TJ09

2014-05-03 - May Release

ohmy.gif Dragons would be awesome! but no, just a Pleistocene site about a halfhour from my house. It's at a high school in Woodburn, Oregon in  fact xd.png No dragons but they have found a giant Ice-Age bison!

-Chokes-

I-I live in Salem.

On a side note, the Flames are getting easier to catch. Finally got my four after waiting three hours.

Edit because I was dumb-struck there for a second.

Edited by Psychotic Khaotic

Lol, I totally forgot about the release today, but that doesn't really matter because I was away from my computer all day anyway... No big deal though; the cave had calmed down by the time I got to catching mine. I am loving all the thus-far-revealed sprites, as well as the egg descriptions! These dragons look totally epic.

-Chokes-

I-I live in Salem.

On a side note, the Flames are getting easier to catch. Finally got my four after waiting three hours.

Edit because I was dumb-struck there for a second.

Hellololol fellow Oregonian! I live in Tigard xd.png

I really like the flame theme, is very nice.

Ohey I forgot to post here.

I wonder what they will turn out to be...

Hellololol fellow Oregonian! I live in Tigard xd.png

I really like the flame theme, is very nice.

Hello to you too.

My mother works up in Hillsboro. Small wold, huh?

It makes me happy to see another Oregonian playing DC. It seems wildly unpopular over here, at least in the Salem area. Back in school, I was 98% sure I was the only one who played it. Dx

And yes, I'm loving the fire and ice theme. The Flames are such a pretty blue, (The kind DCers seem to be obsessed over) and I've been waiting forever for an ice/artic/winter dragon outside of Christmas.

Hello to you too.

My mother works up in Hillsboro. Small wold, huh?

It makes me happy to see another Oregonian playing DC. It seems wildly unpopular over here, at least in the Salem area. Back in school, I was 98% sure I was the only one who played it. Dx

And yes, I'm loving the fire and ice theme. The Flames are such a pretty blue, (The kind DCers seem to be obsessed over) and I've been waiting forever for an ice/artic/winter dragon outside of Christmas.

Ices' from the trio dragons say hi. Lol.

Unless you mean a release for ice dragons after that, after all it was sometime ago now the trio was released...ah nostalgia. :3

Anyway just saw the Stage 2 hatchlings and they look so awesome, can't wait for the adults in a few days. Thanks TJ and spriters.

Hah! Is that a Hazeh I see in the aritst credits for the Icy one? 8D Woo! Work that art, girl<3

Both look really promising so far! How exciting.

Ices' from the trio dragons say hi. Lol.

Unless you mean a release for ice dragons after that, after all it was sometime ago now the trio was released...ah nostalgia. :3

Anyway just saw the Stage 2 hatchlings and they look so awesome, can't wait for the adults in a few days. Thanks TJ and spriters.

Yes, other than the Ice and Seasonals. I meant to be realeased because we have few, not because they are absent all together.

Besides, those were forever ago, andtheicetriosdon'tcountbecausethey'rerareshoosh.

And Seasonals aren't even CLOSE to being as easily found as they used to be.

biggrin.gif They are beautiful. I am going to participate in this May Release. I stopped participating during regular releases because there are so many people in the cave, going hunting. In addition to that, I simply don't feel like collecting a lot of dragons. Well, I suppose I'll participate in this one. xd.png I am so excited.

Yes, other than the Ice and Seasonals. I meant to be realeased because we have few, not because they are absent all together.

Besides, those were forever ago, andtheicetriosdon'tcountbecausethey'rerareshoosh.

And Seasonals aren't even CLOSE to being as easily found as they used to be.

Tell me about the seasonals. Just need two female springs and I am done collecting the for my cb scroll goals.

The eggs and hatchlings look pretty! Going to catch them anytime later because I am hatchie-locked.

Very pretty eggs and hatchies! Thank you spriters and TJ!

Been trying off and on all day, and so far I've managed to catch two of the "Frost" eggs. I'm probably not the only one who'll do this, but I kinda want to name mine with a 'Frozen' theme. XD (Well, if I can find a way to fit it into my naming scheme, that is.)

Zip on the "Cold flame" eggs, but as of the last xx:05 drop there was less than 50 people in the Volcano, so here's hoping I can get my two before I go to bed~

smile.gif I got two Frost dragon eggs. They are very easy to catch. I am so happy. biggrin.gif They are so beautiful.

sad.gif I got no luck with Cold Fire though. Not really my element but they are still beautiful. I suppose I will have to wait for them to become available. I also want them.

Tell me about the seasonals. Just need two female springs and I am done collecting the for my cb scroll goals.

I constantly kick myself for not grabbing CB Seasonals when I had the chance.

But then I remember that back then the cave only had three eggs on the page, and I didn't have the patience to wait, or AP hunt for them.

Still though.

Thank you TJ and your team smile.gif

The new time suits me really well too.

I'm still seeing plenty of eggs dropping, and would have nabbed another had I not been full already, so there is still plenty of opportunity..

I was able to catch mine fast a few hours after release, during a 5 minute point drop about oh, 10 min before the next Mass Drop at the top of the hour.

Glad I got the ones I wanted and now I eagerly await the big event coming up in a few weeks on the Birthday of the cave.

I accuse people of hoarding because they go for getting four eggs, when others are having trouble getting one. That is what irritates me, since only one is needed to breed more of them, two at most. It just feels unfair that people can grab as many as they do while others can't even get one :/

EDIT: Perhaps it's wrong of me to complain, but when CBs, especially release day CBs, are so valued...I don't know. It feels unfair, and I expressed my opinion on it. Maybe not in the best way, but hindsight is 20-20.

It took me all of ten minutes at most, maybe less, to get my six eggs at the very beginning, then I was locked and out of the cave. I think it's probably the same way for everyone. It's just a matter of how many people are hunting at any given time and how fast anyone's computer/internet connection is. It's no different than trying to navigate through rush hour traffic - the more people that are born into this world, the more of an obstacle course the road becomes due to new drivers. DC gains more members, the hunt becomes more of a challenge for us all. In that case, you just really need a very decent computer/internet connection and it won't seem so unfair, but hoarding is kind of the object of this game... "collecting". The reason people like to collect more than a pair is to create even gen lineages and such. We can't do anything about the traffic, not here nor on the road, so we have to just deal. We can't accuse people of hoarding up the road during rush hour when they're just driving to places they need to be. It isn't their faults there are so many people in the world. It's kind of the same thing here.

Edit: I don't think first day CBs are any more valuable than second or third day CBs. I think that's an unfounded rumor, or maybe just a value to a minority of members, but I haven't seen anyone say much on that issue.

Edited by LadyFoxfire

@Xili_Rem

must agree it's pretty easy to get eggs. :l I went into the cave maybe twice... although I've been here a few years, my reflexes are pretty good and I have a good strategy of pushing the mouse wheel to open the eggs on another page while pushing esc and F5...

smile.gif I say you might be trying a method of catching that doesn't suite you, you should experiment during the next release on what methods work best on your computer in releases.

My internet connection is slow atm and I can catch them. The Alpine eggs I caught on my phone, and The volcano eggs I wasnt able to catch on my phone but with slow internet connection and had to restart my internet connection a few times I was still able to catch them.

Ohw and I don't wait till the new page is loaded; but I watch when a link is refreshed in the left bottom of my browser; if I see a new code appear I click on the egg.

Edited by Llewella