TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I believe you can win a frill, just not a bright pink. ._. Neither can you ask for a zombie or neglected

I think they meant they'd like a prize x Bright Pink.

whoops totally missed them state that because I'm still half asleep e_e

Edited by Erica8798

There actually are some really pretty even-gen prize lineages out there already-- the problem is they're really difficult to work with unless you either have your own CB prize or are able to reliably score 2nd-gen prizes with mates of your choice. Even-gens are very hard to do much with if you can only start from 3g or 4g bases and can't add more prize dragons to the mix. At best, you can advance someone else's semi-checker one generation. I do have some pretty ones like that. But the best thing about winning my own prize dragon, in my opinion, would be that I could build 3rd-gen even-gens in patterns *I* thought up, and probably even swap 2nd-gens with somebody else to make true checkers. :-) Ah well, maybe another year...

I think people overvalue true/perfect 2color checkers from prizes. They oddly monopolize the availability of what's out there. So, say you want to breed a long EG lineage project from shimmers x waters. say you want to take it to just 5g. It takes 8 CB prizes to breed that. That's likely ~ 1 month of breeding of those. So, to achieve one color perfect checker at only 5g (which is a joke in EG long lineage terms) you'll eat up around 2% of all possible CB breedings of that year. (thats assuming 120 CB prizes)

Its also why I advise anyone who truly, really wants to breed EGs to find another pattern to breed than perfect checkers. how about rainbows, 3-color-checkers, or just almost purebreds with the shimmer/tinsel added on top?

examples:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mZ7I1

can easily become something like that later in the life cycle

http://dragcave.net/lineage/OVkSM

without taking up as much cb breeding space.

Advertising purebred perfect checkers will destroy diversity in prizes.

just sayin....

Congrats to all the winners! biggrin.gif

I didn't win anything, but that's the odds. tongue.gif

I hope lots of the new tinsel and shimmer owners will spread their offspring wide and far, so those of us who can't offer high trade values will be able to get medium-gen offspring in a about year (2nd gens never seem to decrease in value, so I'm not hoping to ever be able to afford those, though doing even-gens with them would sure be nice xd.png ). smile.gif

Another Raffle, another no-win. Yeh, figgers. Grats to those who DID win tho.

When it comes to even-gens: I have been contacted or contacted myself by some winners of this year and past years. I think we should be able to create some short even-gens (like 3rd gen even-gens) but I'm sure we'll create a longer one also.

I'm really looking forward to the planned Terrae and Thunder lines...

Oh, yeah, when it comes to breeding:

After everybody on the current list got his dragon (the empty slots are announced in my signature and can be filled) I'll breed Silky a few times (we're talking about 3-4 times) just for the "free trade" or gifting or to swap one or two 2nd gens with other owners to create even-gen lineages. The listed persons then will still have their place on the list, they just need to wait a little longer as I really want to do some gifting in the Take an egg-Leave an egg thread and in the Newbie gifting project.

And, as I often get the question "what do you want for a 2nd gen?"

My scroll goal is to have one caveborn pair of every breed on my scroll. I don't want to have twenty metals, just a pair of each species :-)

At the moment, I don't want to trade them for cb metals, as they're covered with persons who said that they could easily get them. But I am completley fine with one cb copper of any colour or one cb blusang or something of this value.

I really don't need dozens of cb golds for one 2nd gens.

At the moment, the lists are full, but I often get the Pm with something like "well, I don't have a place on your list, but I want to get one place in future and I don't know what I should offer you then?".

I hope the text brought some clairing.

After everybody on the current list got his dragon (the empty slots are announced in my signature and can be filled) I'll breed Silky a few times (we're talking about 3-4 times) just for the "free trade" or gifting or to swap one or two 2nd gens with other owners to create even-gen lineages.

"just" 3-4 breedings for trade is likely a few months, don't forget that in all your euphoria...

When it comes to even-gens: I have been contacted or contacted myself by some winners of this year and past years. I think we should be able to create some short even-gens (like 3rd gen even-gens) but I'm sure we'll create a longer one also.

