TJ09

2014-07-05 - July Release

I love them all, especially the abilities of the Cassare! I changed the wiki page to read that it's a fact that they have no dimorphism.

Ah, finally get to see the adults. Not sure which one's my favorite... they're nice but I'm not super excited about any one in particular. Thanks TJ and spriters!

They're all gorgeous! Snagged 6 more Cassares, as those are my favorites (and I have my fingers crossed for a BSA - I think it's still totally possible if it's within the realm of we "lead the Cassare" to the dragon whose magical field we want deadened, even if the Cassare has no conscious control over it). The Carmines have such an unusual color scheme that I have no idea what I'll breed them with... will probably haunt the breeding idea threads to see color combos. laugh.gif

ETA:

Also... it could just be me reading a bit too much into the description, but perhaps the Blue-Bands will have alts? The mention of some being mostly dark with lighter stripes made me wonder. It's probably just me, though. :'D

If there are alted Blue-Bands, I will be hoarding. xd.png

Edited by LibbyLishly

Yay adults! Carmine are my favorite. I love the leetle face frills on the blue-bandeds. And the Cassare dragon concept is awesome. I do not get excited over many concepts, but I do enjoy that one, too. If it doesn't have a BSA, I think it's a good candidate for one. o3o

Since we don't see alts here, I don't think the blue-bandeds have alts (although they could be like stripes and get alts later, I suppose) - they're just like teas where it's a bit of info on how they can differ but we don't actually have in cave alts. JMHO

I like the body colors and design of the horizontal stripes on the Blues, but the application near the wings especially makes it look like an after-thought. Wouldn't the stripes bend and warp as the wings stretch and flex? It doesn't look like they're doing that, and I'm kind of having problems seeing where the body, wings, and membrane all connect as is. The face looks a little too short as well, probably done because the posing puts it near the wings. I very much wish these had been dimorphic, so I could see the striping and wing/membrane shape and head from a different view.

The wyverns are my favorite of the trio-- I like the colors. Do we have another dragon sprite in a similar pose, though? Weird deja vu. The wings and wing membrane bug me a bit; because the color and shading is the same as the body's, the skin doesn't look very extendable. It gives it a texture and thickness that reminds me more of flippers. Dragons like the Blacktip have this issue for me, as well. I personally would've made its head horns black, but it's not that big of a deal. Pink, red, and black has the chance of looking terrible together, but I think they were placed in a complimenting fashion here.

I enjoy the head design of the Cassares with the layered plates and all, though the horn on its forehead looks a little superfluous. I like the idea behind the breed, as well. Its hips look a little off to me, like I want to push them up and forward a bit. The tail looks like it suffers from some sudden change in thickness at certain points, and maybe it's just a tad too long. The large amounts of white space in the sprite's dimensions is kind of weird, too. Its right hind leg looks a little too small, or something?

Overall, yeah I like the Carmines the best. The other two have the potential to be really great, but they're not quite there for me.

The adults are gorgeous!

Fantastic job to spriters JOTB and Nectaris! smile.gif

They're all gorgeous! Snagged 6 more Cassares, as those are my favorites (and I have my fingers crossed for a BSA - I think it's still totally possible if it's within the realm of we "lead the Cassare" to the dragon whose magical field we want deadened, even if the Cassare has no conscious control over it). The Carmines have such an unusual color scheme that I have no idea what I'll breed them with... will probably haunt the breeding idea threads to see color combos. laugh.gif

ETA:

Also... it could just be me reading a bit too much into the description, but perhaps the Blue-Bands will have alts? The mention of some being mostly dark with lighter stripes made me wonder. It's probably just me, though. :'D

If there are alted Blue-Bands, I will be hoarding. xd.png

Alts would be nice, but I doubt it. Nhiostrifes also are supposed to have variable stripes on their wings, but no alt for them yet.

I was thinking a couple weeks ago that we need more orangey-shade dragons, so was thrilled to see the Cassare eggs. Maybe something I could use for a checkerboard with my magi army. Now that I see their description, I'm not so sure...

Oh no, I wasn't saying that the Blue-Bands do have alts, it was just me being needlessly curious. :'D

Would be pretty though!

