TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Forget avatar of change and creation. Avatar of destruction is my favorite though I like them all.

Edited by Soulking

The adults are gorgeous. wub.gif

Already have names planned for all of them, can't wait to summon another GoN as well as breed the Avatars as I can. biggrin.gif

Wow - all three of them are fantastic! These are going to be something to hoard, no doubt.

Great job to the spriters and TJ, once again you've brought us stunning dragons to the cave c:

Hey so, just for some clarification for the few folks asking about the GON update: The lead artist on this project was Odeen. My only involvement was a bit of touch up on the GON with tons of Odie's help, and giving her my blessing to make the hybrid babies. Birdzgoboom provided an initial beautiful sketch for the Creation dragon, and shaded all the belly scales on all three adults.

Shiny Hazard Sign provided hatchling sketches for all three avatars, while Odie and Birdz finished them for her.

JaziandCo, in his infinite and uncredited wisdom, gave anatomical consult in real time as both Birdz and Odie streamed the hybrid creation process. Verridith, again uncredited, helped by being a cheer leader and giving the whole team a critical eye when we needed it.

So, to make it clear, Odeen did the lion's share of the work and lost many nights of sleep over this project. The woman is mad, and madly skilled. It was a team effort, but teams need leaders, and ours was without a doubt her. I'm blessed to have had the privilege to watch this beautiful project unfold. We also have to thank T.J. for coming up with the premise for this crazy idea in the first place, as well as giving input every step of the way.

I'm pleased as punch with how these turned out, and I feel it's a fitting legacy for the Guardian of Nature. I hope you'll all enjoy these breeds for many years to come!

Thanks, Marrionetta Credit where credit is due, and well done by each and every one of you.

Can these guys summon a awesome dragon just like the legendary trio can ? ohmy.gif

I doubt they can; that'd make the Trio redundant.

edit; I'd rather see new spriters on creative projects, but well done, regardless. Getting tired of the "safe"ness that TJ is implementing here; I want crazy new dragon ideas/art. I want to be surprised at the detail and shading.

Edited by Ashes The Second

I doubt they can; that'd make the Trio redundant.

edit; I'd rather see new spriters on creative projects, but well done, regardless. Getting tired of the "safe"ness that TJ is implementing here; I want crazy new dragon ideas/art. I want to be surprised at the detail and shading.

I dunno, I think these sprites are both crazy and detailed. Also given the fact that the hybrids introduce a whole new mechanic and add an aspect to all existing and future breeds that didn't exist before - paving the way for new BSAs and special features - I'd say this is certainly not 'safe.' This is bigger than you realize, friend.

I dunno, I think these sprites are both crazy and detailed. Also given the fact that the hybrids introduce a whole new mechanic and add an aspect to all existing and future breeds that didn't exist before - paving the way for new BSAs and special features - I'd say this is certainly not 'safe.' This is bigger than you realize, friend.

I think Ashes just means they wanted to see totally new spriters. We've seen Odeen and Birdz a LOT lately. Not that it's a bad thing, but I think that's what they meant. c:

Oh boy! I'm totally dying to get my fingers around that Avatar of Creation though I gotta say I love the colours of the Change too. Avatar of Destruction looks badass biggrin.gif

Might as well try and make a lineage out of these pretties while waiting the new features slowly take impact *sips tea*

Thank you TJ, thank you spriters, this is pretty darn awesome!

Wonderful jobs, all of you <3 Odie, Marri, Hazeh, Birdz, epic well done! Especially Birdz because the fire on the Destruction is to DIE for. <3

I think my favorite has gotta be... all three.

I need some of these right nao. TIME TO GO AP HUNTING

Oh goody.... blink.gif

Hey so, just for some clarification for the few folks asking about the GON update: The lead artist on this project was Odeen. My only involvement was a bit of touch up on the GON with tons of Odie's help, and giving her my blessing to make the hybrid babies. Birdzgoboom provided an initial beautiful sketch for the Creation dragon, and shaded all the belly scales on all three adults.

Shiny Hazard Sign provided hatchling sketches for all three avatars, while Odie and Birdz finished them for her.

JaziandCo, in his infinite and uncredited wisdom, gave anatomical consult in real time as both Birdz and Odie streamed the hybrid creation process. Verridith, again uncredited, helped by being a cheer leader and giving the whole team a critical eye when we needed it.

So, to make it clear, Odeen did the lion's share of the work and lost many nights of sleep over this project. The woman is mad, and madly skilled. It was a team effort, but teams need leaders, and ours was without a doubt her. I'm blessed to have had the privilege to watch this beautiful project unfold. We also have to thank T.J. for coming up with the premise for this crazy idea in the first place, as well as giving input every step of the way.

I'm pleased as punch with how these turned out, and I feel it's a fitting legacy for the Guardian of Nature. I hope you'll all enjoy these breeds for many years to come!

Thanks for the clarification! *hands brownies to all involved*

Birdzgoboom provided an initial beautiful sketch for the Creation dragon, and shaded all the belly scales on all three adults.

Especially Birdz because the fire on the Destruction is to DIE for. <3

...Marriiii, you left out something important ;P

I think Ashes just means they wanted to see totally new spriters. We've seen Odeen and Birdz a LOT lately. Not that it's a bad thing, but I think that's what they meant. c:

Not that I mind, for one... their artwork is GORGEOUS.

Mind you i do get the concern that other equally talented folks should be given a chance, but still... I can understand TJ's thinking a bit, maybe, in giving such an important project to proven artists. Just a thought.

Edited by Silverswift

The adult sprites are GORGEOUS!

Probably some of the prettiest sprites on the site!

These adults are AMAZING! I was really iffy with the hatchlings, but gosh I want all of these beautiful dragons on my scroll. Happy my baby will be getting his/her wings soon, destruction on my scroll is welcome. biggrin.gif

Hmm, If the guardian of nature is a Lugia then who are these three? Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde?

This definitely would be my guess - since no other legendaries fit these descriptions of creation, change, and destruction (and are a Trio).

Though of course, these were probably created without Pokemon references. Lugia has nothing to do with yveltal, zygarde, or xerneas.

edit; holy typos batman

Edited by lightningsky

Oh my god they're all SO BEAUTIFULLL!!

I've never been happier to have a Guardian! c:

Hmm, If the guardian of nature is a Lugia then who are these three? Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde?

Well, based on their relationship with the GoN, they're somewhat similar to the Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune), since the GoN can be seen as their creator. Though obviously they don't fit into the same thematic buckets.

But lightningsky is right, the Avatars are much less styled after Pokémon than the original trio.

Well, based on their relationship with the GoN, they're somewhat similar to the Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune), since the GoN can be seen as their creator. Though obviously they don't fit into the same thematic buckets.

But lightningsky is right, the Avatars are much less styled after Pokémon than the original trio.

Thanks for the info, BOSS~ smile.gif

Ah, so it's like the relationship between Ho-oh and the legendary beasts, I never thought of that, lol.

I must get the Avatar of Destruction though....that fiery look on the body and wings added with amazing design is just....ugh, I need them all so badly.