TJ09

2014-05-03 - May Release

I caved. For once I let curiosity get the better of me and peeked at the TJ's hatchies and OMG d'ey iz so kewt! wub.gif I agree with what someone else said before, They kinda do look like little Night Furies. Now I really will be hoarding them. I like the Frosties too, but with the dark scales and the glowing blue eyes? ...oh yeah. I'm a fan. biggrin.gif

With the blue glow effect, they'd probably look stunning in a Trihorn lineage. smile.gif

Until what time we have chance?

I cannot catch anyone :/

These are a permanent release so you have as long as they are in cave to catch them.

Hey not fare the eggs are not showing up for me ratts. dry.gif

Awwwww the hatchies are adorable!! The black one is nice, but I looooove the Frosty baby! So cuuuute!

I snagged four eggs.  I'll probably get a couple more when I have room.  It took time . . . and it makes me a little bit crazy to hear people tell me how "easy" it is.

One issue that I haven't seen addressed at ALL here . . .

There will only be 11 hours of eggs that will have the date of 5/3/2014.  Whether some want to ignore it or not, that's not the point.  Having that "first day" date on them makes the eggs more valuable and they can be used to trade for rare dragons that some of us with slow internet speeds can never get otherwise.

So . . . by not having the full 24 hours of eggs with the first day's date, it damages those that have slower speeds and have to wait till everyone else has their eggs anyway.  At least before, if they had to wait 16 hours later, the eggs would still have that first day's date on them.

Our "first" day eggs from April's release went to trade for a CB gold.  That's the ONLY way we could get one where we live. 

The only other gold was caught when I was sitting in the cafeteria at IBM in White Plains NY.  Where the Internet is blazing fast. 

I do think that having the drop be on Saturday is a good idea. 

If it were to start at 12am and the eggs were spread evenly through the day, though, I think it would give everyone a chance to catch at whatever time of day is best for them and they'd STILL have first day eggs. 

Edited for length

Actually this was brought up in the previous release. It really did not go any where then I think. I'm one if the few people that yeah I would like to have my eggs with the release but it's not a priority. I just want my bloody eggs. xd.png

Totally agree on the copper blusang bit. I hated that the uncommons became rare due to popularity but I eventually worked at it and got breeding pairs. I will eventually get my CB scroll goals.

Edited by Spyridon

Eek, wasn't expecting another release! I totally forgot about it. They're such awesome looking dragons, wow!! I need to find myself some more and get capped. Thanks for the bright, flashy new dragons TJ!

The Icy dragons were not too hard to get, although they weren't super easy, they did get got. However, those Volcano dragons are a pain. It's like the whole Copper scenario! But, I agree with those who say patience. I'll get a couple eventually ...

Anyways, I want to say these are some awesome looking babies!

You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found.

why im getting that message? o.O

i was on from yesterday but nothing the caves are empty i tried to see them but no eggs its like they dissaperd i tried to log out to see if its a pc problem but i keep getting the same message :'(

till when i can get one off these eggs please? i started not long ago again and made an account on this forum so im still learning thanks if someone can explain me what is happining.

There will only be 11 hours of eggs that will have the date of 5/3/2014. Whether some want to ignore it or not, that's not the point. Having that "first day" date on them makes the eggs more valuable and they can be used to trade for rare dragons that some of us with slow internet speeds can never get otherwise.

Eggs don't officially have inherent and stable objective value, though. To the cave, a CB Ice captured on the first day of release is no better than an inbred Mint picked up from the AP yesterday. Basing release times on users' subjective valuation of eggs ignores that to cater specifically to trade-based play.

On the other hand, testing new release times is aimed at reducing the problems players of all stripes encounter while hunting, like lag, overcrowded biomes, time zone problems, etc.

Thank you TJ - we didn't even bother looking here first and loaded up on the volcanic eggs. wink.gif Now to decide what to do about the alpine ones..

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

Finally got the last volcano I needed. That was definitely tougher than the last release - and yeah, I know people are always going to complain, but I still liked the midnight ones better. That said, the eggs are beautiful (ice and fire, heee! My inner fantasy nerd is pleased) and I super appreciate all of you who were involved in giving us these little guys. happy.gif

Thank you TJ - we didn't even bother looking here first and loaded up on the volcanic eggs. wink.gif Now to decide what to do about the alpine ones..

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

How'd you manage that!? Teach me your ways, oh wise or lucky one!

Hm this release hasn't been nice to me at all. The april one was fine but for this one I've been hunting for just over 4 hours now. Hope they stay around a little longer still.

@xXKissxXMyxXDreamxX and Mtntopview- These eggs are permanent so they will be in the cave from now until...forever really unless TJ decides to retire them.

Any time that you see the "you expected to see some eggs but there are none to be found" means that the biome is empty at the moment. New releases mean that the biomes empty out faster, especially in the biomes where there are new eggs being released. Also keep in mind that TJ has been keeping the other biomes empty for bit while the new ones are cycled in. This month's new releases are in the alpine and volcano biomes. The eggs drop in the biomes every five minutes, but you have to be fast to catch them. People are also giving them away in the departure thread or you can trade for them.

Edited by Jazeki

Finally got a chance to see the hatchlings. Both are adorable.

Really cool eggs and cute hatchlings. Once again disappointed that one will not have a different Male and Female sprite, though. It really takes away from my excitement for a new breed when the sprites are the same (I don't mean they have to LOOK different but a different pose or even slightly smaller size would be nice).

Really cool eggs and cute hatchlings. Once again disappointed that one will not have a different Male and Female sprite, though. It really takes away from my excitement for a new breed when the sprites are the same (I don't mean they have to LOOK different but a different pose or even slightly smaller size would be nice).

Are we sure about that, though? I haven't seen any evidence of it so far.... o.O

Are we sure about that, though? I haven't seen any evidence of it so far.... o.O

TJ only has two eggs for a breed that has no dimorphism. One gets frozen, one grows up.

The number of hatchlings indicates dimorphism,

2 = no dimorphism

3 = adult dimorphism only

4 = hatchling and adult dimorphism

Edited by Nectaris