There will be a set number of gold, silver, and bronze prize winners, who will get the associated color of prize dragon egg. There are also honorable mentions, who will get their choice of any non-prize dragon CB egg, except for old pinks and frills, I do believe. This includes CB Hollies (the 2007 xmas dragon) and CB hybrids (soulpeaces, Blunas, hellhorses, etc.) that cannot otherwise be obtained.

So, regardless of what level you win in the raffle, you'll get a chance at something awesome.

Good luck to everyone with the raffle!<3

Thank you so much for this explanation! I was also wondering how it worked since I was gone the last few years. smile.gif In general, how many raffle prizes do there seem to be, among the pool of DC'ers? Is there something like 5 raffle prizes among the 5000 players, or a hundred prizes, etc?

I also want to chime in saying that I absolutely love the artwork on the event page. They are gorgeous renditions of each of the holiday dragons. I hope they are added to the appropriate wiki pages, or linked to from the holiday badge - some way of allowing us to gaze upon them from time to time!

Thank you so much for this explanation! I was also wondering how it worked since I was gone the last few years. smile.gif In general, how many raffle prizes do there seem to be, among the pool of DC'ers? Is there something like 5 raffle prizes among the 5000 players, or a hundred prizes, etc?

I also want to chime in saying that I absolutely love the artwork on the event page. They are gorgeous renditions of each of the holiday dragons. I hope they are added to the appropriate wiki pages, or linked to from the holiday badge - some way of allowing us to gaze upon them from time to time!

Last year a total of 150 prizes were given out, 30 of them being honorable mention. That doesn't necessarily mean the same amount will be given this year.

Edited by KaelaBoo24

Yeah it's really fun, never played a mini-game like it before smile.gif

That's why I'd like it to stay - I'm not sure if a similar game exists to feed the urge to play it! tongue.gif

I've been playing it for years, myself, mostly because I wrote the instructions for the original when we hosted it on MSN Games...

http://zone.msn.com/en/root/deluxe.htm?cod...214140&RefID=25

Looks like the browser-based version is gone now, but you can still buy a download version for Windows-based PC.

I'd ask whether anyone got permission to make a clone of this game (with the same name, even) for Dragon Cave, but something tells me I already know the answer, and it's not "yes". rolleyes.gif

So, some people in this thread have said that they plan on breeding their Christmas dragons on Christmas Day. Considering that this mass-breeding makes walls of certain breeds, won't this ensure that the new Christmas dragon will be blocked by Christmas dragons of past years? Additionally, since everyone will be wanting the new breed, it will be really hard to get them.

2007 Christmas dragons are already near-impossible to get.

On another note, how does a Raffle work?  The descriptions on this forum and on the wiki are not very helpful. Are the Raffle tickets a lottery, and those who win have a 2014 Christmas dragon put on their scrolls?  If  have four eggs already,  and I win the raffle, will the Christmas 2014 egg bump one of the eggs on my scroll to the Abandoned Page, or will it automatically go to the Abandoned Page?  OR does something else happen? (I am sorry if this isn't the thread for this, but no other thread adresses the issue, and this is the thread for the Holiday Event. sad.gif )

Hi, Wokenulape,

Merry Christmas and all that!

You're getting entries in the Raffle by entering your mana until your bar fills completely and you get a notice saying this.

You can get up to 14 entries, if you do this every day from the beginning.

As far as the raffles go, there have been relatively few Prizes compared to the number of players, (65,497 registered members, according to the front page, and that's just on the forums,) so our chances of winning are basically nil and not worth worrying about. unsure.gif

But if we don't set ourselves up for disappointment by getting our hopes up too high, we have lots of fun - and someday get ourselves offspring. smile.gif

And if you do by any long shot win, (and the best of luck to you! smile.gif ) I believe you get a notice and then know to leave a space on your scroll.

Posts above answer-- the new dragon will drop in all biomes (and be the only dragon dropping) for the 24 hours of Christmas Day. You will only be able to grab 2 of the new's eggs.

Three days! Until the 28th, according to the first post.

I'm really excited to see if we have a new prize dragon coming our way this year, even though I'm not much of a collector.

Also so psyched to see what our holiday dragon will look like this year!

Three days! Until the 28th, according to the first post.

It will drop for 24 hours as a solid block of holiday eggs, then for the next few days have normal dragons mixed in, I think, if I'm remembering correctly.

Edited by Lady Artemis

So, some people in this thread have said that they plan on breeding their Christmas dragons on Christmas Day. Considering that this mass-breeding makes walls of certain breeds, won't this ensure that the new Christmas dragon will be blocked by Christmas dragons of past years? Additionally, since everyone will be wanting the new breed, it will be really hard to get them.

2007 Christmas dragons are already near-impossible to get.

On another note, how does a Raffle work? The descriptions on this forum and on the wiki are not very helpful. Are the Raffle tickets a lottery, and those who win have a 2014 Christmas dragon put on their scrolls? If have four eggs already, and I win the raffle, will the Christmas 2014 egg bump one of the eggs on my scroll to the Abandoned Page, or will it automatically go to the Abandoned Page? OR does something else happen? (I am sorry if this isn't the thread for this, but no other thread adresses the issue, and this is the thread for the Holiday Event. sad.gif )

there's no need to worry. The older dragons drop in the AP and the new dragons will appear in the biomes. The Jungle, alpine, volcano, etc. It may be hard to catch them at first because everyone will be hunting for them, but give it a few hours, maybe even a day and you should be able to catch one or two easily after everyone else gets their two. ^^

Also the raffle works much like a lottery. I'm not entirely sure of the details because I've never really paid attention to the them, but from what I can guess is if you win the raffle someone (most likely a mod) will PM you or send you an e-mail with the code or link for your prize dragon that you won. whether you can choose what that dragon is from a list or if it's randomly given to you I have no idea, but I don't think it'll just appear on your scroll and bump off one of your other adorable eggs in the process, so don't worry. (anyone who knows for sure how it works feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) happy.gif

I've been playing it for years, myself, mostly because I wrote the instructions for the original when we hosted it on MSN Games...

