TJ09

2014-05-03 - May Release

LOVE THESE TWO EGGS!!!!

I love the eggs more than the hatchlings though... hoping the adults would be prettier!!!

Thanks TJ, thanks spriters!!

(really want to freeze one of each egg to keep them *frozen*)

I agree with Libby. It's not for you to dictate how others play. I see by your scroll that you still do not have all the slots available due to the number of dragons. Which leads me to ask what would you do if you had all your slots: be a hoarder as you accuse the people of filling up their scrolls to be or be one of the generous people that sacrifice the eggs they catch, risking the chance of the dragons becoming rare.

Never did tell others how to play, simply my opinion on it. But I'm not in the mood to continue this, it's not worth the risk of losing my temper on someone unfairly.

And it's quite simply, really. I'd still only grab one egg, then leave them alone and go to the Adoption Cave and try to grab whatever eggs I can from there like I do most of the time. I wouldn't hoard, and I wouldn't give away because I'm nowhere near online enough to be able to give-away as much as I would like. The amount of egg slots doesn't matter to me. They just let me hang onto my current eggs as well as new releases, rather than having to abandon them.

Me: My Yellow-Crown dragon with hatch soon! Yay! I know they're common, but I don't have any yet, and they're my new favori- Wait? What's that? New eggs? *Looks them up on the wiki* SCREW THIS! *drops Yellow-Crowned egg in the AP* I'M GETTING NEW EGGS!

Silliness aside, I managed to snag one of each new egg! Yay! Fortunately, my Silver Tinsel just hatched, and my Yellow-Crowned egg should be easy to replace.

LOVE THESE TWO EGGS!!!!

I love the eggs more than the hatchlings though... hoping the adults would be prettier!!!

Thanks TJ, thanks spriters!!

(really want to freeze one of each egg to keep them *frozen*)

... If these two dragons are based off of Frozen I swear to Jegus-

On the bright side, I caught two of each.

About the 'hoarding' and being able to catch eggs when others can't:

Sometimes it's luck, but also experience. When I first started, I couldn't catch anything in the cave, so I got most of my dragons from the AP. But I practiced and got faster, and read comments about how to be a better dragon hunter. This morning, I got up about an hour after the first new releases dropped. It was a couple of minutes before 11 AM here, and I got two dragons in that hourly drop. I caught two more of each dragon in the next ten minutes, giving me three of each. I want to keep a spot open on my scroll, so I've quit hunting now. I fail to see how this is 'hoarding', or how if I'd stopped at one egg of each dragon, more people could catch them. I stopped hunting hours ago. This is me, not hunting dragons. :-)

I do understand the frustration, because I felt it myself, but I kept at it until I got faster, that's all. Just keep at it until you find a method that works for you, and stick to that for a while.

Never did tell others how to play, simply my opinion on it. But I'm not in the mood to continue this, it's not worth the risk of losing my temper on someone unfairly.

Then I'll say this. Be careful of certain words. Accusing was probably not the word you were looking for.

Edit: I really need to fix my laptop. Not fun on the phone.

Edited by Spyridon

Me: My Yellow-Crown dragon with hatch soon! Yay! I know they're common, but I don't have any yet, and they're my new favori- Wait? What's that? New eggs? *Looks them up on the wiki* SCREW THIS! *drops Yellow-Crowned egg in the AP* I'M GETTING NEW EGGS!

Silliness aside, I managed to snag one of each new egg! Yay! Fortunately, my Silver Tinsel just hatched, and my Yellow-Crowned egg should be easy to replace.

lol i know right? laugh.gif I caught three reds off the AP, incubated them, then realized it was a release day and the new eggs were already in the cave. Could not dump them fast enough. Gotta hoard those eggs rolleyes.gif

lol i know right?  laugh.gif I caught three reds off the AP, incubated them, then realized it was a release day and the new eggs were already in the cave. Could not dump them fast enough. Gotta hoard those eggs  rolleyes.gif

I found putting them on calendars is very helpful. Except when loses said calendar. Luckily I found it under the bed. Well more glued to the under side of said bed.

