TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Oh these new dragons are wonderful. Have to say may favorite is the Change avatar, now I going for a Creation next then Destruction.

Can't help but think Change looks a little like Valefor from Final Fantasy X, just a little though. So naming mine "Iridescent Valefor" biggrin.gif

The three of them are really beautiful! Too bad is going to take me so long to get my collection complete. 1 egg every 8 days, and I need 36 in total. But they are worth! biggrin.gif

All of the adult sprites are just beautiful, but I have to say, the Avatar of Creation is my favorite at this point. I love that wing shading! Might just have to switch my breeding plans up a bit. laugh.gif

Holy wow. biggrin.gif Those dragons are amazing.

I was only able to get an Avatar of Change; my second GoN refused a Heartseeker, and my third summon failed. mad.gif

OMG i can't believe how many new dragons there are. i haven't been here in like..2 years! I need ALL of them lol. How can I get a Guardian dragon? are they still available in the cave?

I'm glad to see you back! I remember you here when I first returned after a two year break.Someone else just posted in the Help Forum, and Sock (now a Global Mod!) wrote a very good reply to them, http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8247602

Summoning has supposedly been made a little easier, for acquiring the Guardian of Nature dragon, and some who have GoNs have been able to breed the amazing new Avatars. These dragons are still difficult to obtain, though, and the Trios needed to summon the GoNs in the first place will probably be rather rare for a while.

It looks like you have one set, so when you are not egg- or scroll-locked, you can try Summoning from one of the Trio's Action page.

I will be breeding my Trios again next week, so if you need more, (which will improve your chances for Summon) let me know.

Again, welcome back! smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

The Avatars are great! biggrin.gif I hope I can get them from somebody. I have yet to summon a Guardian of Nature.

It's Avatar of Change, the pink one.

If you want to check the breeds of Avatars bred from different parents, go to the first repost in this thread! wink.gif

Edited by Lazurite

It's Avatar of Change, the pink one.

If you want to check the breeds of Avatars bred from different parents, go to the first repost in this thread! wink.gif

Dang. I was hoping it would be Creation. But thanks!

Hats off to the Spriters! Amazing jobs! Love them all, and I can't wait to breed some. biggrin.gif

HOLY CRAP

Just got on tonight (sorta late) and saw the adult sprites. They are absolutely amazing. Very impressive. It seems like lots of the new dragons now have particularly great sprites, the quality is definitely up, but wow the spriters have really outdone themselves this time! My favorite would probably be the yellowish one (I think it's the Avatar of Change or whatever), with the Destruction one a close second (I like the whole idea behind that one better, as well), but they're all amazing, really. Cool stuff.

Also, I just have to add something about the Guardian of Nature sprite upgrades. I think it was a very needed update, and an amazing dragon got even more amazing. Lots of little changes, but they all add up and it's quite the (good) difference. I didn't notice it at first, but once I saw a comparison it was quite obvious. I was kinda surprised that some people didn't like it all that much, especially the wing part. Aside from the chest change (never realized how weird and puffed-out the old one's chest was. It looks really weird and bad compared to the new one's), I think that it's one of the best things changed. They look more detailed now and a lot prettier, in my opinion. I approve 100 percent on the whole new sprite biggrin.gif

So what do us newer players do .. Watch??

The only thing we can do is gain and hoard trios in hopes for better success rate at a GoN. TJ did up the chances, but who knows by how much. At least it's something. :/ And if it doesn't work we'll have to try again in another 2 weeks to try and summon.

You are not alone. Even though many of us may have the GoNs, that doesn't mean we got anything from the breeding. I got nothing from my first attempts. GoNs have always been difficult though, and that's part of their lore. rolleyes.gif

Still, I have bred and AP'd or gifted what I could of the Trios, to try and help newer players, and I know there is a thread where successful breeders have been gifting some of the Avatar eggs. There are also Avatar eggs beginning to show up in the AP, and some players are trading their eggs. Check the AP for Trios if you need them, or maybe even a random Avatar egg. You can also find the CB Trios in the Biomes: Alpine for Ice, Desert for Thunder and Volcano for Magma.

If you get involved on the Forums, there will be opportunities, and people who are willing to help you. I'll be attempting to breed my Guardians and Trios next week.

Good luck with your hunting! smile.gif

Yeah. That's about it, along with those of us who have been involved in the DC for years and still don't have a Guardian.

...If you get involved on the Forums, there will be opportunities, and people who are willing to help you...

