TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Wall of nocturnes. Most of them have messy lineages.

Yeah, I usually love looking through walls at all the interesting lineages for keepers but this one is just... messy and frustrating.

I still can't fathom why people do this. I bred all my prettiest checkers for an event yesterday and it was godawful boring and time consuming. Why do this with messies? Just to see a wall and get a rush for a few seconds while everyone else is inconvenienced? What is the appeal? :/

Maybe they are trying to get something more precious from a Nocturne for a lineage of theirs? Like, ratios and such ...

Maybe they are trying to get something more precious from a Nocturne for a lineage of theirs? Like, ratios and such ...

I sometimes do this with my Red-Finned Tidals (expect some soon, actually) because I am STILL trying to get a 2G Shimmer from one - but at least they're all 2G or nice EGs. :s

Well, at least they cannot be blamed for keeping people hatchie-locked if nobody wants these xd.png

Granted, I'd have apreciated this wall more if Nocturnes had been part of this month's Common Collector's Competition! But I did find a few 2nd gens in it.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@Amazon_warrior: Well I only have five of them but I can breed mine too. Bit of a drop in the bucket though.

Yeah it's a nice idea in theory, as I thought so myself, however I can already say it gets annoying when you see an egg wall lliterally everyday now. Maybe the massbreeds should be more spaced out, like, one breed each week...?

Maybe the massbreeds should be more spaced out, like, one breed each week...?

The single-breed-by-single-person massbreeds? Actually, I think they should all happen on the same day so that there's a bunch of breeds to choose from xd.png

@Wiz - it all helps!

Once I've managed to shift one or two more people off LC's list, maybe I ought to copy Vhale and do a common breeding raffle with a 2G Shimmer prize. Could breed some nice 3Gs as runner-up prizes too. Those always promoted a pretty diverse AP.

@Wiz - it all helps!

Done! Also now locked with dead eggs because my Vamps hate me.

Yeah it's a nice idea in theory, as I thought so myself, however I can already say it gets annoying when you see an egg wall lliterally everyday now. Maybe the massbreeds should be more spaced out, like, one breed each week...?

Or not at all? It's getting to the point where I don't even want to bother with the AP. I wish there was some mechanism that would boot eggs to the wilderness if their breed is overrepresented on the AP, because ANY breed becomes undesirable when there are several dozen of them preventing you from seeing anything else.

I wish there was some mechanism that would boot eggs to the wilderness if their breed is overrepresented on the AP, because ANY breed becomes undesirable when there are several dozen of them preventing you from seeing anything else.

Heck NO! How would some automatism decide which eggs are undesirable or not? I actually picked some eggs from the Nocturne wall today. It's not only about breed, it's also about lineage - and that is a rather subjective thing for judging desirability.

Or not at all? It's getting to the point where I don't even want to bother with the AP. I wish there was some mechanism that would boot eggs to the wilderness if their breed is overrepresented on the AP, because ANY breed becomes undesirable when there are several dozen of them preventing you from seeing anything else.

I'd rather see people take constructive steps toward wall-busting, rather than implement some automatic thing. Like organize a group to grab eggs from walls, hatch them, and throw them back. Start a thread, get people to sign up. Give 'em a pretty signature badge for being part of the wall busting team. Make it a fun game.

I'd rather see people take constructive steps toward wall-busting, rather than implement some automatic thing. Like organize a group to grab eggs from walls, hatch them, and throw them back. Start a thread, get people to sign up. Give 'em a pretty signature badge for being part of the wall busting team. Make it a fun game.

I'm sure there used to be a thread a bit like that. The Evil Project, I think?

I actually like the walls. Especially the mint ones, since I always need more mints.

Yup, this is it. "Letting unwanted eggs be more desirable because they're already hatchies.

Instead of killing, which wastes the breeder's effort, your kill slot, AND enables them to breed more in the next wave. Keeping hatchies, however, even when frozen, is a win-win situation both for people who hate the walls by helping the egg wall dwindle /and/ makes sure that the breeder's effort doesn't go to waste (and, as a side-effect, disables them from creating similarly-sized walls in the future).

