TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

But Sock :c I never said anything about any public announcement, just... a bit of balance to consider...? d: Nobody has to reveal themselves if they don't want to, they can remain silent on the forums if they visit it, or hide their scroll. Nobody has to accomodate if they don't like the suggestion, it's their dragons after all.<3

Sure there's a chance the people who recently mass-bred are not the part of the community, but I have a strange feeling they actually have read this thread. I don't know, instinct I guess.

It's not a shame list or anything. It's a "I'm breeding tons of teimarrs starting now and probably for another hour if anybody wants to join in with a different breed" announcement to create balance.

Like, I saw 42's mint announcement, but I missed it by half a day or I would have done some random breeding so there were some random cracks in the mint wall so people had more choices for hunting. Nothing wrong with mass breeding a single breed, but since not many people enjoy hunting through those, it's just more fun if multiple people do different single breed mass breeds. =p

what i want to know is how come nobody ever puts hatchlings in the abandoned pile? dry.gif

Oh they ARE there just very few of them - and they get snagged up lightning fast wink.gif

I didn't even know that you could put hatchlings there.

Sure, they have an "Abandon" action as well.

Yup, this is it. "Letting unwanted eggs be more desirable because they're already hatchies.

Instead of killing, which wastes the breeder's effort, your kill slot, AND enables them to breed more in the next wave. Keeping hatchies, however, even when frozen, is a win-win situation both for people who hate the walls by helping the egg wall dwindle /and/ makes sure that the breeder's effort doesn't go to waste (and, as a side-effect, disables them from creating similarly-sized walls in the future).

---

I massbred some commons.

Also, is there any chance anyone could massbreed their fire gems? It's been real hard to get any other breeds out of it (maybe because it's a new breed? =/ )

you know i think it would be cool to have a hatching project so people take the unwanted abundant eggs the put them back when the eggs hatch. people would rather have hatchlings than eggs

i know i do! biggrin.gif

Oh they ARE there just very few of them - and they get snagged up lightning fast wink.gif

i know there are i got dragcave.net/view/ykQio PLEASE_READ_THE_RULES_BEFORE_ATTEMPTING_TO_POST_YOUR_EGGS

From the abandoned pile. i just think there should be more

~Eggspam Removed~

Edited by _Z_

It's easier to hatch and release when the AP is below 4 days. Otherwise you can quickly run out of incubates. On the plus side the AP is awful close to that now so if it goes down just a little more we could all play biggrin.gif

i know there are i got dragcave.net/view/ykQio PLEASE_READ_THE_RULES_BEFORE_ATTEMPTING_TO_POST_YOUR_EGGS

From the abandoned pile. i just think there should be more

~Eggspam Removed~

The thing is, a lot of us are like you - the more quick an easy a dragon is to raise, the more desireable. If I can grab a hatchling out of the AP, I'm most likely going to do it and keep it, unless I'm really locked and on the hunt for something specific. So for there to be more hatchlings, more people have to not want a hatchling with two days or less left until it grows up. Since we're all here to raise dragons, that's not too common an experience. ;3

Add to that, the fact that we can hold many more hatchies than eggs and that people tend to get attached to things that have spent any length of time on their scroll and... most people don't give up hatchies easily! (Although they often drop them if they're alt-fails - I've made a bit of a hobby out of collecting alt-fail hatchies from the AP.)

I'm happy about the wall of mints but sad that I'm hatchie locked and could only grab one.

I grabbed mints till I was locked, and when they're hatched I'll put them back. So watch for four bebbe mints in a little while.

Last night, the AP was literally at 3 days 23 hours. We should keep it that way! Hopefully there will be another Mass-Breed hitting soon because the time is already starting to go up.

That low-time AP is awesome, I got some goodies from it. This morning I saw a *CB* Xenowyrm hatchling in the AP and clicked it, knowing it would already be gone, but somehow I got it!

Loving the low-time AP! biggrin.gif Though I'll soon be locked on hatchlings, as these are so quick to hatch!

By the look of it, a Brute wall is incoming!

I just bred all my CB green-colored dragons for Earth Day! Except the Fire Gems, I'm waiting for 2:00.

I bred my PB EG Tidals and got 98 eggs.

(Not all at the same time though, I started ~20 hours ago and did the last batch 2 hours ago, so they probably won't make a wall.)

Bred all my Reds around the 14/2 o'clock hour ( about 15 minutes each side). There should be about 70 reds hitting and a couple of Aeon/Reds & Aeon Xenos

You can never have too many Reds!

Edited by Barb_

I think that's my Cassies currently in the AP. They're all PB EGs, I'm careful to avoid inbreeding.

Anyone likes EG Royal Blues...