TJ09

2014-07-05 - July Release

?

Why ? The Saturday before the first Sunday of the month - as announced a while ago and as was the case for the last two releases... dry.gif

Probably because old habits die hard? I know it was a surprise for me, not everyone stalks the forums like you do fuzz smile.gif

It's kind of like when a store changes it's hours. They can make all the hoopla they want about it, but there will always be times when I show up an hour after closing and be all "ohhh....".

I like the dragons and all of them on the completed list, but I do have my favorites. I really wish there was some kind of 'Users Choice' release once a year where TJ would showcase several dragons and the top 2-3 with the highest user votes were released and the others went back on the list to wait. That would be fun. smile.gif I really don't understand why we couldn't have something like that... Ah, well..

That would be so great. There are so many beautiful draggies on the completed list...

But It would be hard to choose "only" 3

xd.png

Hah I love when I forget to influence, but they all gender correctly anyway.

I didn't influence mine and thought I'd just wait how they'd turn out... now I have 6 males and 1 female. biggrin.gif

Edited by Fly-by-Night

I like the dragons and all of them on the completed list, but I do have my favorites. I really wish there was some kind of 'Users Choice' release once a year where TJ would showcase several dragons and the top 2-3 with the highest user votes were released and the others went back on the list to wait. That would be fun. smile.gif I really don't understand why we couldn't have something like that... Ah, well..

Would love to see a big release of easterns too ;___; </3

That would be great... I wonder if there's a suggestion for that in the suggestions and requests.

That would be great... I wonder if there's a suggestion for that in the suggestions and requests.

Not that I have seen. I would be in favor of a release liek that if so... I'd have to go stalk and vote for my favorites.

ALSO ETA, thanks for the new dragons, spriters and TJ. NOT sure which one is my favorite this time around. IT seems the Cassare are definitely rarer than the other two.

Edited by Silverswift

This was suggested before. TJ answer was that to put together a "vote" list he would have to do the coding for all the dragons on the list and if he was going to do that, he may as well release all of them. So, he didn't see the point.

This was suggested before. TJ answer was that to put together a "vote" list he would have to do the coding for all the dragons on the list and if he was going to do that, he may as well release all of them. So, he didn't see the point.

I guess that shows what I know about it. I would never have guessed that it would be that much work, to be honest.

Isn't is it more fun that you don't know the new Dragons which are released? It would be boring for me if I would know how the adult will look like, I like to have an surprise.

Isn't is it more fun that you don't know the new Dragons which are released? It would be boring for me if I would know how the adult will look like, I like to have an surprise.

I don't know... I always get sort of antsy waiting for the adults, honestly.

The new adults look really nice. Great job everyone!

I like the surprise of it as well!

The first dragon I recognized by hatchling during a release was the Brimstone dragon. I realized that I actually didn't like knowing what was coming because it took all the fun out of releases for me.

xd.png So I stopped looking at the dragon requests page. Now everything will be a surprise for the most part! Surprises are so much more fun.

I'm not really liking the adults, but surprisingly my favourite one is the red, whose hatchlings I really disliked.

First off... thank to TJ and the spriters for a new release! smile.gif

However... I have to say that I'm not enamored with any of them. I will collect two pairs of each, but I don't see myself looking for more. I'm also a little sad that none of them have dimorphism, as I love to see female and male look different... but, oh well. That's me. ^^;;

Still, a new release is always nice. smile.gif

I am actually happy that we still get some dragons that don't have dimorphism. I love the ones that do, but it is nice for some kinds of mirrored lineages to have both male and female look the same.

Thanks again to TJ, JOTB and Nectaris for this new release. Well done! I think none of these dragons will be favorites of mine, but they are all worthy additions to the Cave. smile.gif

First off... thank to TJ and the spriters for a new release! smile.gif

However... I have to say that I'm not enamored with any of them. I will collect two pairs of each, but I don't see myself looking for more. I'm also a little sad that none of them have dimorphism, as I love to see female and male look different... but, oh well. That's me. ^^;;

Still, a new release is always nice. smile.gif

^ My basic reaction too.

Wow this release feels so much more negative than usual. Way to make the artists feel good.

Does Anyone have adult Cassares yet? I'm anxious to see if they have a BSA xd.png

I think it's a little early, yet, unless someone forced an egg? I figure another hour at least. My own first ones won't grow up for about 3 or 4 more hours, but I didn't grab them in the first rush.

Edited by purplehaze

I think the Cassare is my favorite this release. We need more orange dragons, plus the Cassares have a sort of "gentle giant" look to their facial expression which is adorable in my opinion (and fits their description in a way, too).

And to be honest, that shade of rusty orange is the color I pick most frequently (when available, of course!) on my cars for Gran Turismo, so it must be one of my favorites. tongue.gif

Not to mention, I love contrasting bright colors with strong black to make them look even brighter. Today I am wearing an outfit with obnoxiously neon blue and black, so I guess you can see why I like that sort of thing. <3 Ha!

Wow this release feels so much more negative than usual. Way to make the artists feel good.

This. They put a lot of effort into these dragons.

What did you expect? We're already obsessed with butts!

I definitely wouldn't consider it my favorite release, but it was still very nice nonetheless! The Carmine and Cassare really add to certain color areas for breeding, which is nice. c:

Butts?

haha, and with that, the 'dirty minded' people also pointing out that the eggs were moist from a different release.

Stop it guys, you'll kill me xd.png

I don't understand why everyone is so disappointed, TO be completely honest, The Cassares (Magic suckers, cant remembe rwhich is which) are a new favourite of mine, though i wish they had dimorphism, They're gorgeous!

The pink and red ones are beautiful as well!

THe striped ones, i agree, aren't the /best/ looking dragons but they're /unique/ and i've already got 4 of each breed. while everyone else is slumping around about disliking this batch, i've already got what i'm going to breed each one to haha

I don't dislike any of them myself, but there's nothing wrong with voicing one's opinion. Just because that opinion is negative doesn't mean it doesn't have just as much right to be expressed as a positive one. Nobody is being hateful or insulting, so it can't be said anyone is going too far in just expressing what they do and don't like.