zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

I wonder abt this too. Does anyone know?

I'm sure TJ knows. I think anyone else would just have an opinion.

But TJ knew when the originals were laid which ones would alt.

I would love a yellow, green is pretty, but my two refused...

If anyone gets yellow and they dont want it, I will take it. /figdets after asking as it is very unlikely that will happen/ xd.png

I would love a yellow, green is pretty, but my two refused...

If anyone gets yellow and they dont want it, I will take it. /figdets after asking as it is very unlikely that will happen/ xd.png

PM'd you. :3

Also, just saw this baby on a site:

Yellow Undine

I'll try for a few with this lineage as well, they're just so pretty together.

Edited by RipPanther1

Since I haven't yet.. I'll add my stuff to the lot.

This is what I bred.

Female Undine (Mountains) x Male Undine (Mountains) = No Interest.

Female Undine (Mountains) x Male Fleshcrowne (Desert) = Undine Egg

Female Undine (Forest) x Male Undine (Mountains) = Undine Egg

Female Undine (Forest) x Black Male (Non-Alt. Cave) = No Egg Produced

Female Vine (Non-Alt. Cave) x Male Undine (Forest) = Undine Egg

I tried the Black male just to see what would happen with a common. And I tried the Vine to see if it was completely based on the other partner's colors.

Just updating that the Undine x Fleshcrowne did turn yellow! =3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cPlX3

are alts determined when they hatch, or when the egg is laid? (ratio wise)

When black and vine alts were first released, they had a different egg - it was darker - for a while before TJ switched them to the same eggs and we couldn't tell until hatchlings.

Although I cannot confirm for certain, I am pretty sure that alts are determined upon when the egg is laid.

So no bred green Undies yet? This makes me hopeful that my bred ones will turn yellow. The PB bred one was laid the latest, so maybe he will turn green, but that's okay once I have at least enough yellow ones to breed them.

3 of my adults refused their CB Copper (2 of them) and CB silver (1) mates. My luck with breeding them to the nice, lovely metals failed. ><

My first undine 2nd gen hatched, Gold x Undine: it's yellow.

I have 3 more to hatch in some hours.

Question for the successful attempts. Did anyone influence the mates with fertility at all?

Or did most reject when fertility was used?

I have 3 that will hatch within the next hour.

Undine x Royal Crimson

Black x Undine

Undine x Ice

I'm betting on all yellow.

All three yellow.

My next ones are paired with Coppers, and won't hatch until tomorrow.

I added 2 more PB to the egg line.

Edited by snave

Question for the successful attempts. Did anyone influence the mates with fertility at all?

No, I always forget to use fertility. I had no refusals in my attempts, just one "no show interest" and one "no egg was produced".

And now that I think about it, in the 2 years that I'm playing I rarely have refusals, I think it only happened to me like 6 or 7 times.

Edited by danicast

I did not use fertility. I've had refusals with fertility before.

Yes, I bred all my successful Undies with Fertility on. Fertility fails a lot, but in this case it worked. I just regret not having enough purples to use it on ALL of my Undies.

Well, forgot about this one.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/pTvUk was my first successful egg and it did NOT have fertility used on it.

Edited by Yunako

Welp, I gots this one to add into the yellow Undine lotto:

Baby Undine- Donated egg, but adding:

Imperial Fleshcrown x Undine

I think this lineage will be so pretty, so I'm going to hoard more Imperial Fleshcrowns, those and Deep Sea, Water Horses, Brimstone, Harvest, Yellow Crowns, and perhaps Water Walkers. Of course, gotta have a dedicated pair of two CB Undies. biggrin.gif

Edited by RipPanther1

When black and vine alts were first released, they had a different egg - it was darker - for a while before TJ switched them to the same eggs and we couldn't tell until hatchlings.

Although I cannot confirm for certain, I am pretty sure that alts are determined upon when the egg is laid.

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

I have heard that, too... for whatever it is worth.

Mind you that I wasn't here for the release of vines and blacks so I didn't see it, what I know was gotten second hand. If that requires a grain of salt so be it. What I heard was that initially the alts had different eggs, but that this became a problem. People were grabbing the alt eggs and Leaving the normal ones on the AP, so... TJ changed it so that they couldn't be told apart.... not until they hatch, anyway. I ASSUME that the dragon is coded to be an alt at the time it hatches from the moment it is laid, if the egg was different back then, BUT that we just can't tell until it does. I also assume that this goes for undies as well... what they will be is coded when the egg is laid, we just can't tell.

Like I said... for what it is worth.

Edited by Silverswift

Thank you!!

I have heard that, too... for whatever it is worth.

What I heard was that initially the alts had different eggs, but that this became a problem. People were grabbing the alt eggs and Leaving the normal ones on the AP, so... TJ changed it so that they couldn't be told apart.... not until they hatch, anyway. I ASSUME that the dragon is coded to be an alt at the time it hatches, if the egg was different back then, BUT that we just can't tell until it does. I also assume that this goes for undies as well... what they will be is coded when the egg is laid, we just can't tell.

Like I said... for what it is worth.

They were never actually meant to have a different egg. I am not sure why they were released with one (it has been a long time since then lol) but they were supposed to only be found out after hatching. If it was a problem with dropping them, alt dorsals, and ridges would probably be treated the same way. =o

~

I have seven bred ones now. Still waiting for six to be able to hatch. =o

Damn, my only adult refused a Teimarr D: Oh well, I have 6 growing up tomorrow tongue.gif

Both my attempts with fleshcrownes turned out yellow.

Got a gift of a Undine and Yellow-Crowned. Gonna wait and see if it is Yellow. Thank you RipPanther1!

I wont EQ this time because of the gift being in possible danger of dying, and I do not kill or endanger my gifts.