TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Great, these things will probably only go for golds/silvers/prizes on average. Fantastic, everything I don't have/can't produce.

I suppose if I do manage to breed some pretties I can list them on EATW and hope for the best.

Can the avatars breed? [watch this was probably already answered somewhere]

These Adults are amazing looking and I can't wait to breed more of them as I only have one egg so far and I hope I will get more GoN to get them faster.

THIS is how I wish more people felt. wub.gif

Geeze, sorry not everyone is a Barbie and has the same feelings. :/

Most of us were not all pissy and mad, just disappointed. Now, those of you trying to rip us a new one for feeling the way we feel are just getting us defensive simply because now we're trying to defend our FEELINGS. Sorry for feeling differently than you.

I understand being disappointed about this event, compared to other events where people DO whine because they have lag, or they had to work, or sleep. THAT is different. At least they COULD participate. Perhaps, those who are demeaning our feelings and thoughts on this release, should read a little more into that kind of comparison.

You ask why we're getting all emotional about a silly egg sprite thing? Well, why don't you ask yourself that. Why are YOU even here collecting them. Why do YOU have some many awesome, rare dragons? Because it's fun to collect them, see the new art, and appreciate the artists that put so much thought and effort into creating them!

Maybe some of you need to get a grip and grow a heart. Yes, I feel bad, even for those who have such bad lag that they have a hard time getting event eggs. I have a heart. I have sympathy. I'm sorry YOU can't feel the same.

All in all, I am happy to see new eggs, I can't wait to see the adults, and I wish I could have participated in the birthday of the DC On their birthday. Not a year from now, not two years, or five years.

I woke up just to participate, then read the forum and thought, "Oh, well.. I can't participate, why did I even bother waking up," then went back to sleep. Disappointment is now turning into defense for most of us. And that's what is making us upset now. You say it is the same thing every time a new release happens. Actually, this isn't the case. This is nothing like that, and most of you are still not even comprehending that.

We are disappointed that we couldn't participate. Not pissy. Not whiney. Not sitting in our chairs or beds crying ourselves to sleep over "silly sprites".

Edited by RipPanther1

Great, these things will probably only go for golds/silvers/prizes on average. Fantastic, everything I don't have/can't produce.

I suppose if I do manage to breed some pretties I can list them on EATW and hope for the best.

Can the avatars breed? [watch this was probably already answered somewhere]

We won't know yet until some of ours grow up, but there is every reason to believe that they will.

I dunno, I think these sprites are both crazy and detailed.  Also given the fact that the hybrids introduce a whole new mechanic and add an aspect to all existing and future breeds that didn't exist before - paving the way for new BSAs and special features - I'd say this is certainly not 'safe.'  This is bigger than you realize, friend.

Thank you for all your notes on this project. The detail on these dragons is, indeed, beautiful, and your last little line is making me very curious to see the Action page on the adult Avatars. Very interesting!

So again, my thanks to Odeen, birdzgoboom and ShinyHazardSign, as well as JaziandCo, Verridith, Komodo Gallant (on the original GoN), and TJ with Marrionetta for bringing the GoNs (and possibly the entire game?) to a new level. <3

Thanks for the clarification! *hands brownies to all involved*

Dang. I agree. I'll pass around the cookies! :3

Thanks team Odeen! Heh.

I like these. We need more rarer releases, the recent ones are just clogging up the cave. They can't even be considered as uncommon now.

TJ, why GoNs can't purebreed and have normal, happy families(so purebred) while they can breed with any other lesser dragon breeds? Isn't it more logic for anything to purebreed and unable to crossbreed? If crossbreeding is possible, shouldn't purebreeding be even more likely to happen?

(if it's just about the rarity then I'd suggest merging the breeding ratio with summoning ratio so the chance of obtaining a GoN is not influentced (merging both cooldowns so using one of the options wastes cooldown of both actions); sb suggested the PBing could be summoned - so it's still a summon action but the obtained egg would have a 2nd gen PB lineage if successfully 'bred')

The idea is: ability to obtain a PB GoN with particular GoN parents in its lineage as a result. Anyhow.

For gameplay reasons.

And one more question: can avatars breed avatar offspring if bred with avatars? Can they breed at all?

TJ, why GoNs can't purebreed and have normal, happy families(so purebred) while they can breed with any other lesser dragon breeds? Isn't it more logic for anything to purebreed and unable to crossbreed? If crossbreeding is possible, shouldn't purebreeding be even more likely to happen?

