TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

....So, did not think I'd be good at that alchemy game. However, every time I have played, I have won. And always submitted 81 mana. Is that a good thing? Or at least that's what it says.

I've only had to play once a day. The only exception to that is the first day, when I navigated away from the page on accident and had to start over (but I had not done much so lol)

Of course it's a good thing! At first I had no idea what I was doing either, but the more I played just for fun, the more I got the hang of this game. And I like it! biggrin.gif

Well, for some changes you need to destroy the previous order of things first.

The blizzard may seem like an evil deed, but maybe it is just something that is necessary to bring about something new, something good for all of Galsreim (or even Valkemare). The Avatar of Change may merely have set things in motion, trusting that the human-dragon-community and their cooperation will turn it into the positive result that it might bring. And if they don't, well, if you never risk anything, there can be no change.

So I'd say it is still possible that the Avatar of Change caused the blizzard on purpose, knowing how strong it would be, without having any evil motives.

(And if the humans and dragons don't succeed in bringing about the good result, well, an ice age is a change as well.) wink.gif

Agree completely with this interpretation. I dunno if it's actually what the staff wrote but it's definitely plausible. I'm not sure why people would assume any of the Avatars are 'nice' or 'good' inherently anyhow - even Creation can be very awful when it gets unbalanced. For example cancer is nothing more than unrestrained growth by bodily cells, and kudzu is another example of unrestrained creation becoming destructive through sheer excess. Since the whole point of the Avatars is to be a physical manifestation of their respective reality-aspects, it'd only make sense that they'd run wild from time to time, since the only thing checking each others' power is... each other, and their GoN parents.

I actually really like the avatar of Change. No matter what it does.

Agree completely with this interpretation. I dunno if it's actually what the staff wrote but it's definitely plausible. I'm not sure why people would assume any of the Avatars are 'nice' or 'good' inherently anyhow - even Creation can be very awful when it gets unbalanced. For example cancer is nothing more than unrestrained growth by bodily cells, and kudzu is another example of unrestrained creation becoming destructive through sheer excess. Since the whole point of the Avatars is to be a physical manifestation of their respective reality-aspects, it'd only make sense that they'd run wild from time to time, since the only thing checking each others' power is... each other, and their GoN parents.

Actually, You make an excellent point, here.

You DID sort of get the idea that the three kinds of avatars were supposed to kep eachother in balance.

What a plot twist, man! blink.gif Why would the Avatar of Change cause a blizzard? blink.gif

Maybe it's called Avatar of Change because it's mood also changes. xd.png

the avatar of bipolar..xd.png

-removed, don't use this thread for gifting/trading- Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks for this awesome event TJ. smile.gif I love the mana game and I hope we can have it all year round. Pretty please with chocolate coated cherries on top.

As for the story it's great. smile.gif

Those naughty Changlings. I've already warned mine that they had better not be involved... Or else no candy canes for them. They promise they've been good.

And here I bred one of my Solstice dragons to an Avatar of Change...

"Did you do this?"

*Dragon shakes his head no*

"Alright then."

Anyhow - can't wait to see where the story goes...

Edited by ShorahNagi

Thanks for this awesome event TJ. smile.gif I love the mana game and I hope we can have it all year round. Pretty please with chocolate coated cherries on top.

As for the story it's great. smile.gif

Those naughty Changlings. I've already warned mine that they had better not be involved... Or else no candy canes for them. They promise they've been good.

xd.png Yeah, and no holiday chocolate for any of my three Changlings if they are involved with this blizzard conjuring... and nothing but COAL in their stockings for Christmas.

Mine INSIST they have been good dragons and have NOTHING to do with this...

Not entirely sure if I believe them or not. wink.gif

Edited by Silverswift

xd.png Yeah, and no chocolate for any of my three Changlings if they are involved with this blizzard conjuring... and nothing but COAL in their stockings for Christmas.

Mine INSIST they havve been good dragons and have NOTHING to do with this...

Not entirely sure if I believe them or not. wink.gif

Yep. smile.gif

They promise they've been good though and I can tell when they're lying.

(Not really. Just hoping they'll fess up, if any are involved, if I say that.)

Edited by Cireth

-removed, don't use this thread for gifting/trading-

Oh sorry Ruby. Didn't realise Gifting wasn't allowed here. Where can I post my offer?

Edited by Cireth

Yeah... I dunno.

I always thought that the Changes were more mischievous than destructive... maybe they underestimated their own power?

That's true. I guess I just assumed because the Christmas spirits seemed angry that it was caused by an Avatar. And in the 3rd chapter it said that they were disgusted by the discovery.

I think the event collaborators have really outdone themselves in the creative department this year. The story alone is really great.

I love how the water crystals are pink, and the neutral ones are blue. Lol

What element are the rainbow-colored ones I keep seeing?

Lol, change can be good, bad or indifferent, be good for some and not others, or good or bad depending on timing...

Perhaps the Avatar of Change is instead of a neutral 'in between good and evil' sort of contrast dragon which would have been boring?

Although I'll have to admit that I did think of the Avatar of Change as being more on the side of the angels, so to speak, based on its appearance, lol.

This is certainly making for a good story, at any rate!

I never got one, so I don't know o_O. Something change related?

Also, I just found a way of playing the Alchemy game forever. I arranged the tiles in a way that I have three rows (one for each element) that are not touching each other, and I simply keep making them disappear and build them up again. It's getting kind of boring lol

I want my hatchlings to hatch already!!! dry.gif They all are close but no cigar just yet, maybe by morning they will be. I've decided to make it a point to go after hollies and give them to people without one, spread the "holly"day cheer....get it? Ok I'll go hide now xd.png

If only I had a higher trophy! Then I could collect some more holiday eggs. But I'm going to have to resort to incubating and getting them hatched as fast as possible. sad.gif

I'm loving the story and especially the art. Gotta say that I especially enjoyed today's entry because it included both Neotropicals and Snow Angels, which is a checker lineage I'm working on. laugh.gif But seriously, great job so far to the writers and artists.

This page on the wiki has pictures of all of the crystals if you're curious. smile.gif

Edited by Vixonstar

This page on the wiki has pictures of all of the crystals if you're curious. smile.gif

Ah~ Thank you. That is a big help. the crystal I was wondering about was the Crystal of light. happy.gif