TJ09

2014-05-03 - May Release

5. I find shooter games have the added benefit of giving you a faster clicking/trigger finger. tongue.gif

Well that explains the enormous miss rate I have on rares and the past few releases - I'm terrible at shooters xd.png

I usually use CTRL+click and this time I got locked after about 2 hours though I took a break to let an egg hatch.

Four Frosts and one Cold Flame! Woot! biggrin.gif Just one more Cold Flame and I'll be happy. :3 I'm so glad other eggs haven't really been mixing in (I saw one reported, but haven't encountered any myself). Really happy with how this release is going, personally.

I just checked the Wiki and there's a sprite for a dead Cold Flame egg. Does that mean that there's already somebody who's egg died? sad.gif

May I just say, i killed the egg for the sprite in the wikia, sorry... I admit it! I'm such a murderer...

Judging from the hatchlings, these dragons are going to be epic. I find it kind of ironic that he is releasing a frosty dragon now that winter is over.

Would someone mind directing me to where I can see the white hatchie on the wiki? It doesn't show for me in TJ's original post ^^'

Four Frosts and one Cold Flame! Woot! biggrin.gif Just one more Cold Flame and I'll be happy. :3 I'm so glad other eggs haven't really been mixing in (I saw one reported, but haven't encountered any myself). Really happy with how this release is going, personally.

Have other eggs really already been mixing in? This is only the third release I've participated in and the previous two have shown that the drops were exclusive for at least a few days. Or am I forgetting something?

Have other eggs really already been mixing in? This is only the third release I've participated in and the previous two have shown that the drops were exclusive for at least a few days. Or am I forgetting something?

I haven't actually been present on the first day of a release for a few months, so maybe they don't anymore (that would be nice!). It used to be that other eggs would start mixing it at some point - sooner if the egg was rare, later if it was common. I like seeing eggs not mixing 7 hours in! (One person said they'd misclicked a Flamingo. It may be that they were in the wrong biome.)

Those both turned out to be relatively common. I think this means that the new eggs are going to be uncommon.

I'm offering a heartfelt thank you to the ones that are catching eggs and giving them away on the Departures thread.

I picked up three there.

Sadly, that seems to be the only way to get eggs today. I don't super fast internet, it's just not available here.

To TJ . . . a great big boooooooooo, for once again making sure we have a huge traffic jam.

Cute hatchies? Though the frosty ones are just squares for me lD

Grabbed 2 flame eggs and 1 frost eggs! I'm egg-locked otherwise and doesn't have enough Red dragons sad.gif Needs to wait until 8 hours until another of my eggs hatch!

I'm offering a heartfelt thank you to the ones that are catching eggs and giving them away on the Departures thread.

I picked up three there.

Sadly, that seems to be the only way to get eggs today. I don't super fast internet, it's just not available here.

To TJ . . . a great big boooooooooo, for once again making sure we have a huge traffic jam.

dude cmon

be polite he adjusted it from last time but hes trying out the options so people can actually be here for a release rather than having to wait up till 2 or 3 am for a release at dc midnight

cut tj some slack bro

Just picked up my last cold flame egg and my scroll suddenly has two pages (exceeded 500)! The extra space will take a little getting used to. xd.png It's too bad I was seven dragon away from the gold medal or I could have an extra egg slot for this release.

Cute hatchies? Though the frosty ones are just squares for me lD

lineage view works

I picked up three there.

It's not TJ's fault that the site is very popular and that a lot of people are there for releases. It's our nature to want things as soon as they are released, not even knowing what they'll turn out to be, but we can't just magically get as many eggs as we want. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to make everyone have an equal chance at getting eggs at release due to time zones, ratios, and varying internet speeds, but blaming any one individual for lag is simply scapegoating. These eggs will be around for the remainder of the site's life, so they should be obtainable in the near future to those having trouble getting them. If you can't catch them now, I'm sure you'll be able to soon, or at least trade for them.

I picked up three there. 

Sadly, that seems to be the only way to get eggs today.  I don't super fast internet, it's just not available here.

We've always have this "huge traffic jam", even during the old midnight releases. The only difference is by afternoon a lot of people had the eggs and the traffic had calmed down.

But I seriously do love and thank the Departures thread, they make the new releases more fair for the forums every time smile.gif

Edited by alupe99a

I picked up three there.

Unfortunately, I doubt TJ can account for everyone's internet speed, nor the fact that some people have faster internet than you....I think it would be a lot more polite to give a thank you rather than a 'boo', especially to the creator of this fantastic site that allows it's players to enjoy the game with absolutely no cost, or promotion for memberships, etc...It's a miracle how many people I've seen on new release threads forget simple manners the moment things don't go their way..

Whoo I managed to pick up two of each on my slow tablet! No idea how it actually worked.

LOL ok I caught 1 Blue Flame just 1 MORE TO GO!!! lol

YAY! Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all! xd.png