zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

I hope ANY dragon will give me a yellow. I don't care if ALL the non-CB undies are yellow. I just love the color and would be devastated if they were REALLY hard to get (ie, like black/vine alts or super high chance from metals only). I'd hate it if commons made it really hard to get a yellow, basically. I don't have any CB Rosebuds or Waterhorses either.

Perhaps they will just be very common alts or SLIGHTLY uncommon alts, like the so-called alt Nebulas.

My four 2nd gen Undines all hatched yellow as well. xd.png

The pairings were: PB, PB, male Water Horse x Undine, female Cassare x Undine.

CB Undine x CB Undine = yellow Undine

CB Cassare x CB Undine = yellow Undine

I wonder if all Undines that aren't CB will be yellow.

Hm. I wonder if only CBs are green, and any undines bred from them or their descendants will be yellow?

EDIT: Ahahaha the comment right before mine beat me to it. Great minds think alike? : P

Edited by ozimul

I wonder if all Undines that aren't CB will be yellow.

Hm. I wonder if only CBs are green, and any undines bred from them or their descendants will be yellow?

I want to see a bred green Undine now.

I will say that when vine and black alts were released, in the beginning, pretty much every black and vine we bred was alt, so I wonder if it's just the new flood like back then. xP

I will say that when vine and black alts were released, in the beginning, pretty much every black and vine we bred was alt, so I wonder if it's just the new flood like back then. xP

Oh, that's good to know! I wasn't around here when that happened.

I wasn't paying that much attention when the release happened, no wonder Undine eggs are so hard to get. Has anyone gotten a green hatchie yet?

Mine hatches in a few hours. Since I want a yellow so badly, I'm almost certain mine will be the first non-yellow 2nd gen. This game hates me. laugh.gif

Mine hatches in a few hours. Since I want a yellow so badly, I'm almost certain mine will be the first non-yellow 2nd gen. This game hates me. laugh.gif

This is exactly how I feel! T-10 hours till mine hatches

If Greens turn out to be the default breeding result, what do you think people will want to trade for Yellow Undines? I saw one trade, and they were wanting 2 CB metals for it. I really hope it doesn't stay that high, then I will never get one.

I have 2 females and one male growing up soon. I'm going to try for a PB undie, but what is a good suggestion for a mate for the 2nd female? I would do CB gold so I could almost guarantee getting a yellow, but I don't have any. Maybe a Hellfire, since I saw those can also make yellows? I guess I'll figure it out. With my luck, I will get 3 refusals. dry.gif

I love the yellow undines, but am looking forward to (hopefully) breeding the greens to make an Undine/Brute checker. Still have a few days until mine hatch. Can't wait to see!

Can the Undines' creator(s) tell us specifics about breeding now? I mean, it's not forbidden to spell it out, is it? When the Coppers were released, Fiona was kind enough to explain how the colors breed, otherwise we might have had trouble figuring it out what with the biomes and gender differences and such.

It's really funny that now every one will try to hatch *green* Undine xDDD

Not everyone! I'm wishing I had better luck and had caught at least one CB Gold so I could guarantee myself a yellow. laugh.gif

I wouldn't MIND my Green Undie/Brimstone egg to turn out a green hatchie since it is a nice color scheme, but I'd be happier if it turned out yellow.

Not everyone! I'm wishing I had better luck and had caught at least one CB Gold so I could guarantee myself a yellow. laugh.gif

I wouldn't MIND my Green Undie/Brimstone egg to turn out a green hatchie since it is a nice color scheme, but I'd be happier if it turned out yellow.

Truthfully, I am not sure that breeding them to a CB gold 'gaurentees' you a yellow hatchie any more than breeding your CB vine or black to a CB gold gaurentees you an alt. My theory is still that they are proper alts... and therefore random. The fact that we are getting so many now MIGHT or Might NOT bear out that theory.

Edited by Silverswift

If they are proper alts, how long do you think it would take the ratios to even out and we start seeing 2G greens?

If they are proper alts, how long do you think it would take the ratios to even out and we start seeing 2G greens?

I wish I knew.

Vines and Blacks were already established breeds when i joined so... I never saw the first alts off those.

TJ could tell us, i am sure; but somehow I don't think he has any intention of telling us. I think he likes to see us solve the mystery ourselves. wink.gif IT might not take that long, if they are to be as common as the alt blacks/vines. But we don't know that for sure. It would all depend on how common the yellows were supposed to be.

Edited by Silverswift