TJ09

2014-05-03 - May Release

I won't judge these until they've progressed at least another stage. They look promising despite my not being in love with the S1's.

Thanks to TJ and to the artist(s) who made them~ :hugs**

I remember when I first joined DC back in August, it took me almost three hours to catch my first New Release.. I was almost fall off my chair for catching one… biggrin.gif

Now.. I clickssssss on the EGGY like crazy until it pops on my scroll~ xd.png

THANKS again for making this FUN GAME for us~

Edited by HEEDLESS

Took a while, but i'm finally egglocked. Love the look of the hatchies and they're both cute~

The heck!? I just caught a Blue Flame and a Frosty within seconds of each other. And my computer is lagging big time! blink.gif Now all I need is to catch one more Frosty and I'll have a breeding pair for each. *squee* biggrin.gif

Oh jeez! Hubby (DragonballC1) just called He is at a truck stop using their wifi and his laptop and took 2 5min drops to catch his 4 eggs. 1st 5 min drop Alpine and done 2nd 5min drop Volcano and done. I hung up on him lmao!

He just has all the luck. Well gotta go call him back and then bed

TTYL

Grabbed another two volcanoes, as I gifted two to a friend who was having difficulty catching them. They're sooo beautiful, I want to just freeze the egg... Can't wait to see what the adults look like!

Personally, I like the time change. Yes, it is in the middle of the day for me, but that is a good thing. I don't do well staying up late(I work early mornings and staying up that late messes with my sleeping rhythms), and then the excitement would keep me from falling asleep IF I managed to catch them quickly.

Edited by Nectaris

Wow these eggs are cool, Why are all the other habitats empty, though?

You can picture it as that the cave wants to generate a certain amount of eggs, and it does this based on how rare or common a creature ought to be, and then distributes what it generated according to the biome rules.

So what you're seeing is that these guys are being produced en masse because there are none of them yet (picture that as the cave saying "better create a ton of cold-flame and frost eggs, there have been none in the past year! ohmy.gif") and there's so many of them being produced and the others species are deprioritised because there are lots more of those on people's scrolls, the cave ends up with a lot of the cold-flame and frost eggs and none of the others...

Then it distributes them over the biomes. But obviously those two eggs only drop in the Volcano and Alpine. So the other biomes stay empty. smile.gif (Or near-empty. There have been the one or other egg in them in the past few drops, but very few.)

It'll even out soon. smile.gif

Grabbed another two volcanoes, as I gifted two to a friend who was having difficulty catching them. They're sooo beautiful, I want to just freeze the egg... Can't wait to see what the adults look like!

Oh I know! There's a few eggs I'd love to freeze, The Blue Flame just jumped to the top of the list along with Coastal Drakes and Nebulas.

TJ's eggs hatched! biggrin.gif OMG, the hatchlings are adorable. wub.gif

Oh I know! There's a few eggs I'd love to freeze, The Blue Flame just jumped to the top of the list along with Coastal Drakes and Nebulas.

Same here! They're easily in my Top 10 list of favorite egg sprites.

love the designs of the new eggs. just noticed someone mentioning it in another thread. got 3 alpine and 4 volcano ones in under 10 minutes. and am happily locked now.

I figure the white egg is a Swiss beer. It's cold and frosty, and comes from the Alps! smile.gif

Bwawawa this reference made my night! xd.png (nearly 3 in the morning here)

I finally got to see the frost hatchlings and they are as good looking as the flame hatchlings. Congrats to all the spriters involved in the creation of these little beauties! <3

Two of my cannot-drop eggs hatched, so I finally have a pair of each of the new eggs. smile.gif

I hope there are still plenty dropping tomorrow.

*shouts loudly*

I forgoooottt...

Got frosties, just need some volcanoes

edit: and done!

Edited by Shadowdrake

I finally managed to get online and egglock myself with mostly "Frost" ones (only got 2 "flame" ones) ^^; Thank you TJ and spriter(s)!

I snagged four eggs. I'll probably get a couple more when I have room. It took time . . . and it makes me a little bit crazy to hear people tell me how "easy" it is.

One issue that I haven't seen addressed at ALL here . . .

There will only be 11 hours of eggs that will have the date of 5/3/2014. Whether some want to ignore it or not, that's not the point. Having that "first day" date on them makes the eggs more valuable and they can be used to trade for rare dragons that some of us with slow internet speeds can never get otherwise.

So . . . by not having the full 24 hours of eggs with the first day's date, it damages those that have slower speeds and have to wait till everyone else has their eggs anyway. At least before, if they had to wait 16 hours later, the eggs would still have that first day's date on them.

Our "first" day eggs from April's release went to trade for a CB gold. That's the ONLY way we could get one where we live.

The only other gold was caught when I was sitting in the cafeteria at IBM in White Plains NY. Where the Internet is blazing fast.

I do think that having the drop be on Saturday is a good idea.

If it were to start at 12am and the eggs were spread evenly through the day, though, I think it would give everyone a chance to catch at whatever time of day is best for them and they'd STILL have first day eggs.

The die hards will be there at the beginning no matter what time it starts. The only time it would be unfair is if the eggs stopped dropping before the first 24 hours was ended.

-------------------------

I can understand some people's frustration. I completely sympathize.

Yes, there will ALWAYS be complainers.

Honestly, as long as there's NEVER a drop where the eggs virtually disappear after a few hours . . . I think it will work out ok for most people.

I think discussing the VALUE of the first day's eggs would certainly be a GOOD thing.

Everyone is so scared of another Copper/Blusang fiasco (btw, I didn't get ANY of the coppers for months). That one left a lingering fear of failure and unfairness that still sticks like skunk smell.

Oohh the blue flame ones look like they might be good with black dragons! (that is, if i can get any dry.gif )

Yes the new eggs are here yay did not forget but was very busy today.I do hope we still can catch these eggs.I do want four two of each kind.

Aw there are no eggs yet in the maps waiting and watching closley here eggs come to me.

Edited by Laryal

Ahhh, I forgot there was a release! Nabbed a pair of the Alpine ones before reading this thread, then a pair of the Volcano eggs this past five minute drop. That's enough for me today. Hatchlings look interesting, wonder what the adults will look like.

Yay more Black dragons!! >.<

Love them...thanks Spriters