TJ09

2014-07-05 - July Release

The more I read "Cassare", I think "cassowary". They will forever be anti-magical cassowaries to me. smile.gif

When I saw them, I thought of a female Speckle-throat. They seem similar despite being mirrored.

user posted image & user posted image

Dimar, I think we work on the same wavelength.

I'll be trying that pairing between the two breeds and I may try the banded ones with solstices.

Based on this release, I have concluded that we need more light blue and (completely) pink dragons.

When I saw them, I thought of a female Speckle-throat. They seem similar despite being mirrored.

user posted image    &    user posted image

I believe that's the sprite I was thinking of, as well!

Based on this release, I have concluded that we need more light blue and (completely) pink dragons.

Pfft, Valentine's Day has that last one covered =P

Something you can only get one shot of a CB of hardly counts as a useful dragon for lineage-making purposes. Regular releases (especially recently) have very few pink dragons, and fewer still that aren't fairly dull or only slightly tinted pink.

TBH I'm not very impressed with any of the adults; they're technically sound, I just don't personally find them appealing.

Yeah and as it's pointed out with the speckle throats,

We recently got them and they're pink for the most part smile.gif

I absolutely love the magic suckers! I wish there was dimorphism only to show the wings off a bit more, but i'm in love with them. Hopefully they're not rare!

I think they meant outside of Valentine's.

---

I dunno about anyone else, but I am a little disappointed in this release for the fact that it didn't have any new artists... I really like seeing new spriters show up, even if it's in with other artists that have been around before.

JOTB already has several releases. Nectaris only had two, IIRC, so I do like seeing her get another release, but I'm hoping maybe TJ releases stuff with new artists in the coming releases. c:

I was thinking a couple weeks ago that we need more orangey-shade dragons, so was thrilled to see the Cassare eggs.  Maybe something I could use for a checkerboard with my magi army.  Now that I see their description, I'm not so sure...

I am wondering if a Cassare can breed with a Magi.

Their offspring would be half-magic? unsure.gif

JOTB has like 10 releases...

I do wish some new spriters would be released. But i'm sure TJ has a plan.. I mean if he released every new sprite that comes out, people'd guess what they are... right? DC isn't /that/ old, maybe he's keeping it on the down low..

I don't like these guys nearly as much as I had hoped I would. They just seem rather...meh. Definitely not new favorites at all, especially the blue striped.

Oh well, still get my 8 of each...

Picked up another Cassare Dragon

Whoa... 1300 Dragons....

Edited by Husky51

I think they meant outside of Valentine's.

[snip]

I'm hoping maybe TJ releases stuff with new artists in the coming releases. c:

I do mean outside of Valentine's releases. I want some full-on pink dragons. I wish the pink extended past the neck on the carmine. But then again, carmine isn't exactly a pink color. Maybe it's the pink egg throwing me off.

And I agree with you on having some new artists. I suppose choosing seasoned spriters over new ones means that the cave userbase is at least comfortable and familiar with their art styles. It won't stop me from collecting these dragons until the next release, though.

Something you can only get one shot of a CB of hardly counts as a useful dragon for lineage-making purposes. Regular releases (especially recently) have very few pink dragons, and fewer still that aren't fairly dull or only slightly tinted pink.

TBH I'm not very impressed with any of the adults; they're technically sound, I just don't personally find them appealing.

I totally agree on all points.

I also think that the red ones are my favorite of the three, but that all three are lacking some... texture? Dynamic shading? saturation? I don't know! The orange ones are probably my least favorite of these three. I'm never a fan of the big spike on the end of the tail. xd.png

I wish we could have a raffle each month, or a contest, and the person who wins it, can pick the dragons that will be released for that month ninja.gifninja.gif

These are def. not my fav dragons, but i think i like the blue ones best, because of its colors. Kinda looks like a dinosaur with wings

Edited by djengis

I like the body colors and design of the horizontal stripes on the Blues, but the application near the wings especially makes it look like an after-thought. Wouldn't the stripes bend and warp as the wings stretch and flex? It doesn't look like they're doing that, and I'm kind of having problems seeing where the body, wings, and membrane all connect as is. The face looks a little too short as well, probably done because the posing puts it near the wings. I very much wish these had been dimorphic, so I could see the striping and wing/membrane shape and head from a different view.

*snip*

I'm normally not someone to critique on a freshly released dragon...but that's exactly what's bothering me too. To me the stripes are not really flowing with the body (muscle) and wing structure but instead look quite "stiff". It gives me the feeling that they're hiding the detail which lays beneath them... unsure.gif But besides the stripes I really like the Blue-Banded dragon!

Edited by Nyastara

I think the Cassare is probably my favourite out of the three. Something about the head shape of the Blue-Banded looks odd to me, and the stripes don't really follow the shape of the body very well. The neck of the Carmine seems as though it might be a little too long, somehow.

Ah well, nice to see new dragons, anyway!

Edited by Afard

I like the weird shape of the Blue-Banded Dragons, they look like dinosaurs, very primal. I didn't like the awkward stripes on their eggs, but the adult sprite is very well done.

The combination of red and pink on the Carmine Wyverns makes me think of vultures; xd.png not my favourite but I like Wyverns, always nice to get more of those.

My favourite this release are definitely the Cassare Dragons. wub.gif I'm glad I used my free egg slots to get more of them. Great sprite, cool description, original concept, earthy colour, this dragon got it all! laugh.gif

Thanks again to all spriters and TJ!

Great job spriters! The dragons look amazing. ohmy.gif

The Blue-Banded one reminds me of a tiger and my favorite is the Cassare <3

I like the way the Carmines seem to be moving. It looks vivid, as if they were ready to shoot upward any moment laugh.gif

I like all three new breeds! The Cassare is interesting smile.gif

Thanks TJ, JOTB and Nectaris! You did great work, as always!

Has anyone come up with any cool names for their new babies?

Has anyone come up with any cool names for their new babies?

With the blue-banded dragons' description, I could not help myself but had to name my male hatchling One Man Blue Band. >.> Couldn't be more happy when noone else had thought of my bad joke and I got it. X'D