zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

Avatars are determined by elements assigned to the dragons (which is why some don't always seem to fit the avatar so well xd.png). I think he said there were four elements for each Avatar type and one neutral, but I'm probably remembering wrong.

Ah okay. I must have missed some of that info. Thanks!

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Do you remember a few months ago when TJ added elemental correspondences to the dragons!?!?!?!?!?

What if, if, if, if, this is part of that!?!?!?!!?!

And yes, we get all the different ones based on the "Hidden elemental correspondences"?

And there are really 8 dragons to get?!??!!???!?!?!???!?!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Runs off to do other things*

Wow. THAT would be interesting....

Ok so I earthquaked my 3 eggs who were at 5 days:

Mountain Undine x Rosebud- Died sad.gif

Forest Undine x Forest Undine- Unaffected dry.gif

Father Mountain Undine x Mother Forest Undine- Died sad.gif

Boo

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Do you remember a few months ago when TJ added elemental correspondences to the dragons!?!?!?!?!?

What if, if, if, if, this is part of that!?!?!?!!?!

And yes, we get all the different ones based on the "Hidden elemental correspondences"?

And there are really 8 dragons to get?!??!!???!?!?!???!?!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Runs off to do other things*

I doubt it; with the exception of the purple dinos, TJ has never "hidden" dragons from us when they're released. I also had images saved from the original concept and don't remember there ever being more than the two colors.

Edit: Regardless, here's the quote from TJ about elements!

Posted: May 22 2014, 09:34 PM

To provide some basic details now: There's a level of abstraction between alignment and a specific breed. Each breed has one primary element (and sometimes a secondary element). For example, deep seas are water element (for obvious reasons). Then, elements are affiliated with an alignment. Water, as it happens, falls under creation.

There are four elements associated with each alignment, and one element for "neutral," for a total of 13 elements.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I doubt it; with the exception of the purple dinos, TJ has never "hidden" dragons from us when they're released. I also had images saved from the original concept and don't remember there ever being more than the two colors.
I was reading this differently: With this release, with got 1 of the 8 dragons, with the next releases (sans holidays) we might get the other 7 elements?

(2 colors and dimorphism just happened to make this 8 eggs, too, adding a mystery element or something)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Not sure if anyone mentioned this:

In the games Seiken Densetsu 3 , secret of mana, and a few other mana games, there are 8 mana (the number of dragons TJ referred to in the release news). They are:

Salamander, the spirit of fire

Undine, the spirit of water

Gnome, the spirit of earth

Jinn, the spirit of wind

Dryad, the spirit of wood

Luna, the spirit of the moon

Wisp, the spirit of light

Shade, the spirit of darkness

Coincidence? I think we have dragons to breed that correspond to darkness earth, wind, etc.

reference: http://mana.wikia.com/wiki/Mana_Spirit

I was waiting for someone to mention the Mana series! :D

As well, in the Tales series, there are Summon Spirits (occasionally called other things, but normally Summon Spirits) that are different elements. They are:

-Efreet, the Summon Spirit of Fire

-Undine (aka Wendiene), the Summon Spirit of Water

-Gnome, the Summon Spirit of Earth

-Sylph, the Summon Spirit of Wind

-Luna/Aska/Rem, the Summon Spirits of Light (or Sea, which Rem is in one game) (Luna is occasionally the SS of the Moon, but Aska is always Light when he appears)

-Shadow, the Summon Spirit of Darkness

-Volt (aka Bolt), the Summon Spirit of Lightning

-Celsius, the Summon Spirit of Ice

Some others that appear are:

-Maxwell, the Summon Spirit of all/the main four elements

-Martel, the Spirit of the Yggdrasil

-Sekundes, the Summon Spirit of Time

-Origin, Lorelai, Pluto, Norn, Corrine/Verius, Chameleon, and Ratatosk, who don't really appear more than once but are (Summon) Spirits of various things in the games they appear in.

Anyway, in most (all?) of the games, elements have opposites. This is especially prevalent in Tales of Symphonia. The opposite of water/Undine is lightning/Volt. I doubt lightning here will affect much unless TJ is a big Tales fan, but it's a theory at least. o3o

Of course, 'Undine' or "ondine' in general just refers to water spirits/nymphs/naiads/sylphs, so. :P

In the games Seiken Densetsu 3 , secret of mana, and a few other mana games, there are 8 mana (the number of dragons TJ referred to in the release news). They are:

Jinn, the spirit of wind

Coincidence? I think we have dragons to breed that correspond to darkness earth, wind, etc.

