TJ09

ANSWERED:Time-based egg slot

I love the idea, imo it's a great way to reward those who sticked along with the site.

I'm Definitely throwing in a big ol' YES to the pile. And also agreeing with sentiments about upping the hatchie count to the even 24. (even numbers just. Just yes.)

Also... per TJ's original post... I was one of those who didn't reach gold in a year. In fact I think it took me almost three. (oldest drag on scroll May 4, 2010 (even tho my scroll is from like 2008) and my 500th is March 3, 2013 so yep 3 years.)

So... Honestly, the extra egg slot probably would help greatly with getting up in the trophies for those who have been around a while but haven't progressed through trophies quickly.

Yet, since reaching gold, I've nearly added another 500 dragons in only about a year and a half alot.png

A wholehearted YES. I have been on DC for over four years and will be receiving my gold trophy only this week. Is this due in part to my own inactivity? Yes, absolutely--but I keep coming back, and I do contribute (albeit only slightly) when I am here. My low dragon count is also caused by my playing style: I would like to collect one nicely-lineaged or CB of each breed, gender, sprite, etc.--and no more unless I am particularly find of a certain species. I also gift or abandon most of my bred eggs, and regularly go through my scroll and release unneeded dragons. Progress for me is slow. And this is the way I like to play--I don't like having mountains of dragons on my scroll! Still, I use up my egg slots as quickly as the next person, and it is a bit discouraging to see someone else scale the trophy ranks when I have trouble adding just ten dragons to my collection at times.

So I would very much like having a time-based egg slot, to reward those of us who like to take things a bit more slowly.

It would be seriously awesome if this egg slot appeared in time for Halloween cool.gif Not just because it would be so excellent to have an even number of the new holiday dragon (I'm sort of OCD about my pairs too) but also for breeding the past year's dragons, because I have way too many projects going and an extra egg slot (with presumably an equal number of extra hatchling slots for constant incubate) would be a huge help! Huge!

If I have already posted here and forgotten, my apologies, but I think this would be awesome and am surprised so many people disagree

This would be an amazing idea. No longer would I have that one awkward new release without a mate for it. OuO

Random passing thought:

Add another egg slot for users that have been around for over a year, regardless of badge.

So with Gold you'd get up to 8 eggs, but people without gold (not sure how many people don't get gold within a year, but it's certainly possible) also still get it.

reward longevity? I like it!

I like this idea ^^

I've been playing DC on and off since 09' now and getting some long-time rewards could be kind of awesome! Having an even number of slots open for new releases and holidays it nice because then you won't have to think about how it's gonna work out with lineages 'n' sutff =w= (as a lot of people have already pointed out as well).

It's also a nice surprise to people (like me) who jumps a bit on and off the game but returns as well for new shiny dragons and other goodies! sleep.gif

Support like whoa. I like the idea of a kind of dedication reward, and it's great for people who don't mass-collect too.

Support! Even though I haven't reached the 1 year mark yet, this will give all the new users something to look forward to. We will also be able to have an even number of egg slots? Should we add the growing things slots as well? Perhaps to 24? xd.png

Support, totally!

Actually, to add on to it...an extra two or three hatchling slots as well.

And then each year the user is still around they get another egg slot and two or three hatchling slots. To reward continuous playing...

Just a thought, but I highly doubt you'd do that, at least the adding slots after each year bit.

Support, totally!

Actually, to add on to it...an extra two or three hatchling slots as well.

And then each year the user is still around they get another egg slot and two or three hatchling slots. To reward continuous playing...

Just a thought, but I highly doubt you'd do that, at least the adding slots after each year bit.

TJ has already said that the extra egg slot would come with the corresponding 3 hatchie slots. As for adding another egg each year, I don't think that will ever happen. And in my opinion it shouldn't. Having to budget your egg spaces is part of the fun of the game. I think 8 would be perfect because it is an even number, which allows picking up pairs of new dragons.

I fully want this! I would love to have an even number of egg slots to get 4 pairs of eggs, instead of deciding what to have 3 of or 1 of.

Lol, speaking as one of the many people who've been begging for another egg slot and the corresponding increase in hatchy places for ages, I'd have loved it if (fortunately making it back online just in time for Halloween eggs and the charming adventure, even if I did have to dash through it) I'd been able to get 4 pairs for potential future self-bred 3rd-gens from my own babies.

And, since the disaster befalling me included 7 months of no internet, I have a LOT of catching up to do at DC, with which the extra space would have helped considerably.

I do hope TJ continues to consider this suggestion, which seems to me to be very fair, practical and of great benefit to a large number of players, and that he ultimately implements it, ideally before Christmas, as I also had my Holly mate collection forestalled, and have a lot more breeding to do this year, as do others, to increase the population.

I definitely support the idea of another egg slot (and the hatchling spots that go with it). I would not want the egg slots to get any higher, though; 8 seems fine to me (though if it ever happens, I won't say no to it xd.png). If anything I'd like more hatchling slots smile.gif

I can't believe TJ's suggestion of a possible extra slot w/the attendant 3 hatchy slots isn't still being mobbed by hysterical hordes!

Wouldn't our chances of this occurring increase if we didn't treat this as a done deal, (which it isn't, he described it as a passing thought) and actually allow this to fall to the 2nd page?

This is still a pretty awesome thing yes.

Support from me. Always bothered me that I couldn't have an even number of eggs once I hit gold tongue.gif