Edited by Spyridon

I can't incubate mine at all it will be three to twelve days till my reds can warm them.Oh well i will keep a close eye on my eggs then. laugh.gif

I found putting them on calendars is very helpful. Except when loses said calendar. Luckily I found it under the bed. Well more glued to the under side of said bed.

eh I have more important things to put on my calenders-- I was at a paleontology dig today. Found some bird bones laugh.gif can't wait for the summer when we dig up the big stuff biggrin.gif

The s2 hatchlings are really pretty - I keep checking for a female s2 cold flame but it hasn't gendered yet.

Edited by rubyshoes

And it's quite simply, really. I'd still only grab one egg, then leave them alone and go to the Adoption Cave and try to grab whatever eggs I can from there like I do most of the time. I wouldn't hoard, and I wouldn't give away because I'm nowhere near online enough to be able to give-away as much as I would like. The amount of egg slots doesn't matter to me. They just let me hang onto my current eggs as well as new releases, rather than having to abandon them.

Just want to point out that some people you may think are 'hoarding' may just end up with multiple eggs because of their catching habits. Many people have slow connections and rely on the 'control + refresh' method of catching where eggs open up in new tabs. I've had times where I do this and click frantically and get none, and other times I do this and I lock myself with seven.

The egg limit is there specifically to put a cap on what people can catch, though, and as it is some people have different amounts that they 'need' for their gameplay. Some want two for breeding, some want four (two to freeze, two to influence). Lots of things to keep in mind before judging people for 'hoarding'.

eh I have more important things to put on my calenders-- I was at a paleontology dig today. Found some bird bones laugh.gif can't wait for the summer when we dig up the big stuff biggrin.gif

You're on a dig? How are you getting signals to catch eggs? Wait I might be confusing that with the near in accessibility of the Egyptian digs. Maybe you might find a dragon fossil. xd.png

Just joking.

Edited by Spyridon

OMG!!!! I just got a flame egg and guess what its code is? HUgTJ wub.gif

*literally hugs TJ*

You're on a dig? How are you getting signals to catch eggs? Wait I might be confusing that with the near in accessibility of the Egyptian digs. Maybe you might find a dragon fossil. xd.png

Just joking.

ohmy.gif Dragons would be awesome! but no, just a Pleistocene site about a halfhour from my house. It's at a high school in Woodburn, Oregon in fact xd.png No dragons but they have found a giant Ice-Age bison!

ohmy.gif Dragons would be awesome! but no, just a Pleistocene site about a halfhour from my house. It's at a high school in Woodburn, Oregon in fact xd.png No dragons but they have found a giant Ice-Age bison!

That's at a high school? God, beats the steel drum band I played in. I can tell catching dragons would definitely be a lower priority. Nothing that major on my weekends besides dragon catching.

Erm, both the new breeds' hatchies hatched with wings. Why do their S2 descriptions both mention growing wings O.o ?

~

Pretty hatchies are pretty <3

Erm, both the new breeds' hatchies hatched with wings. Why do their S2 descriptions both mention growing wings O.o ?

~

Pretty hatchies are pretty <3

I believe someone stated that the general description of dragons. Obviously, as they add dragons and as the creativity of the sprite team grows, there will be dragons that will not coincide with that general description.

Oooh, these hatchies look gorgeous! I was able to pick up four from the alpine but there are no eggs in the volcano atm. x3

Oops, caught five of the volcano ones and one of the alpine ones. I meant to get three of each. xd.png Oh well, just means I'll have to get five of the alpine ones and one of the volcano ones once my current clutch hatch. cx

I did not like this release time, though. I prefer the old one. I am much more likely to be up at midnight than I am at noon. sleep.gif

OMG!!!! I just got a flame egg and guess what its code is? HUgTJ wub.gif

*literally hugs TJ*

That's got to be my second favorite part about new releases. It seems that's when the best codes appear. I remember in the August release of the dou-tone dragons, the first one I got had "nERDS" for a code. It's one of my favorite dragons because of it. xd.png