(if it's just about the rarity then I'd suggest merging the breeding ratio with summoning ratio so the chance of obtaining a GoN is not influentced (merging both cooldowns so using one of the options wastes cooldown of both actions); sb suggested the PBing could be summoned - so it's still a summon action but the obtained egg would have a 2nd gen PB lineage if successfully 'bred')

The idea is: ability to obtain a PB GoN with particular GoN parents in its lineage as a result. Anyhow.

For gameplay reasons.

And one more question: can avatars breed avatar offspring if bred with avatars? Can they breed at all?

I don't see this working because the scroll cap is up to 3 for them.

Magnificent!!

*A* wow... just wow... LOVE the adults... thank you so very, very much tj and everyone that brought these new lovelies to us!

Dang. I agree. I'll pass around the cookies! :3

Thanks team Odeen! Heh.

*passes around cookies*

Do remember it wasn't just Odie, though (: It was Birdz, Odeen, Marri and Hazeh. Team BOMH! 8D

I don't see this working because the scroll cap is up to 3 for them.

I hope the limit will be rised to at least the reasonable 5 in the future anyway. For the most obvious goal to think of for such a game: Sprites collecting(all stages and genders) and building families(5: parents, S2 M&F and S1). There is a separate thread about the limits, majority wants it changed mostly for goals, lineages, and lowering the inbreeding ratio of avatars.

Still, no matter the limit, 2 adult GoNs on scroll could potentially have a child. If only the coding allowed it.

Well, based on their relationship with the GoN, they're somewhat similar to the Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune), since the GoN can be seen as their creator. Though obviously they don't fit into the same thematic buckets.

But lightningsky is right, the Avatars are much less styled after Pokémon than the original trio.

While I find the premise of these cool, I'm going with my head cannon that they no longer copy pokemon head guy tongue.gif

As a fan of 2nd gen pokemon and a lover of suicune I don't see the same resemblence if the GON is supposed to be Lugia tongue.gif

The adult Avatars look amazing! My favourite is the Avatar of Destruction, but the other two are still very much, epic in appearance. Well done to the team that put these together!

For gameplay reasons.

I kind of don't understand the logic of combining summoning and breeding to do this. If summoning and breeding become one thing for Guardians, then how are they able to breed with other dragons that are not Guardians if the user wants to do that? Also, would this be implemented only after the third Guardian is summoned? I summoned my first dragon in 2010 and my second just this year. I have yet to summon a third. Using myself as an example to show the length of waiting time, waiting at least four years to breed a purebred egg seems like an awful long time especially since many don't even have one Guardian of Nature.

Can we breed 2 GoN's and get an Avatar or will they refuse no matter what?

Can we breed 2 GoN's and get an Avatar or will they refuse no matter what?

I believe they will refuse from the attempts people have made.

*passes around cookies*

Do remember it wasn't just Odie, though (: It was Birdz, Odeen, Marri and Hazeh. Team BOMH! 8D

Well, yeah, that's what I was implying with 'team', since it was a team effort, even though Odeen did most of the work. I do like BOMH, that sounds better. Heh. : >

Edited by RipPanther1

OMG i can't believe how many new dragons there are. i haven't been here in like..2 years! I need ALL of them lol. How can I get a Guardian dragon? are they still available in the cave?

OMG i can't believe how many new dragons there are. i haven't been here in like..2 years! I need ALL of them lol. How can I get a Guardian dragon? are they still available in the cave?

The GoN is not the same as the Guardian dragon. It can only be obtained by summoning it with Thunder, Ice, and Magma dragons. They are almost impossible to summon, and the new release allows up to three per scroll. As you can see from the other posts, people that have been here for many years have yet to summon even one..

I believe they will refuse from the attempts people have made.

When I'll finally summon 2 GoNs(I have none, and tried today too) I'll be breeding them together no matter what. They are to be lovers, that's how my scroll works<3

BTW if a GoN even appears on the mates list of another GoN then I can't get sth here... if they are to refuse by definition just because they're both GoNs, then why are they even available to pick from the very beginning? Maybe there is just a low chance of getting them not refusing each other(and all people who tried were unlucky on it), and one simply needs to keep summoning and replacing the mate until the right mate is found and won't refuse? But, omg, that would be horribly unlikely to ever breed a pb GoN...O_o 1st step: summoning low ratio as such, 2nd: quite a few successes to happen, 3rd finally getting no refusal... and of course a successful breeding of extremally low raitio too. A kind of forever if not literally...

Edited by Aniusia483

Love all the adults but those Destruction's are really, really cool. Thanks again TJ and Spriters.