This is just business as usual in the Cave. I have four of each of the Trio, and I tried to Summon the first day of the birthday. After being told I had no right to feel sad at being left out of the celebrations, I have no interest in asking anyone here for 'help', thanks.

I still love the Dragon Cave, and this is no criticism of that, just of the reactions of the other people here.

I saw a Destruction egg go through the AP a few minutes ago, so there is always hunting. wink.gif

Whoop! I'm thrilled.

Edited by Jennie

I saw a Destruction egg go through the AP a few minutes ago, so there is always hunting. wink.gif

I saw a Destruction egg go through the AP a few minutes ago, so there is always hunting.  wink.gif

ohmy.gif FOR REAL??? Who would AP that POOR BABY????? sad.gifsad.gif

And here I was trading for one~ blink.gif

I hope that person is very happy for caught that EGGY~

Yeah. That's about it, along with those of us who have been involved in the DC for years and still don't have a Guardian.

This is just business as usual in the Cave. I have four of each of the Trio, and I tried to Summon the first day of the birthday. After being told I had no right to feel sad at being left out of the celebrations, I have no interest in asking anyone here for 'help', thanks.

I still love the Dragon Cave, and this is no criticism of that, just of the reactions of the other people here.

Whoop! I'm thrilled.

Precisely how I feel.

Also, hoarding the trios isn't going to make any difference as far as getting a GoN. I mean, you try to summon once, then that's it. One try per, correct me if I'm wrong, 2 weeks. No matter how many trios you have, chances don't change and you can't make more than one attempt. :/

I'd love to ask for some eggs, but it's going to take quite some time before anyone really gives them away. And if they do, it's usually for something super rare to begin with, but only after they've bred and gotten their hoard of eggs first. I don't really have many 'rares' to give up in exchange, primarily because I usually try to wait until others breed and abandon them. I'm just happy collecting them, I'm not worried about having super leet CB, first Gen, whatevers.

So, thank you for pointing out the people willing to trade, but it doesn't do any good in this case. And either way, it still defeats the purpose of being a part of the fun birthday.

But, I'll wait in the AP and hope to see some.

And who CARES if they're in the AP?! Good grief. It's not like a poor live creature is left to die. Have you seen how fast eggs go in there??

Also, hoarding the trios isn't going to make any difference as far as getting a GoN. I mean, you try to summon once, then that's it. One try per, correct me if I'm wrong, 2 weeks. No matter how many trios you have, chances don't change and you can't make more than one attempt. :/

The more sets of trios you have, the better your chances are of summoning, so yes, it does make a difference.

Sometimes the site auto abandons your egg even though that is not what you wanted. It especially likes to do it on eggs you have tried so hard to breed. It makes the AP have a few unexpected surprises of the OMG! variety.

I am hoping for the best and hoping promised trades will materialize.

Thanks for the help and once the last eggs come through just raise and pray as I try my luck at summoning.

Thanks everyone and good luck. second sunday in June for the egg drop?

If you have just one trio and they don't manage to summon, can you keep trying every two weeks or so with the same trio?

Edited by DustyBelle

ohmy.gif FOR REAL??? Who would AP that POOR BABY????? sad.gifsad.gif

And here I was trading for one~  blink.gif

I hope that person is very happy for caught that EGGY~

Some people are actually kind and generous with their avatars. I know a few people here announced they auto'd one of theirs and even both to the AP. I just caught the iridescence egg in the AP not too long ago (less than an hour).

"Also, hoarding the trios isn't going to make any difference as far as getting a GoN. I mean, you try to summon once, then that's it. One try per, correct me if I'm wrong, 2 weeks. No matter how many trios you have, chances don't change and you can't make more than one attempt. :/"

It does actually. The more complete sets you have the better chances. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat with you. I have no GoNs, actually, the only one that I do have is frozen because I didn't think they'd have a function after being told so many many times. The reason? I just enjoyed the cute little hatchies a lot more than the adult sprites. So... I do have one, but can't participate since it's not an adult as you can see. :c I just got lucky and got gifted one the first day this event came from a trader I traded with.

You shouldn't discredit the whole forum as a whole because someone told you that you were whining. There will always be people like that and I'm sure there is more good here than there is bad.

I feel just the same, but I just have to keep trying and hoarding to the best I can...

EDIT: Got ninja.gif'd by Sock again >__>;

Edited by Saynna

The more sets of trios you have, the better your chances are of summoning, so yes, it does make a difference.

Oh..was that actually stated? I didn't see that.

These dragons are beautiful!

I hope they will be able to breed. It'd be okay if they couldn't continue their species but they are lovely enough I'd like to put them into a lineage.