zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

What about breeding to a copper or stone? Yellow water is because of rust or other mineral deposits. As soon as mine grow up I plan on breeding to assorted coppers to see what happens.

Figured I'll join in with this hunt for yellows, here are my pairings, I'll keep you updated on the results:

Undine x Shallow Water = http://dragcave.net/lineage/aZPux

Undine x Two-Finned Bluna = http://dragcave.net/lineage/Og60C

Undine x Blusang Lindwurm = http://dragcave.net/lineage/sl0aP

Undine x Ice = http://dragcave.net/lineage/Htk12

Undine x Electric = http://dragcave.net/lineage/v9OwP

Undine x Thunder = http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZZ3qt

Can't believe how lucky I got with 6 out of 6 successful pairings!

I did not attempt to gender my first batch of Undines(4); they all turned male on me (Boylet's (1) turned Female; Boy's (3) turned 1M/2F)

Male, Forest, Blue X Vine, Female, Jungle Resulted in an egg(undine).

Male, Forest, Blue X Solstice, Female, Mountain showed not much interest.

Male, Mountains, Blue X Green, Female, Volcano did not result in an egg.

Male, Forest, Blue X Flamingo, Female, Jungle resulted in an egg(undine).

Boylet's Female, Mountains X Black Tea, Desert resulted in an egg(undine). Kid has the best luck.

Boy's Female, Mountains X Black, Desert resulted in an Egg(undine).

Boy's Female, Forest X Blue-Banded, Mountains Resulted in an Egg(undine).

Boy's Male, Forest X Red Dorsal, Jungle resulted in an Egg(undine).

That was some good breeding there. Good job boys. I'll report back in a couple/three days if I get a yellow one.

I wonder if the parent names have a say in offspring color, like, if all of you who put "undies" in the Undine's name have are fated to never have Yellow ones or never again Green ones xd.png

I'm pondering why there seem to be no Yellow ones in EAtW. I would have thought that some (braver) people than me had tried to earthquake 2nd gens. Commiserations Sirithiliel for your try.

Edited by nooey

Maybe its just random like blacks and vines..

That's what I think too. I hope it's the case, since it would allow more creativity in creating lineages.

That's what I think too. I hope it's the case, since it would allow more creativity in creating lineages.

If that's the case I sincerely hope that the yellow Undine is at least not as rare as Alt Blacks and Vines or it would take a rather long time to obtain one... I am not really the patient type rolleyes.gif .

Saving space because I want to pick up two more CB Undies, but here's my entries into the Yellow Lottery:

With male rainbow copper

With female tsunami

The idea that it might be water breeds occurred to me too, but I really think it will be like blacks and vines. Why do I think the coastal breeds could be the answer?

In exchange for protection and respect of their mutual freshwater homes, laid eggs are often protected by a blessing. This blessing stays with the dragon into adulthood, and with it they gain potent magical abilities.

Often does not mean always. So it could mean that pairing an undie with a water breed could sometimes produce an egg with a special trait - that blessing it speaks of. It could also mean water breeds caught in a forest or alpine region, such as water walkers. (can often be caught in the forest) But I'm pretty sure these were an older concept and may have predated biomes. So I'm figuring it is a simpler mechanic than an egg caught in a specific biome or specific breeds. Besides, only being able to get yellow undines with specific breeds would be annoying.

I like the "seasonal" idea! Mostly because I'd still like to hope for CB yellow ones one day xd.png It would be cool if they showed up on the full moon or some other periodic basis.

No adults here yet, so I will continue to just sit and watch for now!

Saving space because I want to pick up two more CB Undies, but here's my entries into the Yellow Lottery:

With male rainbow copper

With female tsunami

The idea that it might be water breeds occurred to me too, but I really think it will be like blacks and vines. Why do I think the coastal breeds could be the answer?

Often does not mean always. So it could mean that pairing an undie with a water breed could sometimes produce an egg with a special trait - that blessing it speaks of. It could also mean water breeds caught in a forest or alpine region, such as water walkers. (can often be caught in the forest) But I'm pretty sure these were an older concept and may have predated biomes. So I'm figuring it is a simpler mechanic than an egg caught in a specific biome or specific breeds. Besides, only being able to get yellow undines with specific breeds would be annoying.

I too thought the same thing, left a post on the main thread but it was drowned out by people getting adults. I just bred an Undine & Water, and I've already bred a Undine x Undine.

I'm pondering why there seem to be no Yellow ones in EAtW. I would have thought that some (braver) people than me had tried to earthquake 2nd gens. Commiserations Sirithiliel for your try.

Thanks haha, I kind of regret doing it >.<

Managed to grab two more CB forest based eggs to mate to the two forest ones that refused each other, but looks like I can't breed more until those hatch and I'm afraid to use EQ now =P So i'll just have to watch you guys and see if you unlock the mystery before i can breed again

Not sure if anyone mentioned this:

In the games Seiken Densetsu 3 , secret of mana, and a few other mana games, there are 8 mana (the number of dragons TJ referred to in the release news). They are:

Salamander, the spirit of fire

Undine, the spirit of water

Gnome, the spirit of earth

Jinn, the spirit of wind

Dryad, the spirit of wood

Luna, the spirit of the moon

Wisp, the spirit of light

Shade, the spirit of darkness

Coincidence? I think we have dragons to breed that correspond to darkness earth, wind, etc.

reference: http://mana.wikia.com/wiki/Mana_Spirit

Several of my Undies were not cooperative...

No egg... No Interest... No egg... Ta Da: user posted image

Both parents are from the alpine.

Got a second, also from Alpine parents. user posted image

If this elemental stuff is correct, time to start mixing and matching...

Edited by egwenna

In the games Seiken Densetsu 3 , secret of mana, and a few other mana games, there are 8 mana (the number of dragons TJ referred to in the release news). They are:

Jinn, the spirit of wind

Coincidence? I think we have dragons to breed that correspond to darkness earth, wind, etc.

Would be something fun to test out, good observation.

Jinn, the spirit of wind

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Do you remember a few months ago when TJ added elemental correspondences to the dragons!?!?!?!?!?

What if, if, if, if, this is part of that!?!?!?!!?!

And yes, we get all the different ones based on the "Hidden elemental correspondences"?

And there are really 8 dragons to get?!??!!???!?!?!???!?!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Runs off to do other things*

I bred one PB and one with a Brimstone - - but I also got two refusals - which is a high rate for a new breed, I'd say sad.gif I suspect they are pickier than many...

Edited by fuzzbucket

Do you remember a few months ago when TJ added elemental correspondences to the dragons!?!?!?!?!?

No I don't, what is this you speak of?

No I don't, what is this you speak of?

Avatars are determined by elements assigned to the dragons (which is why some don't always seem to fit the avatar so well xd.png). I think he said there were four elements for each Avatar type and one neutral, but I'm probably remembering wrong.

Avatars are determined by elements assigned to the dragons (which is why some don't always seem to fit the avatar so well xd.png). I think he said there were four elements for each Avatar type and one neutral, but I'm probably remembering wrong.

I know different dragons gave you different avatars, but I didn't realize that there was an underlying element... "mechanic". Neat.