zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

I'm kind of hoping for the "every other generation" theory to be true. It would mess up some breeding schemes but it would make for interesting new ones, I think.

If they are proper alts, how long do you think it would take the ratios to even out and we start seeing 2G greens?

I'm interested in this as well. I was two days late picking up Undies, so I'm wondering if that will affect my chances to get a yellow. It took me 50+ black dragons to get an alt, and I REALLY don't want to do that with these guy! Vine alts weren't as bad, since I ended up getting three in a row, hatched all at the same time, to alt, but it still takes awhile.

I'm still sincerely hoping these are like "alt" Nebulas, where they still more valuable than their green colors, but you still have a really good chance of getting yellow. Even like Coppers would be fine. I'd like to know what to breed mine to to guarantee a yellow alt.

I got a yellow one from male Undine x female GoN.

I think it's most likely that it works exactly like Black and Vine alts, and the alts (yellow) are only very common right now because there were none at all for the first week.

Not everyone! I'm wishing I had better luck and had caught at least one CB Gold so I could guarantee myself a yellow. laugh.gif

I wouldn't MIND my Green Undie/Brimstone egg to turn out a green hatchie since it is a nice color scheme, but I'd be happier if it turned out yellow.

Do you need an CB Undine? I have plenty of them.

I could give you some. Or did I misunderstand you?

Yay for yellows! wub.gif My 2nd gen eggs just hatched into a pair of the little darlings. biggrin.gif

Just tried to breed some more second gens.

Undine x GoN=Undine

Undine x Brute= Refusal

If they are proper alts, how long do you think it would take the ratios to even out and we start seeing 2G greens?

This many people breeding them? Probably not terribly long. I would say it should even out green/yellow breeding much quicker than it takes new commons to start breeding well with other dragons since everyone is breeding in hopes of yellows.

All conjecture, of course.

Just hatched two yellow babies from pure Undine parents. smile.gif

If ALL the offspring are yellow, that will definitely ruin all my breeding plans sad.gif

I much prefer the green, and wanted to make a number of lineages with them.

i do not want green parents and yellow offspring, even if the next gen is green again - I want all of one or the other. I think it will be horribly messy looking otherwise. Rats.

Very disappointing to think about.

Edited by daba555

This many people breeding them? Probably not terribly long. I would say it should even out green/yellow breeding much quicker than it takes new commons to start breeding well with other dragons since everyone is breeding in hopes of yellows.

All conjecture, of course.

This would be awful. I hope the easy-yellows thing is still going on for the next 2 weeks at least. I don't have one single yellow. dry.gif

Also, has anyone noticed how it seems breeding them with a CB Gold seems to guarantee you get yellow? Everyone who posted that they bred Undie with CB Gold have all posted back (well, most!) that their CB metal Undine was yellow. That is soooo frustrating. I wish I had a CB Gold. I tried for 8 hours today, every on hour and half hour drop, even checked every 5 minutes. Yes, I'm that desperate for a Yellow Undie! I don't even CARE about the gold. I don't like the sprites. Just the Undies turning yellow. Whoops. Bad word choice there, eh? laugh.gif

Edited by Yunako

I"m beginning to think that the greens and yellows will end up fairly evenly matched in numbers. The ratios will even themselves out with a burst of bred yellows, then greens will again be mixed into the breeding results, until it will be a 50-50 chance which one will result from an Undine breeding.

The greens will always be the only ones caught in the cave, but you will have a pretty even chance at getting either a green or a yellow from breeding, regardless of what color the parent(s) are. The ratios will keep the numbers even. So in crossing with other breeds, there may be a greater or lesser chance of getting the Undine, but when you get the Undine, you'll have an even chance of getting either green or yellow.

I could see alternating rows in a PB lineage. Or a checker after the first gen. Or maybe blocks of all green or all yellow (after the first gen). Maybe an outline, with green first gen and on the outsides, with all the inside yellow. Crossing with stripes could give new color patterns. Lots of ways this could go.

But these would only come to pass if I'm right about the 50-50 and the ratios.

I don't have any inside info, so I could be totally wrong, but this sounds logical to me.

Or maybe CB yellows are VERY extremely rare, like GoNs.

Or maybe CB yellows are VERY extremely rare, like GoNs.

Even if that was the case SOMEONE would have reported at least ONE CB yellow so far and that didn't happen.

Waiting for my 2nd gens to hatch, still 5 hours to go.

This would be awful. I hope the easy-yellows thing is still going on for the next 2 weeks at least. I don't have one single yellow. dry.gif

Also, has anyone noticed how it seems breeding them with a CB Gold seems to guarantee you get yellow? Everyone who posted that they bred Undie with CB Gold have all posted back (well, most!) that their CB metal Undine was yellow. That is soooo frustrating. I wish I had a CB Gold. I tried for 8 hours today, every on hour and half hour drop, even checked every 5 minutes. Yes, I'm that desperate for a Yellow Undie! I don't even CARE about the gold. I don't like the sprites. Just the Undies turning yellow. Whoops. Bad word choice there, eh? laugh.gif

Where have you seen someone reporting green 2nd gens? You said "most" of them have been reported back that they are yellow. That would mean some have not reported yellow, but green.

I want to know if there will be green ones as well, so where have you seen that, please?

Edited by daba555

I don't think it'll last 2 weeks, maybe 1 week at best...I do hope it holds until tomorrow.

Two purebreds hatched earlier, and they are both yellow.

Personally, I would guess that they are going to be like the blacks and vines, just that the ratios are demanding more yellows, so yellows is all we are seeing right now.

Tbh for anyone wanting yellows my advice would be to breed 2nd gens asap regardless of the breeding partner.

Where have you seen someone reporting green 2nd gens? You said "most" of them have been reported back that they are yellow. That would mean some have not reported yellow, but green.

I want to know if there will be green ones as well, so where have you seen that, please?

Oh, no! You misunderstand me! I meant "most" as in "most people have reported back, but not all". I haven't seen a green. It was just the wrong wording I guess. Sorry about that.

Had three Undies hatch this afternoon and all THREE are yellow - really ambivalent about that. I wanted at least one green too.

one was PB

one was with GoN

one was with Gold

I didn't give a strict time limit. Just "not terribly long" which could mean so many things. o_O

I have not noticed the same. I think you're just seeing a lot of people who like them with golds and have bred them with golds. I've seen so many other pairings here with a confirmed yellow hatchie.

This is like the rumor that pb blacks or vines is more likely to get an alt, which I am 99% certain is just due to 'biased study' - people breed them together so they don't have to deal with getting a breed they don't want, so of course they're going to see more alts from them - it's the only pair they try!

I didn't give a strict time limit. Just "not terribly long" which could mean so many things. o_O

I have not noticed the same. I think you're just seeing a lot of people who like them with golds and have bred them with golds. I've seen so many other pairings here with a confirmed yellow hatchie.

This is like the rumor that pb blacks or vines is more likely to get an alt, which I am 99% certain is just due to 'biased study' - people breed them together so they don't have to deal with getting a breed they don't want, so of course they're going to see more alts from them - it's the only pair they try!

This is true. And I sincerely hope you're right. I want my Undie x Hellfire to be Yellow and my Undie x Brimstone. The PB one would look great yellow too, but green would also be the start of a beautiful lineage with Spotted Greenwings.

I have 3 that will hatch within the next hour.

Undine x Royal Crimson

Black x Undine

Undine x Ice

I'm betting on all yellow.

are alts determined when they hatch, or when the egg is laid? (ratio wise)

I wonder abt this too. Does anyone know?