zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

Again, all it says in the description is "Undine Dragons are named for the water spirits with which they share territory. They have close relationships with these spirits, and are able to communicate with them. In exchange for protection and respect of their mutual freshwater homes, laid eggs are often protected by a blessing. This blessing stays with the dragon into adulthood, and with it they gain potent magical abilities. "

...which means the ones laid in those areas where there are water spirits to bless the eggs are blessed. As I assume our eggs aren't laid in those areas, it's possible that the blessing might turn them green. And no, it's not the dragons blessing the eggs, but the spirits. Not really sure how to get the blessing, though, if that really is the case.

I'm really hoping it's just a really bad ratio-caused coincidence. :\

Actually did anyone successfully breed their Undine to any water-related dragons? idk if I saw any. Maybe it doesn't affect anything, though.

So, you think that it is possible that it is the GREEN Undine that is actually the alt?

Just popping in to report a Yellow from a Green and a Sunset. Incubate, no fertility.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TO8Rc - I kind of wanted a green, to start a checker, but a yellow's fine I suppose!

Had a couple of refusals and a no-egg, my other successful matings aren't due to grow up for a little while (one PB, one with a gold) but we'll see what we get.

My PB came out yellow. Still sad we can't have CBs. Influencef and Incubate - no Fertility.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Tsunami x Undine = yellow undine

I didn't use fertility on the parents. I did influence and incubate the egg.

I also got a yellow from rainbow copper x undine.

What if using any magic (fertility/incubate/influence) causes the eggs to be yellow? Has anyone got a yellow without using anything?

Has anyone managed to get a green from a breeding yet? Looking through the thread it seems to me that all the cb's are green and all the bred are yellow, perhaps we can't breed green ones?

What if using any magic (fertility/incubate/influence) causes the eggs to be yellow? Has anyone got a yellow without using anything?

Except that I influened my CBs and they both turned green... so unless that only works on bred undines, then that theory has issues.

It's likely that the alts are counted separately, like alts for vines and blacks, and they will be fairly easy to get for about a month before they start evening out

Except that I influened my CBs and they both turned green... so unless that only works on bred undines, then that theory has issues.

Everyone's CBs are green, whether Influenced and Incubated or not. So far it looks like all the bred ones are yellow. I REALLY wish we could've gotten some CB yellows and now I'm wishing that the bred ones - or SOME of the bred ones would go green.

I was suspecting they were like Alt Blacks since I saw every CB was hatching green tongue.gif

So I bred all PB eggs and now I've got 4 2nd gen PB Alts! biggrin.gif

If anybody wants to bloodswap, I can exchange a pair influenced genderwise wink.gif

It's likely that the alts are counted separately, like alts for vines and blacks, and they will be fairly easy to get for about a month before they start evening out

ohmy.gif

I never thought of that... I guess I better clear some egg space and breed some now, LOL

Both my PB eggs hatched yellow. I used influence and fertility.

So my bet is CB are always green and bred are always yellow.

My Undine x Radiant Angel bred a yellow baby.

The Radiant Angel was from the Desert, Undine from the forest smile.gif

I'm wondering if the colour might alternate by generation.

So all 2g Undines are yellow, and all 3g are green etc

Or, stating it a bit differently to allow for all possible lineage patterns:

The offspring of a CB green Undine is yellow

the offspring of a 2 gen yellow Undine is green etc.

If the parents are of different generations, one possibility would be to have the colour determined by the highest gen parent, eg:

CB Green Undine x 5 gen Undine >> Yellow Undine (6 gen)

CB Green Undine x 8 gen other breed >> Green Undine (9 gen)

3 gen green Undine x 6 gen Yellow Undine >> Green Undine (7 gen)

Of course, it could go by the lowest gen, by the Undine parent's gen (if the other is a different breed), by the mother's or father's gen, or ...

I'm mostly going with the idea that they're pretty much like black and vine alts and that atm we'll get them easily, later they'll become rarer..

But I guess we'll see!

I'm wondering if the colour  might alternate by generation.

So all 2g Undines are yellow, and all 3g are green etc

Or, stating it a bit differently to allow for all possible lineage patterns:

The offspring of a CB green Undine is yellow

the offspring of a 2 gen yellow Undine is green etc.

If the parents are of different generations, one possibility would be to have the colour determined by the highest gen parent, eg:

CB Green Undine x 5 gen Undine >> Yellow Undine (6 gen)

CB Green Undine x 8 gen other breed >> Green Undine (9 gen)

3 gen green Undine x 6 gen Yellow Undine >> Green Undine (7 gen)

Of course, it  could go by the lowest gen, by the Undine parent's gen (if the other is a different breed), by the mother's or father's gen, or ...

I am going to try this once one of my eggs hatches. I'm going to breed a green to a 2nd gen Avatar of Creation to see if I can get prove this by getting a 3rd gen to go green.

This guy will look amazing with a Green Undine.

Edited by Yunako

Just now I've managed to breed this. Now it's only the matter of time before I find out what color will it be.

Personally, I don't mind whether it will be a yellow Undi(n)e every other/second generation or randomly like the Vines and Blacks. I just like their color :3

My first purebred breeding (not using fertility or influence) produced a green egg that produced a yellow hatchie. Whether that's the "alt" or the standard for purebred breedings I don't know yet but I'll continue with my PB breedings at least for now and worry about how they're divided up later.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/X93GT

Just now I've managed to breed this. Now it's only the matter of time before I find out what color will it be.

Personally, I don't mind whether it will be a yellow Undi(n)e every other/second generation or randomly like the Vines and Blacks. I just like their color :3

I like their colours too but alternating colours are going to be such the headache for checker breeders :< I do hope that they are alts and the regular undines are going to be green regardless of generation...

And as for my breeding -- I had no luck with my dragons T_T my 4 undines either had no interest, no egg, or just flat-out refused their mates >.>

Just bred a female undine to a CB autumn. Will see in 2 days how it turns out.

Two 2nd gen yellows for me!

One PB: http://dragcave.net/lineage/nXXXR

And one Gold x Undine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ARLWN

I'm wondering now if

Green x Green = Yellow

Green x Other Breed = Yellow

Yellow x Yellow = Green

Yellow x Other Breed = Green

Green x Yellow = 50% chance of getting either color

*edited because I typed Gold where I meant Yellow.

Edited by inlaterdays

my first hatched: http://dragcave.net/lineage/z0vAQ

and my son has four bred yellows now, from pure breed, ridgewing, with silver and copper.

so no one (?) has a green bred until now, i would guess all bred ones are yellow. or - would be nicer - the first bred generation is yellow, the next green, as someone else wrote already. biggrin.gif

I was going to suggest that Green Undines breed Yellow Undines and Yellow Undines breed Green Undines, but I think somebody beat me to it cool.gif

Edited by jis99