TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

Holly's used to be very rare, you'd be lucky to even seen one in the ap at all because the way breeding worked, people would trade out the codes before the eggs ever got there. Now that Holly's also get distributed in the lottery their numbers have gone way up. And people can't trade that way anymore as we have teleport.

I've bred all my Christmas dragons now, I like to be done before Christmas. Though I wasn't going to do many lineages and I caught some that are to pretty not too >.<

I do have one bred egg left that I'll probably try to trade for one of two other breeds/crossings. (Solid gold wing x Frill) but I'm still pondering. I caught a second gen Yule x Balloon that is very cute and I'd like to see Gold Wing x Fever Wyvern.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more royal crimson x ribbon dancer etc. It's just a nice strong red that I think it looks nicer with them than the pyralspites (which are a little orangier) I like those better with Halloweens.

Caught a Solstice with a Sweetling Alt dad! biggrin.gif

I'll never find a mate for it but that's okay because it's so awesome! biggrin.gif

Now come to me Hollies. Here holly, holly, holly! biggrin.gif

It's possible. (lots of things are if you ask nicely)

I got a 2nd gen Solstice with a White Striped parent that I thought was pretty cool, and next year I'll definitely be able to continue the lineage so I'm happy about that. Got a nice Yulebuck too though I'm not too sure how I would work that lineage out.

Edited by dragontamer44722

I still have a bunch to breed, but I'm locked. No point in breeding if I want to be able to keep some of the ones I breed. I suspect there are others in the same predicament.

Plus, some of us miscalculated and have to wait for their dragons to come off cooldown later in the week (my spriter alt-related Snow Angel and the GoN I was going to breed with my Solstice fell victim to this, although the latter will wait until I'm no longer egglocked as well).

Any word if Mana Alchemy will be playable after the holiday season ends?

Man I really hope so!  smile.gif

No idea, but I also hope it will stay with us - it's not really Christmas-related, and I like it smile.gif

Edited by Ha-Ki

No idea, but I also hope it will stay with us - it's not really Christmas-related, and I like it smile.gif

Same here. As a minigame, it's a blast, even if it has no real point after the holiday event. I'd still like to be able to play after Christmas. alot.png

Holly's used to be very rare, you'd be lucky to even seen one in the ap at all because the way breeding worked, people would trade out the codes before the eggs ever got there. Now that Holly's also get distributed in the lottery their numbers have gone way up. And people can't trade that way anymore as we have teleport.

I've bred all my Christmas dragons now, I like to be done before Christmas. Though I wasn't going to do many lineages and I caught some that are to pretty not too >.<

I do have one bred egg left that I'll probably try to trade for one of two other breeds/crossings. (Solid gold wing x Frill) but I'm still pondering. I caught a second gen Yule x Balloon that is very cute and I'd like to see Gold Wing x Fever Wyvern.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more royal crimson x ribbon dancer etc. It's just a nice strong red that I think it looks nicer with them than the pyralspites (which are a little orangier) I like those better with Halloweens.

I just picked up a 3rd gen Ribbon x Royal Crimson so they are out there. Not too sure if I'll keep it since I'd like to get another Solstice and maybe another Angel. (if anyone wants it let me know and they can have it xd.png)

I'm kinda anxious for this year's Christmas egg to drop. Unfortunately, I'll be travelling...

I hope it does, its really fun to play! biggrin.gif

I adored the epilogue for Chapter 4. The Avatar's reaction was so funny and cute. It reminds me of how I felt this morning. lol, I didn't want to get out of bed either. laugh.gif

Question... Are their no more holiday eggies being bred, seems like there were none in the AP, of late.

I still have a few left to breed, but I was waiting for Christmas eve or Christmas day to breed them, including my only adult Holly. I bet a few others are doing the same. smile.gif

Edited by Syiren

Omg this story! That last line on today's epilogue, ooohhh. Can't wait to read tomorrow's!

I am sooooooo happy I have been wanting a Holy since I joined the Cave, and now I have two of them I also got my Wrapping wings and Solstice dragons, such a good hunt!

I am really loving the story!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm really loving this story... Also I love how we have a few extra days to get the new released dragon. smile.gif

There are always a couple extra days, at least recently. smile.gif

Yay my cave is finally getting full of holiday dragons after missing them every year since 2009!

