TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Eh. My scroll goal is sprite collecting so I have to freeze my next GoN no matter what, which will take me 9 weeks to breed all the avatars I need assuming I don't get lucky and can't catch anything to trade for.

I had 20+ armies of trio sets, but released them all after my 2nd GoN. Oh well. Gotta re-build the army.

Belated happy birthday, Dragon Cave! ^^

The avatars are really awesome and thanks for the updates! :D

You are not alone. Even though many of us may have the GoNs, that doesn't mean we got anything from the breeding. I got nothing from my first attempts. GoNs have always been difficult though, and that's part of their lore. rolleyes.gif

This... my GoN also gave me nothing on my first try so... just becaus you have one Doesn't mean you automatically got an avatar egg.

I understand people who feel left out. I felt this way many years for never getting a Holly dragon. But I did get one after 5 years.

I like having a new interesting feature to the game. Before I really could've cared less about a GoN. Now I can start planning new lineages and actually doing something with my GoN.

This event is a nice relaxing event. Sorry but the '7 day massive killing eachother over grabbing new eggs' was almost more work than fun. This event you can relax and always try next week or two and keep working on other breeding projects. I think you'll have better chances of getting a GoN, the Trios, or Avatar; than ever seeing a CB Copper or Bloodscale.

Now that I'm not as sick and grumpy from a stuffed nose and feeling like I'm gonna pass out any second from exhaustion:

I love love love LOVE this idea! Finally something I can slowly work to instead of worrying about whether or not I can catch the eggs before they turn impossible to find! The dragons are beautiful, and the new sprite for the Guardian of Nature is lovely!

I managed to breed an Avatar of Destruction from one of my Guardians, the first one wasn't interested in his partner. Tsk tsk.

I understand people who feel left out. I felt this way many years for never getting a Holly dragon. But I did get one after 5 years.

I like having a new interesting feature to the game. Before I really could've cared less about a GoN. Now I can start planning new lineages and actually doing something with my GoN.

This event is a nice relaxing event. Sorry but the '7 day massive killing eachother over grabbing new eggs' was almost more work than fun. This event you can relax and always try next week or two and keep working on other breeding projects. I think you'll have better chances of getting a GoN, the Trios, or Avatar; than ever seeing a CB Copper or Bloodscale.

CB Bloodscale? I keep accidentally catching those... I have 5 CBs of that and gave away a number of them. If you didn't mistype it and meant something else than send me a private message and the next time I see one I'll catch it for you.

as for the copper I did leave one once in the cave because it got to my brain too late what it was... (I'm still angry at myself for that one)

But honestly I think it's better to try to catch a rare than summon the GoN. With catching you can try every day as many times as you want. With summoning only once every two week and even than your chances are minimal.

My little Avatar gendered female and now I am wondering what to name her. What sort of names are you giving these new dragons?

CB Bloodscales really aren't that hard to find...I have 25 of them.

I love the sprites for the avatars, I like the new updates for the GoNs sprite.. I just have a strong dislike for hybrids (because i dont like more than two breeds in lineages, even black or vine alts showing up in my lines kind of bugs me). At this point in time, I have no driving need to collect them, so my two GoNs (male and female) can help others out for now.

I am perfectly willing to breed my GoNs for other people for FREE. I managed two eggs for a friend on both first attempts at breeding, and I'm generally, pretty happy to breed most things for people. Obviously, if someone is going to ask, I would rather them not have any GoNs of their own.. at least for now.

It's not about having a hard time getting a GoN. Everyone accepted that and is more or less fine with it.

The problem here is that an event release was built on something that a large number of people don't have and probably won't for a long time and with that excluded those people. And now we feel hurt just like you or anyone else would who say that we just 'moan' and say that 'oh well I couldn't get my third GoN either' or 'oh well I only got one avatar'... We got none. We sit here and read people's comments about how much they are excited to see their avatars grow up and just have them.

To be honest sometimes I feel close to crying.

And I'm not wishing for you or anyone else to be excluded like this but up until that point you won't understand how this felt/feels for us.

And this is why we can't have nice things. This release will be around permanently. The ONLY advantage players with Guardians of Nature currently have is trading, and all hybrid releases (or releases in general) have that. You'll get one eventually. Be patient. Nobody is entitled to anything here.

Edited by PieMaster

Wow, the adults look cool. Also, I feel serious sympathy for those who don't yet have GoN... I got seriously lucky when they came out and got mine very quickly, and I know there are those who have been trying every chance they get for years now and have still had no luck. That sucks.

*hugs to everyone* Best of luck to everyone!

~Feathers

ninja.gif Well, I haven't got a Guardian of Nature still. I failed on my latest summon just last Friday on the 22nd.

Anyway, when I do get those three Avatars (which probably would take me two years from now. Maybe more.) laugh.gif I'm so going to name them: Brahman, Vishnu and Shiva.

(Of course with my last name prefix if those names are already taken.)

I posted an Ice hatchling in the Departures threads for someone without an Ice, and it did find a home.

If anyone needs Trios to Summon the GoNs, these are many opportunities there. smile.gif

Edited to make sure there is no misunderstanding.