The stripes on the Blue-Banded adult just look... wrong to me. Like they're just overtop the dragon instead of following the shape of it's body. I like the design of it's head though. :3

I really loved the way the Cassare dragon's S2 hatchling looked but the adult looks kind of smashed into a box. 'Tis the struggle of having a super long tail on a dragon, I guess. And having the wings folding over themselves takes away from the prettiness because it's mostly just orange now and the black doesn't pop as much. Speaking of wings... the wing farthest from us looks like it's much larger than the wing we can see clearly. Like the tip of it goes all the way out to the dragon's head but the near wing just reaches it's shoulders.

I love love love LOVE the Carmines though. I just wish the egg's colors matched the dragon better. Maybe have had it Red with pink stripes instead of the other way around? (Just bugs me when the egg is one color and it happens to be the color that is least prominent on the adult).

smile.gif Super glad I picked the pink egg to get the most of this time around!

Edited by TwilitProphet

None of the designs really interest me, but man I love the Cassare's descriptions! So much lovely fantasy depth in there--can see people suffering from curses living with them, violent sorcerers getting rid of them to keep from being weakened, other dragons being cautious around them... going to be fun to write descriptions for mine, yes indeedy. Nice writing, Nectaris! biggrin.gif

Edit: I also love the implication that we, the scroll owners, have magic--as per us being uncomfortable around them. Although I guess reviving and freezing dragons was already evidence of that, it's kinda cool to see in a new form xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Oh my gosh o3o the red ones are being bred to flamingos once I get a project done they look so good.

Sorry if I"m just repeating what others have said, haven't read all those pages....

But the "magic-deadening" could *totally* work for certain BSAs!! Do we know if the Cassares already have some BSA, or should we start going through ideas? *is very excited about that!*

The Blue-Banded..... Ooohhh the Blue-Banded. I will be hoarding those. Beautiful!

And so the collecting begins. I look forward to finding how to work this dragons into my work.

Three cheers for our three dragons. happy.gif

Just kidding, the pink ones don't look familiar anymore. Dunno what I was confusing them with.

All of the adults are very pretty, though. :3 And I love their concepts! Bravo, all!

But the "magic-deadening" could *totally* work for certain BSAs!! Do we know if the Cassares already have some BSA, or should we start going through ideas? *is very excited about that!*

It's a subconscious or passive ability, like Daydreams, so unless the dragon is brought around others, I don't see how it could do much. :\ Also cooldowns don't sound like they'd work well since they aren't actively doing something.

It would be better if it were something they could control. And I'm not too sure of anything, other than maybe unfreezing hatchlings, that would currently need the magic deadened. o3o

It's a subconscious or passive ability, like Daydreams, so unless the dragon is brought around others, I don't see how it could do much. :\ Also cooldowns don't sound like they'd work well since they aren't actively doing something.

It would be better if it were something they could control. And I'm not too sure of anything, other than maybe unfreezing hatchlings, that would currently need the magic deadened. o3o

You know what'd be wicked rad? If when you sorted them next to zombies on your scroll they temporarily showed as a duller version of their original breed 8D

^i'd love that xd.png

anyway, me being the girly girl i pretend not to be, loved the blue-banded dragons and the new wyverns~ i was expecting something more like a river-breed though for the blue eggs.

aaand, i also loved the cassare's description! biggrin.gif it'd be cool if they always rejected magis xd.png

huh, neat adults. I especially like the descriptions in this round. :>

Wow, the adults are simply gorgeous! ohmy.gif Great job, spriters! wub.gifwub.gif I love the Cassare Dragons' name and description. And they look as if they were made of chocolate! laugh.gif

You know what'd be wicked rad? If when you sorted them next to zombies on your scroll they temporarily showed as a duller version of their original breed 8D

^awww yeah!

The more I read "Cassare", I think "cassowary". They will forever be anti-magical cassowaries to me. smile.gif

The wyverns are my favorite of the trio-- I like the colors. Do we have another dragon sprite in a similar pose, though? Weird deja vu.

When I saw them, I thought of a female Speckle-throat. They seem similar despite being mirrored.

user posted image & user posted image

Edited by Dimar