TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

Question... Are their no more holiday eggies being bred, seems like there were none in the AP, of late.

I've only bred 3 of my past holidays, most will be bred on Christmas day.

The only past Christmas dragons I have bred so far are ones that I bred for my own lineages or requests/trades for other people. Any that haven't bred by then will probably be bred on Christmas day.

Oh yeah, plenty more eggs will come. I've seen plenty of people mention on the forums that they're planning to breed on Christmas. Also, just today, I had most of my first batch hatch, and I managed to snag two more holiday eggs in AP with relatively minimal effort. So they're still dropping. It's just not as big a flood as Halloween because Halloween CBs are unlimited so people can breed more of them by consequence. At best everyone only has two CB Christmases for each type, though, which naturally limits the number of Christmases bred, which in turn limits the number of higher-gen Christmases bred... et cetera. Just keep an eye out - I even saw a couple Hollies go by though I didn't get them. (Not that I've had bad luck with the Hollies - got one from the lovely Raindear, caught another, and traded for another two. Still hoping to get more, but we'll see!)

And yeah, the story gets more and more interesting. So apparently someone stole the Changeling's scale to use in doing the spell, it looks like. I can't imagine the new Christmas dragon would -do- this type of thing, but maybe. I think more likely the new Christmas dragon will save us in the end or something.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I love this story!

Just enough humor, and it's wonderful the way so many dragon traits are incorporated, and they mention things like the "stately old Holly dragon", given that it was the first, it should be old!

I can't imagine what comes next!

Nice epilogue.

“He’s missing a scale!”

"So the legend is true, the Black Arrow found its..." Ahem. No. Wrong story, I suppose.

Oh yeah, plenty more eggs will come. I've seen plenty of people mention on the forums that they're planning to breed on Christmas. Also, just today, I had most of my first batch hatch, and I managed to snag two more holiday eggs in AP with relatively minimal effort. So they're still dropping. It's just not as big a flood as Halloween because Halloween CBs are unlimited so people can breed more of them by consequence. At best everyone only has two CB Christmases for each type, though, which naturally limits the number of Christmases bred, which in turn limits the number of higher-gen Christmases bred... et cetera. Just keep an eye out - I even saw a couple Hollies go by though I didn't get them. (Not that I've had bad luck with the Hollies - got one from the lovely Raindear, caught another, and traded for another two. Still hoping to get more, but we'll see!)

And yeah, the story gets more and more interesting. So apparently someone stole the Changeling's scale to use in doing the spell, it looks like. I can't imagine the new Christmas dragon would -do- this type of thing, but maybe. I think more likely the new Christmas dragon will save us in the end or something.

Yeah, that makes sense... maybe destruction stole the Changeling's scale to use in its evil spell making?

ALSO... I can't WAIT to see what the new Christmas dragon looks like as I have a feeling that you may be right about it saving the day.

I have bred very few of my holiday dragons. There will no doubt be a bunch of them tomorrow and Thursday biggrin.gif

If the Avatar of Change didn't cause the blizzard, what did? The scale that was stolen from him must have been misused.

Hurry up and hatch eggs. *pokes them* I want to go Holly and Solstice hunting!

Nice epilogue.

"So the legend is true, the Black Arrow found its..." Ahem. No. Wrong story, I suppose.

XDDDDDDDD

No, no no.... Smaug would be an avatar of DESTRUCTION! xd.png (In fact, that is the name of my own AoD).

Edited by Silverswift

Nice epilogue.

That. Was. Perfect. xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

biggrin.gif A wonderful name for him Silverswift.

Come on eggs! Hatch faster. *Shakes eggs in the hope the hatchlings will fall out through the holes.*

Edit: It worked! *The Ribbon Dancer hatchling is annoyed at being shaken out of it's egg and nips Cireth.*

OW! But it worked. smile.gif

Holly hunting time. biggrin.gif

Edited by Cireth

Caught a Solstice with a Sweetling Alt dad! biggrin.gif

I'll never find a mate for it but that's okay because it's so awesome! biggrin.gif

Now come to me Hollies. Here holly, holly, holly! biggrin.gif

Edited by Cireth

Ooohhh, now the story gets underway !

That is a wonderful mood of writing - just the right mix of drama, humour, very well chosen words and lighthearted statements ! I love it !

Next speculation: Maybe the new dragon will be the result of breaking the spell ? The magical power of that strange blizzard coalescing into a new breed of dragon ?

Does "coalesce" have an -ing form ? Sounds quite bizarre for a non-native speaker, but I guess you know what I mean.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Next speculation: Maybe the new dragon will be the result of breaking the spell ? The magical power of that strange blizzard coalescing into a new breed of dragon ?

Does "coalesce" have an -ing form ? Sounds quite bizarre for a non-native speaker, but I guess you know what I mean.

Yes it does, and you have it correct smile.gif

*signed: resident pedant* xd.png

Why is water mana pink? o o

Mana is fairly iridescent (though moreso in liquid form).

Liquid water mana is blue, with a coral color on the edges. Solid water mana takes on the coral color, but you can see hints of the blue around the highlights.

Are Hollys popular or something? I've been trying to catch a second one for my collection and I cannot for the life of me get one o.o

Are Hollys popular or something? I've been trying to catch a second one for my collection and I cannot for the life of me get one o.o

Well they were the first ever christmas dragon so yes o.o

So time to give up on getting a second one then, huh. That's okay, I might see if, with everyone haunting AP, I can grab some of the rarer CB only dragons xd.png