Edited by dragongrrl

Hey hey hey, lady! What do you mean the I have a Thunder? I'm not breeding one for anyone. You can't volunteer me.

And this is why we can't have nice things. This release will be around permanently. The ONLY advantage players with Guardians of Nature currently have is trading, and all hybrid releases (or releases in general) have that. You'll get one eventually. Be patient. Nobody is entitled to anything here.

I understand what AnariaZanyr means, and I don't think you do.

It's just that for an anniversary event, it would have been nice to have something that everyone could participate in at the same time.

It has nothing to do with "advantage" or "eventually".

I have 2 GoN's, and got one avatar egg. So it's not like I'm agreeing because I was left out.

It's an awesome addition to the Cave, for sure. But definitely not for everyone, just yet.

It took me years to get my first GoN, and I have 2 friends with none.

One friend took several years to get hers then got them 3 weeks apart. Yeah, it's random and all that, but I expected - and was disappointed that there wasn't - something released for everyone.

So please, have a little compassion and try to understand how everyone who was left out feels. It could have been you. (that's to everyone, not just the person I'm quoting).

Hey hey hey, lady! What do you mean the I have a Thunder? I'm not breeding one for anyone. You can't volunteer me.

she was not volunteering you, she was referring to the post above hers in the Departure thread wink.gif

can't wait to see my little ones get wings smile.gif

I understand what AnariaZanyr means, and I don't think you do.

It's just that for an anniversary event, it would have been nice to have something that everyone could participate in at the same time.

It has nothing to do with "advantage" or "eventually".

I have 2 GoN's, and got one avatar egg. So it's not like I'm agreeing because I was left out.

It's an awesome addition to the Cave, for sure. But definitely not for everyone, just yet.

It took me years to get my first GoN, and I have 2 friends with none.

One friend took several years to get hers then got them 3 weeks apart. Yeah, it's random and all that, but I expected - and was disappointed that there wasn't - something released for everyone.

So please, have a little compassion and try to understand how everyone who was left out feels. It could have been you. (that's to everyone, not just the person I'm quoting).

I do understand that. Yes, I have a GoN. No, it didn't give me an egg. However, if you don't have one, you can be proactive and trade to get one, or enter lottos on the IRC for them, or use the gifting thread. The biggest point of this event is that a HUGE new feature was added with the elements starting to get rolled out. The Avatars just happen to be the first way we can see it. Marri has revealed that new BSAs, lore, and other features will be able to stem from this new feature alone, and I think that is a PERFECT way to celebrate the site's birthday. And for those who don't have GoNs? Now that they're breedable and the sprite's been updated, there's more motivation for you to collect more trios and summon.

I am talking about a post in the Departures thread, not your post here. Nothing to do with you. If someone read it the wrong way, I'm sorry they bothered you.

Disclaimer: I'm one of the lucky ones. Didn't got an Avatar so far but can always retry breeding the GoNs next week. So I'm perfectly content with the event.

That said, after reading the thread, I'm sympathizing with the ones that are stating, not that the event wasn't great but that a more inclusive event would have been more appropriate for a cave birthday. Their feedback is about so many players being left out during the birthday. I happen to think that is perfectly legitimate, many players could not participate on the birthday, and will not for days, months or years. TJ is the owner and he can decide if ti take in consideration the feedback or not.

Instead, I'm appalled at the personal attacks that ensue: "moan", "whine" etc.

I still didn't see anybody putting out statistics that demonstrate that the feedback isn't accurate, showing that strong majority of the players was able to enjoy the event on the relative date.

she was not volunteering you, she was referring to the post above hers in the Departure thread wink.gif

can't wait to see my little ones get wings smile.gif

user posted image Oh. Hehe. I knew that. *embarrassed*

Disclaimer: I'm one of the lucky ones. Didn't got an Avatar so far but can always retry breeding the GoNs next week. So I'm perfectly content with the event.

That said, after reading the thread, I'm sympathizing with the ones that are stating, not that the event wasn't great but that a more inclusive event would have been more appropriate for a cave birthday. Their feedback is about so many players being left out during the birthday. I happen to think that is perfectly legitimate, many players could not participate on the birthday, and will not for days, months or years. TJ is the owner and he can decide if ti take in consideration the feedback or not.

Instead, I'm appalled at the personal attacks that ensue: "moan", "whine" etc.

I still didn't see anybody putting out statistics that demonstrate that the feedback isn't accurate, showing that strong majority of the players was able to enjoy the event on the relative date.

You see, if this was something that only happened at this event, I'd probably be more understanding. However, people complain every release if they are unable to get the eggs, as if they are entitled to them. Yes, this is a site birthday release. However, it is not a full event, like Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Halloween. People aren't 100% guaranteed to be able to participate the second it happens, and that's a distiction people need to be able to make. I also am of the opinion that the release itself is not the main purpose, as i previously stated; I believe that the point of this was the implementation of a large, new feature, breed elements (or whatever the official name is called tongue.gif).

Such awesome adults!!! Thank you TJ and your team.