---

I massbred some commons.

Also, is there any chance anyone could massbreed their fire gems? It's been real hard to get any other breeds out of it (maybe because it's a new breed? =/ )

That's the one! Maybe it needs re-starting.

I could breed my Firegems, I've just about reached my scroll goals of 16 adults of each colour. If I pair 'em with Celestials, hopefully they'll throw some multi-clutches. smile.gif

[

Also, is there any chance anyone could massbreed their fire gems? It's been real hard to get any other breeds out of it (maybe because it's a new breed? =/ ) [/color]

Bred all my fire gems. 15 out of 16 produced babies. Not exactly a massbreed. But I hope it helps. Tossed a few in the departure thread. The rest have gone to the AP.

Bred my 16 blues (before the hour change) and 15 16 reds (after the hour change), all with Celestials. Got 35 blue Firegems and 31 35 red Firegems - and zero (zilch, none, nada) Celestial eggs! Will try the greens in an hour if I'm still awake.

ETA: Remembered I had a CB red Firegem with a name code - he bred four more eggs with a name code Celestial. tongue.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Yup, this is it. "Letting unwanted eggs be more desirable because they're already hatchies.

Instead of killing, which wastes the breeder's effort, your kill slot, AND enables them to breed more in the next wave. Keeping hatchies, however, even when frozen, is a win-win situation both for people who hate the walls by helping the egg wall dwindle /and/ makes sure that the breeder's effort doesn't go to waste (and, as a side-effect, disables them from creating similarly-sized walls in the future).

Omg yes. Almost all my reds ran out with this incuhatchable wall...

Do you think it'd help if we had a specific mass breed announcement thread, where in particular, it'd encourage people to announce their single breed mass breeds so users interested in breaking up the wall could breed some different dragons at the same time?

It relies on users to announce their mass breeds and on users to be online at the right time so we can balance things out. So probably not. =x Just brainstorming.

I guess it also depends on why (some) users don't announce. Are they not a part of the forum? Do they not want to face potential negatively if they post? Do they not think to announce? Do they not really care about single breed walls or do they like single breed walls?

/me points at the AP which is currently shifting from Red over Orange towards yellow... enjoy the rainbow

Bred my 16 blues (before the hour change) and 15 16 reds (after the hour change), all with Celestials. Got 35 blue Firegems and 31 35 red Firegems - and zero (zilch, none, nada) Celestial eggs! Will try the greens in an hour if I'm still awake.

ETA: Remembered I had a CB red Firegem with a name code - he bred four more eggs with a name code Celestial. tongue.gif

Bred 16 green Firegems with Celestials, got 34 Firegem eggs. (And no Celestials at all.)

Well, if anyone needs some more teleports, now is your chance. P: I grabbed two nicely coded ones from the wall. I'm not sure if I'll keep them, but I'm going to hold them for a bit, at least. I know I have a few other PB Magis from Herk, so I need to see if they're unrelated or not.

Waiting for my small batch of mixed holiday kin to hit - starting to reach 4d 19h.

Do you think it'd help if we had a specific mass breed announcement thread, where in particular, it'd encourage people to announce their single breed mass breeds so users interested in breaking up the wall could breed some different dragons at the same time?

It relies on users to announce their mass breeds and on users to be online at the right time so we can balance things out. So probably not. =x Just brainstorming.

I guess it also depends on why (some) users don't announce. Are they not a part of the forum? Do they not want to face potential negatively if they post? Do they not think to announce? Do they not really care about single breed walls or do they like single breed walls?

But Sock :c I never said anything about any public announcement, just... a bit of balance to consider...? d: Nobody has to reveal themselves if they don't want to, they can remain silent on the forums if they visit it, or hide their scroll. Nobody has to accomodate if they don't like the suggestion, it's their dragons after all.<3

Sure there's a chance the people who recently mass-bred are not the part of the community, but I have a strange feeling they actually have read this thread. I don't know, instinct I guess.