TJ09

2014-07-05 - July Release

I've been seeing some cool codes sit around in the biomes, like Husho and Neemz (something like that), but nooOOoo... I need to save room for another speakeasy.

I know right? It seems the best codes surface during releases. My first Doutone's code was nERDS. xd.png

I know right? It seems the best codes surface during releases. My first Doutone's code was nERDS. xd.png

That code is awesome.

You may be on to something, I have a new blue one with the code PkHug, and my oldest CB Falconiform (from the May release) has the code SYSeA. Such a cute yet almost meaningless aspect of the game.

Just got home to see that my hatchies hatched, caught and influenced 2 more of each, and then safely fogged. Interesting how literally only minutes after I caught one of the cave eggs, it got 15 views. It was seriously only like 2 minutes... I wonder what's up with that?

Oh sweet, I snagged some more blue stripes and the pink eggs, too, along with some eggs I've needed... very nice~

I guess new dragons is just what i need to revive my interest in the game, heh.

ETA: ...huh, looks like someone's very interested in my pink eggs, what's up with that?

Edited by silver_chan

Oh sweet, I snagged some more blue stripes and the pink eggs, too, along with some eggs I've needed... very nice~

I guess new dragons is just what i need to revive my interest in the game, heh.

ETA: ...huh, looks like someone's very interested in my pink eggs, what's up with that?

I've noticed that all of my new releases except the egg I picked up 3 hours ago has gotten additional clicks from somewhere. One pink hatchling is up to 5. My guess is encyclopedia beta testers, there's no adults for them to pester yet.

I've noticed that all of my new releases except the egg I picked up 3 hours ago has gotten additional clicks from somewhere. One pink hatchling is up to 5. My guess is encyclopedia beta testers, there's no adults for them to pester yet.

Oooh, you can click eggs from there? Interesting... well, I fogged them anyway, and all my hatchlings just in case. I don't want to risk losing anything at this point, lol.

Personally, I don't want that kind of security. I would rather not have to jump through hoops to get my eggs added to sites. I like the way draghatch has it now, where it is completely optional(and NOT default) for those who do want the extra protection, but doesn't inconvenience those who don't care.

QFT

I would hate for that to be a default feature. It just makes more sense to me that if you want the extra protection, you should be something that you opt in for by choice.

Oooh, you can click eggs from there? Interesting... well, I fogged them anyway, and all my hatchlings just in case. I don't want to risk losing anything at this point, lol.

No, just like everyone else, beta testers click the regular way.

~

I've seen reports of people grabbing cave eggs that already have views in at least one previous new releases. I think conclusion was that people didn't know the description so went to the /view/ page and they got views from that either from a glitch or because they'd been caught and users were going to the scroll that caught them. I'm not actually sure what causes it, though. Perhaps it's something I should ask TJ about. =o

(And remember that new release eggs do tend to get more attention from curious people who don't know what they are or who are looking for them to hatch more quickly. =3 )

I've seen reports of people grabbing cave eggs that already have views in at least one previous new releases. I think conclusion was that people didn't know the description so went to the /view/ page and they got views from that either from a glitch or because they'd been caught and users were going to the scroll that caught them. I'm not actually sure what causes it, though. Perhaps it's something I should ask TJ about. =o

(And remember that new release eggs do tend to get more attention from curious people who don't know what they are or who are looking for them to hatch more quickly. =3 )

I meant to pop in and say that I picked up a pink about an hour after the users noted that they had mysterious clicks to say that my pink had the usual 0/0/0 stats. :3

I have viewed eggs in the biomes before deciding to click them, especially the ones that share descriptions - I can see eggs gaining views this way. I have also made comments here in this forum and found views on my eggs from people gandering at my scroll, so this could be where some mystery clicks are coming from as well.

That code is awesome.

You may be on to something, I have a new blue one with the code PkHug, and my oldest CB Falconiform (from the May release) has the code SYSeA. Such a cute yet almost meaningless aspect of the game.

Funny thing about that was, I was watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory less than an hour before grabbing it. laugh.gif

Ohhh~ I love that code; SYSeA. I love code-hunting. Even if it's a messy egg, if the code happens to catch my eye, I love it no matter what. whether I freeze it or bite it is a completely different matter. xd.png

As for the quick views minutes after catching, I've noticed that myself on my own eggs, but nothing that would make it seem hostile. View-bombing and such. Seems someone has tried to do that to one person though, This reminded me to fog the new eggs I just caught today. unsure.gif

Both of the pinks I just picked up were 15/1/0 as soon as I got them...

Thanks to TJ and the spriters!

mine were the same - 15 views straight from the cave????

can't wait to see the adults

Yeah, I got a pink one myself and it was 15/1/0 as well and wondered about that... Thanks guys...

Yeah, I got a pink one myself and it was 15/1/0 as well and wondered about that... Thanks guys...

Maybe it has to do with when you guys are hunting?

I just picked up two pinks with 15/1/0 and one with 2/1/0, so whatever's happening is still happening, but not always. On the other hand the 4 uneasies I grabbed from the desert are all 0/0/0.

I just grabbed a pink with 15/1/1 and came to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing... I'm one of many, it seems. xd.png

Another pink with 15/1/0 just a few minutes ago, so it's definitely still happening. Should be interesting to find out what's up, if it's ever announced.

And I saw a few more uneasy eggs go through at the 5-minute drop, so I'm really doubting their status as uncommon or rare. They'd be long gone now, if that was the case!

Ten hours. Darn it. I'll be at work when they mature, but it will give me something to look forward to when I come home.

My favorite S1 was definitely the striped one.

My favorite S2 is a tough call - it's between the striped and the uneasy.

I can't wait to see the adults smile.gif

As always, good job artists!

Yay, 3 new species biggrin.gif

I love dipomorphism, none this time? unsure.gif

I feel the same way, although I must say one of the few that I REALLY LIKE without dimorphism (in recent days) was the Fever. We don't have any other dragons of that pale, minty green and it looks nice with many other breeds due to its circular design. There have been a bunch of heavy, beast-like dragons recently so I hope some of these are more delicate. smile.gif

Yay, 3 new species biggrin.gif

I love dipomorphism, none this time? unsure.gif

Oh yeah, I just noticed it doesn't look like there's any dimorphism. We need a break from it at times anyway.