TJ09

ANSWERED:Time-based egg slot

I support this; it took me years to get my first trophy,

When I joined I didn't have reliable computer access (was only allowed on for an hour each day haha, and I also spent that time on the forums and good old DeviantArt). I was also in 9th grade/14yo, so had to focus on school and chores a lot. Plus we lived in a semi-rural location and my parents were camping freaks, so I spent most of my free time outside.

Then senior high came along with the datamonster so I quit for a while. Then we moved and I started college and I either had no internet or time to use it for another year, so by the time I gained my gold trophy I'd been playing on and off for literally YEARS. Like, three of them or something.

I probably only got my gold trophy in the last two years, and I joined the site about a year before I joined the forums, so yea. Long time with only a few egg slots. I remember when the 5th was bred egg only... We should bring that back! It would help with accidentally auto abandoning...

Edited by celesteon

This is a suggestion that aids and suits nearly all playstyles, except (edit: for that of) those who like to place sterner limitations on themselves than the rest of us do.

I hope TJ is seriously considering this, and hasn't let the thought pass by...

Edited by Syphoneira

Lol, I suspect that most of us are - I'm just hoping that TJ is still - and much further into - the 'for' section regarding his own delightful Suggestion...

This would make life much easier for those who breed a lot, not to mention ultimately having even pairings from New Releases and especially on Halloween!

Edit: I'm afraid that too many people may be regarding this as a done deal they simply need to wait for, what with it having been TJ's own Suggestion, but without obvious interest being displayed, this 'passing thought' may simply pass away and our hopes perish with it. sad.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Oh, we don't have this yet? Why not? Bring it on. I could raise 50 dragons on my scroll at one time. What's 8? I wish the only egg limits on our scrolls were our own based on what we know we could handle. (I'm not talking about holiday egg limits, I'm talking commons, uncommons, etc)

I'm afraid that too many people may be regarding this as a done deal they simply need to wait for, what with it having been TJ's own Suggestion, but without obvious interest being displayed, this 'passing thought' may simply pass away and our hopes perish with it.  sad.gif

I don't know why TJ felt the need to ask us anything about this. He should just raise the limits and be done with it.

Edited by MedievalMystic

+1. Also +1 for the idea of adding 3 overall slots with the extra egg slot. 8/24 ftw.

I'm all for this, it's sounds reasonable and it pleases the particular side of me with it being an even number.

And yeah it's totally possible to not get gold within a year, I'm still working on the gold trophy and the trophies have been out for how long now?

Oh, we don't have this yet? Why not? Bring it on. I could raise 50 dragons on my scroll at one time. What's 8? I wish the only egg limits on our scrolls were our own based on what we know we could handle. (I'm not talking about holiday egg limits, I'm talking commons, uncommons, etc)

I don't know why TJ felt the need to ask us anything about this. He should just raise the limits and be done with it.

Well if we go severely overboard with the limits, the efficiency of putting our eggs and hatchlings to automated fansites would decrease just as dramatically due to the sheer amount of stuff being put through them.

That said, a small increase by 1/3 slots shouldn't cause that kind of problem, at least not on a notable scale.

Yes, please.

Edit: I think I actually took a bit before I got gold, mostly because I was taking breaks here and there lol

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Well, you need to play in a hoarding style in order to get the gold trophy quickly, no kidding. All I was saying is that it is possible.

Huge support.

1) more egg slots smile.gif

2) A reward for long term play OR returning to the game, both are excellent for the site in general

3) Would solve collector's issues of getting uneven genders during releases

Honestly, I don't see a reason not to do this.

I still like that idea, though I must realistically say that it's nothing for those who take a long hiatus, collect only some stuff or just don't play much ->

after all, if you are not at gold trophy, how high is the likelihood you even hit your maximum regularly?

if you are always scroll-locked, it takes you around 150 days to get to a gold trophy (without incubates) from silver trophy. (90 days from bronze to silver, 40 from zero to bronze). And that's by picking up only CAVE eggs, no AP no trades.

If you are not that often scroll locked, well, you won't notice one slot more. smile.gif

PS: for those of use who are constantly locked, it would be a large boon.

Edited by whitebaron

Yay! would love to see this. I have no qualms with this happening. I don't personally see the need for symbols on one's scroll, but those would be cool. (not really a huge badge collector) I don't personally utilize the 14 extra slots for hatchlings up too much, so if that was raised too cool, but if not it would be dealable.

I'd like this biggrin.gif Irrelevant to me though it will be for a long time yet, I see no problem with it and will very likely make good use of it once I get there.

Random passing thought:

Add another egg slot for users that have been around for over a year, regardless of badge.

So with Gold you'd get up to 8 eggs, but people without gold (not sure how many people don't get gold within a year, but it's certainly possible) also still get it.

Just to mention, because unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems possible that some people think this is only for those with Gold trophies:

TJ Suggested this for ANYONE who's been here a year or more, regardless of trophy colour, which is much more fair and doesn't penalize those with more limited time/play-styles.

But when you did reach Gold level, you could then get an even 4 pairs of New Releases - which is SO much better than having that 'odd man out' when pairing PB Halloweens, making checkers or whatever.

Anything to even out our pairs would be greatly appreciated.

Anything to even out our pairs would be greatly appreciated.

Except a drop in capacity - be careful what you wish for! xd.png

Except a drop in capacity - be careful what you wish for! xd.png

Never less. We always need more. :-)