As intriguing this is, and as amazing it would be, I think imaginations are starting to run rampant... I took "one breed, eight eggs" to mean it was one dragon with eight different sprites.

1. Green male adult

2. Green male frozen

3. Green female adult

4. Green female frozen

5. Yellow male adult

6. Yellow male frozen

7. Yellow female adult

8. Yellow female frozen

I'm most interested in figuring out if these gorgeous yellow alts are only available through breeding like the blacks and vines, or if they're more tied to time of day (has this been disproved?) or season. Season would be awesome, as I'd love having golds in the base of lineages, but I'd be willing to put money on them being bred alts...

Guys, don't forget that TJ always takes one egg for each adult and each S2 hatchling sprite. Since this breed has two alts where both adults and S2s have dimorphism, the 8 eggs are a logical conclusion.

I also recollect the Undine being made. Back then, the yellow alt was the only alt, and it was something about breeding that you had to do to get them. I think they were also supposed to be rarer than the green ones. We'll just have to figure out how to breed yellows. Since the ratios are badly skewed towards green right now (as there are no yellow alts yet with the exception of TJ's four), we should have better chances to get them early on.

If they were time of day, I think we would have seen more yellow ones by now.

Ok so I earthquaked my 3 eggs who were at 5 days:

Mountain Undine x Rosebud- Died  sad.gif

Forest Undine x Forest Undine- Unaffected  dry.gif

Father Mountain Undine x Mother Forest Undine- Died  sad.gif

Boo

Thank you for your sacrifice in the name of science. I'm sorry for your poor eggies. sad.gif

Edited by Tecca

From the people who EQ'd eggs the second day, then bred as soon as they could (I am one), those eggs are going to start hatching in the next hour or two. My PB Undine egg has 4 days 2 hours.

I'm hoping we start getting reports from those people soon, and I'm also hoping that we start seeing bred yellows. Until we have at least one, we don't have anything to base speculation on. Even if we still don't see yellows, they still could be bred alts, just very rare.

But we are coming close to the time when we might see the first non-TJ yellow Undines. smile.gif

Edited by snave

I've had one no interest pairing and two that produced eggs in Undine x Undine breedings. I'm hoping the alts are like the blacks and vines and you have to go with the breed pairing and hope for the best. I'd really like one of the little yellow undines. I hope we crack the code soon.

Jinn, the spirit of wind

Guys, I believe you all are trying to make this way more complicated than it is. TJ said "One species, 8 eggs". That's the two colors and dimorphism. That gives us eight dragons in this species if you freeze the gendered hatchies, as TJ does.

If that wasn't enough there's this quote :

Shiny Hazard Sign   Posted: Aug 7 2014, 11:46 AM

Er, don't get your hopes up. I highly doubt there is some secret surprise waiting for everyone concerning the Undines...ahem, Undies"

Edited by Sir Barton

Holy carp! I've seen a yellow Undine on someone's scroll! ohmy.gif

Edit: Congrats, rubyshoes!! It's so awesome!

Edited by Windy

Finally Yellows! Kind of sad no CBs though :c

Edited by lollipop00

Wait is it that all bred ones are yellow, only specific pairings, or up to chance?

We don't know smile.gif We'll need to wait for more to hatch yellow (or green)

Thank you, RubyShoes, for pointing the way.

I just bred Undines to 2 coppers and got Undine eggs. This 3rd gen stair, and this 2nd gen Copper x Undine.

Of course, there's no guarantee that other Copper x Undines will produce yellow Undines. It could be that RubyShoes was just very lucky. Here's to more such luck for all of us!

Edited by snave

Thanks, everyone.

Yeah, I hope it isn't just coppers too (my other 3 bred undines are with horse dragons because I like that pairing). My next bred one is due to hatch in 24 hours but we should have a lot more from others before then.

One of my yellows is currently hidden as it seems to be "stuck" in an ER so I'll be leaving it hidden and the other may get hidden depending on views. smile.gif

edited for spell fail

Edited by rubyshoes

Since one of fogged can you note the pairings you used?  Maybe the OP can make a list of what makes them yellow so it's easy to find.

Current hidden is green copper male x undine and other is green copper female x undine

edit: Finally got kicked out of the ER so both are currently unhidden.

Edited by rubyshoes