Looks like the browser-based version is gone now, but you can still buy a download version for Windows-based PC.

I'd ask whether anyone got permission to make a clone of this game (with the same name, even) for Dragon Cave, but something tells me I already know the answer, and it's not "yes". rolleyes.gif

I guess I owe you a thanks for a hand in making this game! Thanks! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the link to the original version as well! cool.gif

I love the story! Now I'm all worried about the poor Avatar of Change. This is really fun!

Also the raffle works much like a lottery. I'm not entirely sure of the details because I've never really paid attention to the them, but from what I can guess is if you win the raffle someone (most likely a mod) will PM you or send you an e-mail with the code or link for your prize dragon that you won. whether you can choose what that dragon is from a list or if it's randomly given to you I have no idea, but I don't think it'll just appear on your scroll and bump off one of your other adorable eggs in the process, so don't worry. (anyone who knows for sure how it works feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) happy.gif

I can't quite remember what the page looked like, but the egg *does* just appear on your scroll as a fogball, and if you happen to be locked, you don't get it. smile.gif

*looks at her growing dragons, her encyclopedia, and the dragons she still has to breed*

It's going to be tight - but I'm 95% certain I can get all the Dragons I need, and fill out my encyclopedia. All my current eggs will be hatched in roughly 20 hours...Allowing me to breed my Snow Angels and my Hollies [5 eggs total I will be keeping].

These won't be hatched until the new Dragon is launched - then I have to choose:

Keep the remaining two egg slots open for the new egg so I can get one on the Christmas release date

OR

Sacrifice one (or both) of the egg slots for additional Holly/Snow Angel eggs and take non-Christmas release date eggs...

Ah well, no matter what this is all in good fun and has been awesome!

Given the number of Bejeweled clones being sold for actual money, I doubt a free and lightly modified Alchemy clone that's probably not going to stick around after the event would make a blip on the radar.

The raffle, however, will not provide an egg until Jan/Feb, and those who won that get CB Prize dragons-- Tinsels the first two years, Shimmers the last two, even I don't know what it will be this year. There will be a set number of gold, silver, and bronze prize winners, who will get the associated color of prize dragon egg. There are also honorable mentions, who will get their choice of any non-prize dragon CB egg, except for old pinks and frills, I do believe. This includes CB Hollies (the 2007 xmas dragon) and CB hybrids (soulpeaces, Blunas, hellhorses, etc.) that cannot otherwise be obtained.

So, regardless of what level you win in the raffle, you'll get a chance at something awesome.

Good luck to everyone with the raffle!<3

Actually, frills are allowed I think.

I can't quite remember what the page looked like, but the egg *does* just appear on your scroll as a fogball, and if you happen to be locked, you don't get it. smile.gif

Ahh~ Well, it wouldn't hurt to get into a habit of always leaving one egg slot open then.

Given the number of Bejeweled clones being sold for actual money, I doubt a free and lightly modified Alchemy clone that's probably not going to stick around after the event would make a blip on the radar.

laugh.gif Hey, I'm only pointing Alchemy out because somebody specifically asked where they could play Mana Alchemy after the holiday season was over.

Okay, and because DC might have given a wee bit more thought to the name, heh. Yes, there are a zillion Bejeweled clones out there, and that's absolutely fine because you can't copyright a game design mechanic. But if anyone named one of those clones "Mana Bejeweled", there'd be a stabby-stabby, fire-and-brimstone, epically regrettable, lawyer-infested dungstorm, because PopCap/EA has the trademark on the name as related to the game design mechanic, and they're not shy about protecting it.

At the moment, Mana Alchemy is indeed flying under the radar, but the use of a trademarked name is worrisome: if anyone from the development house or publisher happens to see it here, they would have grounds for legal action. Moreover, they would feel compelled to pursue it, because of the weird way U.S. trademark law works: thanks to precedent, if a company is aware of a challenge to one of their properties and does not take action, their own claim to the brand is legally weakened. This applies equally to games, movies, book series, and so on. It's why Disney is such a legal arse-auger to anyone who tries to animate a mouse, why Paramount throws a wobbler every few years and clamps down on Star Trek fanfic, and why when Microsoft tried to release a game called Mythica, the sharksuits at Mythic Entertainment delivered a cease-and-desist with extreme prejudice.

Just saying. smile.gif

Edited by Evilminion

I thought Bejeweled was the game where you swapped pieces to make 3s and such, its not that close to this game. Anywho I doubt there will be problems since its not called Bejeweled flat out

I thought Bejeweled was the game where you swapped pieces to make 3s and such, its not that close to this game. Anywho I doubt there will be problems since its not called Bejeweled flat out

They were just using that as example; the game they were comparing to DC's is Alchemy

Oh. Well ok then xd.png I don't think there will be an issue either way. The game probably won't be around after the holidays so even if they made a fuss it wouldn't be around for there be a problem anymore.

The image and global bar look so awesome, very trendy! :3 Can't wait to see it when it's filled! biggrin.gif

Yeah, the latest chapter is pretty awesome too. Looking forward to seeing whose really behind the winter. happy.gif

I just need five more eggs, 2 of which I can breed myself. after that, I may have a couple of spaces for myself.

Hopefully one of them is a Solstice from Silver on Dec 25th. . .

The cause of the storm was probably actually misfit pygmies trying to skip school through PERMANENT SNOWDAYS... except then they froze to death. Oops!