Same here. As a minigame, it's a blast, even if it has no real point after the holiday event. I'd still like to be able to play after Christmas. alot.png

Yeah it's really fun, never played a mini-game like it before smile.gif

That's why I'd like it to stay - I'm not sure if a similar game exists to feed the urge to play it! tongue.gif

There are always a couple extra days, at least recently. smile.gif

Yay my cave is finally getting full of holiday dragons after missing them every year since 2009!

I know what you mean! I missed 2012 and 2013 dragons, and now I have my eggs and my hollies too!

I've caught 30 Hollies since the event started and not one of them has been a 2nd gen. x_x I'm so determined to get one but at the same time I just want to give up. xd.png The struggle is real.

If you're having trouble catching any Hollies, there are tons being given away at the Departure Board.

So, some people in this thread have said that they plan on breeding their Christmas dragons on Christmas Day. Considering that this mass-breeding makes walls of certain breeds, won't this ensure that the new Christmas dragon will be blocked by Christmas dragons of past years? Additionally, since everyone will be wanting the new breed, it will be really hard to get them.

2007 Christmas dragons are already near-impossible to get.

On another note, how does a Raffle work? The descriptions on this forum and on the wiki are not very helpful. Are the Raffle tickets a lottery, and those who win have a 2014 Christmas dragon put on their scrolls? If have four eggs already, and I win the raffle, will the Christmas 2014 egg bump one of the eggs on my scroll to the Abandoned Page, or will it automatically go to the Abandoned Page? OR does something else happen? (I am sorry if this isn't the thread for this, but no other thread adresses the issue, and this is the thread for the Holiday Event. sad.gif )

So, some people in this thread have said that they plan on breeding their Christmas dragons on Christmas Day. Considering that this mass-breeding makes walls of certain breeds, won't this ensure that the new Christmas dragon will be blocked by Christmas dragons of past years? Additionally, since everyone will be wanting the new breed, it will be really hard to get them.

On another note, how does a Raffle work?  The descriptions on this forum and on the wiki are not very helpful. Are the Raffle tickets a lottery, and those who win have a 2014 Christmas dragon put on their scrolls?  If  have four eggs already,  and I win the raffle, will the Christmas 2014 egg bump one of the eggs on my scroll to the Abandoned Page, or will it automatically go to the Abandoned Page?  OR does something else happen? (I am sorry if this isn't the thread for this, but no other thread adresses the issue, and this is the thread for the Holiday Event. sad.gif )

The new dragons drop in the biomes, the old ones in the AP smile.gif

Edited by AquaBlueRain

The new dragons drop in the biomes, the old ones in the AP smile.gif

This. AND while way back when, in the old days, walls in the AP COULD block off the main cave, that is no longer the case.

So no worries. Old Christmases being bred should have ZERO effect on New Christmases dropping in the cave.

It is true that everyone will be trying to grab them. There WILL be competition for them, but it should be doable.

Edited by Silverswift

Is any one else having ultimate luck in the cave? I was just browsing the cave since I had two extra slots open, and. I found a Paper and a CB ice! I was so surprised, since I barely get anything lucky, except for that one CB Golden Wyvern. This event is a blast! I so hope I win!

And my brother just got a Dino!

Edited by saphirabjartskular

On another note, how does a Raffle work? The descriptions on this forum and on the wiki are not very helpful. Are the Raffle tickets a lottery, and those who win have a 2014 Christmas dragon put on their scrolls? If have four eggs already, and I win the raffle, will the Christmas 2014 egg bump one of the eggs on my scroll to the Abandoned Page, or will it automatically go to the Abandoned Page? OR does something else happen? (I am sorry if this isn't the thread for this, but no other thread adresses the issue, and this is the thread for the Holiday Event. sad.gif )

Posts above answer-- the new dragon will drop in all biomes (and be the only dragon dropping) for the 24 hours of Christmas Day. You will only be able to grab 2 of the new's eggs.

The raffle, however, will not provide an egg until Jan/Feb, and those who won that get CB Prize dragons-- Tinsels the first two years, Shimmers the last two, even I don't know what it will be this year. There will be a set number of gold, silver, and bronze prize winners, who will get the associated color of prize dragon egg. There are also honorable mentions, who will get their choice of any non-prize dragon CB egg, except for old pinks and frills, I do believe. This includes CB Hollies (the 2007 xmas dragon) and CB hybrids (soulpeaces, Blunas, hellhorses, etc.) that cannot otherwise be obtained.

So, regardless of what level you win in the raffle, you'll get a chance at something awesome.

Good luck to everyone with the raffle!<3

I always enjoy Dragon Cave's events and this one is no exception. Thank you kindly for a wonderful story and interaction to affect the story!