TJ09

2014-07-05 - July Release

I think the long tails are pretty xd.png

I do wish all three had more details, though. The sprites are rather plain compared to most of what's in the cave now. The short faces of the blue ones and the pink... horns? of the reds seem odd too. I also wish those two had more exciting descriptions.

The browns are still my favorite because of their lovely fantasy world descriptions <3 although the red ones have grown on me a bit now that I've seen all the lovely pairings people have planned for them.

*Pokes fiercely at hatchlings to grow up to see if there are any BSAs attached*

EEF: I don't particularly get why that would make you like the dragon more xd.png

I've grown quite fond of the Blue-Bandeds, even though a few things bug me about them ^^ I really like their heads and the pose, as well as the colors.

EEF: I don't particularly get why that would make you like the dragon more XD

Because it makes them hilarious and fun! ...in a good way. XD

Am I the only one here who doesn't see the Carmine as phallic? Even as a total perv?

I got the name, "Cassare Dragon" and trio's names in Saurian. hehe.

CAssare dragon is my best in this month's release.

Am I the only one here who doesn't see the Carmine as phallic? Even as a total perv?

i can see it a little, but its not that bad.

alupe99a  Posted on Jul 9 2014, 06:08 PM

I can understand what they are alluding to but it does not to me and yes hubby and kids all tell me I am a perv

I didn't, though now I can see what they mean--it it were some sort of deformed toy, so in the end, it's not, really.

I adore all of the new dragons! Lovely.

(I disagree with the criticisms I've read.)

Edited by eaturbyfill

I'm not really liking any of these dragons.

They're all very... Iffy looking.

Certainly better spriting than I could ever hope to do, but still.

My favorite of the three is the Cassare Dragon.

The Carmine's colors don't look good together, and the head is really awkward and phallic looking.

I'm hoping next month's dragons are more exciting.

Thank you TJ and Spriters.

This time's dragon releases have been rather... unexpected.

I am personally only collecting the cassare ones more.

Pretty! Somehow I didn't notice the release the day of, so when I saw yesterday that it had happened I was worried I wouldn't be able to snag any! But, luckily, I have my two of each and I'm good, just waiting on hatchies!

~Feathers

Lovely release, thank you!

I think the Carmines are my favorite as far as colors go, but the Cassares' Breed Description is the absolute best part about all of this. I love this kind of "breed lore".

I liked Blue-bandeds better as hatchies. unsure.gif Those stripes on the adult sprite kind of create this weird optical illusion effect for me, and it looks like a triangle shape have been pasted on top of the dragon, and doesn't really match up. I don't know how to explain it, it is very distracting though. But their little heads are very cute.

Edited by s0r0k4

This time's dragon releases have been rather... unexpected.

?

Why ? The Saturday before the first Sunday of the month - as announced a while ago and as was the case for the last two releases... dry.gif

All three are nice additions to the Cave. biggrin.gif I'm going to hoard the Cassares, I think. smile.gif

Not really impressed with this batch. No new artists, no dimorphism, all westerny breeds (a wyvens nice but we have a few of them compaired to the other types), and none of them have anything special. I'm no artist, but I can see problems on each grown-up sprite (like the carmine's... strong head, the blue banded harsh stripes, the cassares weird tail) and I'm not the only one. None are bad, but there's stuff on the completed list that I think were more deserving.

I think the Cassare will breed nice with halloweens and the Carmine will be nice with valentines, so I caught one of each and I think that will do me. I'm glad I waited before I tried to get some, that way I know what I'm getting and they aren't as hard to catch later.

To be quite honest I really don't like these as much as I thought I would :/

Blue-Banded are my favorites because they remind me of dinosaurs xd.png Kinda disappointed in the carmines but they're still very nice looking and funny now because of the dirty minded people on DC laugh.gif

Kinda disappointed in the carmines but they're still very nice looking and funny now because of the dirty minded people on DC :lol:

What did you expect? We're already obsessed with butts!

I definitely wouldn't consider it my favorite release, but it was still very nice nonetheless! The Carmine and Cassare really add to certain color areas for breeding, which is nice. c:

Over the course of the day, the Blue-Bandeds have grown on me. I wish the head fins were positioned a little further back, and it would have been nice if the dark stripes were on the top side of the far wing. At least then the pattern would blend if the dragon closed its wings. (If they ever do close their wings) The lighter underside makes sense, but generally the top sides of wings are bright.

The Carmines I loved at first sight. Lovely dynamic pose. I adore how the red and black shades work and the pink is a nice contrast for the darker tones. I was hoping for some feathers after the chicken/turkey look to the hatchie, but I guess that just wasn't meant to be. Finally, I'm not a fan of whiskers, so I find that the barbels are a nice change of pace.

With the Cassare, I think the lore is wonderful. The overall look is very nice. I'm looking forward to playing with them for Halloween and some Autumn themed lineages. I really enjoy how the black belly pattern splashes up the side. Wish there was a little contrast to the top line of the neck because I find it a little hard to distinguish it from the wing, and the horn in the middle of the head seems... off. I like the long tail and the shading that shows how it's turned, but the spade seems a little heavy.

Over all, I like them and think they make nice additions to the cave.

I am loving the Carmines! Such interesting colours, would look nice in a breeding project!

For some reason when I saw the Cassare egg, i thought it was going to have a BSA... A bit disappointed though laugh.gif

I'm just not loving these dragons this go round, it's not the spriters it's me. Thanks to TJ and the spriters for more dragons.

I like the dragons and all of them on the completed list, but I do have my favorites. I really wish there was some kind of 'Users Choice' release once a year where TJ would showcase several dragons and the top 2-3 with the highest user votes were released and the others went back on the list to wait. That would be fun. smile.gif I really don't understand why we couldn't have something like that... Ah, well..

Edited by MedievalMystic