zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

A bit late to the party but I'd like to ask - do yellow Undines only come from PB or any specific breeds? Or is there an equal chance for a yellow no matter who the mate is?

They're just like Black and Vine alts: the mate doesn't matter. smile.gif

Just hatched my 2nd yellow, another 2G purebred. So they're still happening. Definitely getting rarer though.

I wasn't complaining about not having Yellows, I was complaining about how people want CB Golds for them and was just questioning why my luck had suddenly turned from bad to worse, that's all.

People will always ask ridiculous prices for their egg/hatchie, but not all. I'm sure you have been gifted (or at least I remember you said you got gifted some) some 2g Yellow Undines so there's proof of that there. =3

As for the luck, well that's what luck is. There is never a guarantee, you just get what you win. I can sort of relate. xd.png Once a week a forum member PMs me a black egg to alt and it's been past 17+ alt fails IN A ROW. It's just bad luck, but I just keep trying. Same goes for Yellow Undines. Just keep trying and you'll eventually get it (which I believe you have already by the looks of your scroll and looking through who owns the parents).

Also as someone said, if you really don't like greens then I'm sure there are people in Departures/Take An Egg - Leave an Egg threads would greatly appreciate it. smile.gif

But yeah just keep trying! I don't think they're limited to specific breeds to make yellow Undines. Correct me if I'm wrong. wink.gif

Keep trying.

For the Alt Undine

I will gladly keep this one this one unless someone wants to offer CB Gold for it

This seems to be the only way. This is from an ACTUAL TRADE, btw. The only way I will ever get even one more yellow is if I catch a CB Gold. I really didn't want to have to stay up til 4am just to get a CB Gold so I can trade it for a yellow undine. dry.gif

Then breed your own (which is what my "keep trying" is directed at). I haven't tried hunting for more cbs, but I would think these are fairly common. Grab some more cbs so you have more chances to breed.

oh dear, I abandoned my last weeks attempts thinking that theyd failed (the eggs were green), now, im guessing, you dont know what you've got till theyve hatched? lol

oh dear, I abandoned my last weeks attempts thinking that theyd failed (the eggs were green), now, im guessing, you dont know what you've got till theyve hatched? lol

That's right. Just like Blacks and Vines. All the eggs are green.

~Removed; please work out things in private~

Does anyone know or have a guess about the odds of getting a Metal from a Metal/Undine pairing?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It's not really complaining, I just REALLY do not understand how so many people get SO many yellows SO easily. I just want to know HOW they are managing it.

It is honestly just entirely random. That's the way it goes with alts. Consider alt blacks - is there a special way to get those? No. Is there a special way to get alt vines? No.

I have four second gens on my scroll and they are all green. Last week I had three hatch yellow. I haven't done anything differently.

I understand it's frustrating but none of us have any special secret, there's no grand conspiracy to keep it from you. Just keep breeding yours and eventually you'll be rewarded with more yellows.

I wasn't complaining about not having Yellows, I was complaining about how people want CB Golds for them and was just questioning why my luck had suddenly turned from bad to worse, that's all.

Your luck is bad? I still don't have any yellows, because I don't have many greens and haven't been really on top of my breeding.

People are wanting CB Golds because they see other trades asking for that and the Undines are still fairly new.

~Removed; please work things out with users in private~

Actually I'm not sure why this thread is still open, as the way to get a yellow was debunked a loooong time ago by now.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I have gathered a few more CBs so I have more breeding pairs. It's funny, though, my first Yellow was a PB hatchy I just happened to catch on the AP. No idea why someone would abandon one, but there he was. Then I breed a couple and got one, and swapped for another Yellows so I wouldn't have related stock. But yeah, currently sitting at just two. If they are anything like the other Alts, ya just keep at it.

Once a week a forum member PMs me a black egg to alt and it's been past 17+ alt fails IN A ROW. It's just bad luck, but I just keep trying.

That's bad luck? I thought that was normal - I've got 21 bred black dragons, and none of them alted.

In case someone is keeping track of Undine ratios: Currently, mine stands at

13 green bred ones vs. 4 yellow bred ones, the last yellow one having been born on the 12th.

I seriously doubt that I'll get more.

I hadn't checked in here since the thread started up, nice to know there is no special secret to yellows.