I'm really looking forward to the planned Terrae and Thunder lines...

Oh, yeah, when it comes to breeding:

After everybody on the current list got his dragon (the empty slots are announced in my signature and can be filled) I'll breed Silky a few times (we're talking about 3-4 times) just for the "free trade" or gifting or to swap one or two 2nd gens with other owners to create even-gen lineages. The listed persons then will still have their place on the list, they just need to wait a little longer as I really want to do some gifting in the Take an egg-Leave an egg thread and in the Newbie gifting project.

And, as I often get the question "what do you want for a 2nd gen?"

My scroll goal is to have one caveborn pair of every breed on my scroll. I don't want to have twenty metals, just a pair of each species :-)

At the moment, I don't want to trade them for cb metals, as they're covered with persons who said that they could easily get them. But I am completley fine with one cb copper of any colour or one cb blusang or something of this value.

I really don't need dozens of cb golds for one 2nd gens.

At the moment, the lists are full, but I often get the Pm with something like "well, I don't have a place on your list, but I want to get one place in future and I don't know what I should offer you then?".

I hope the text brought some clairing.

That sort of thing is good stuff to put in your profile, actually. Then you can point people at something that's easy to find (posts tend to get buried really quickly). smile.gif

ETA: Also, take note of what wb says about breeding - it really *can* be that difficult!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Snow was was a fun challenge for the raffle. Although I didn't win, I hope the winners are all happy with their eggs. smile.gif Another Prize dragon to collect!

Can't wait for next year.

Advertising purebred perfect checkers will destroy diversity in prizes.

just sayin....

If everyone did it, true.

But we love what we love. I adore checkers so if I ever won a prize, that's what I'd want to make the most. :-) The easiest, most diverse lineages are stairsteps, and those are in no danger of dying out anytime soon!

I meant 3-4 breeding tries/applies, if after 4 tries nothimg came out, then I would go back to the list, if after 4 tries I had 4 2nd gens, I would go back to the list :-)

So, no months, only about one, as Tinsels can luckily breed once in the normal 1-week time and not different than other dragons.

I think I'll make an info in my profile. Really, persons are looking in there? In most german forums, the profile is just something nobody ever looks at, I think *lol*

Edited by April2000

I meant 3-4 breeding tries/applies, if after 4 tries nothimg came out, then I would go back to the list, if after 4 tries I had 4 2nd gens, I would go back to the list :-)

So, no months, only about one, as Tinsels can luckily breed once in the normal 1-week time and not different than other dragons.

I think I'll make an info in my profile. Really, persons are looking in there? In most german forums, the profile is just something nobody ever looks at, I think *lol*

Oh, they look if you have something like a Prize dragon or a spriter's alt, trust me! When I opened places on my Shimmer list, I *only* put a note in my profile and I still got over 50 people messaging me for a trade...

She's meaning prizes don't always breed so easily, my own 2nd gen shimmer gives a baby around every second week -either shimmer or a fail :'D and I think many ppl look at profiles

What kind of German forum are you in?

In the German and Austrian dog forums I am in we always look at profiles, to see what dogs people have and what they do with them. biggrin.gif

I'm from Switzerland actually. And your English is really good.

Thanks!

Mainly in book forums, a forum for writers and a cat forum. Strange, maybe I'm in the wrong ones *lol*

Well, there's some info in the profile now.

I didn't win, but at least it was free to play. I didn't lose anything, but I won an epic Snow Fort.

Another year, no email. sleep.gif Guess I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Congrats to those who did win.

I always check the profile if a person has something for trade I'm interested in. If they say something there like "I collect 2nd-gen golds from old pinks" or "I love even-gen checker lineages," then I'll try to breed them one. If they have a tinsel wishlist, I'll look to see if I can produce anything from the list. If they say "My top priority is neglected dragons" then I'll save time and look elsewhere for a trade, because I don't make those. :-)

That, and the numbers are just plain working against us. There are 61 tinsels and 61 shimmers if I count correctly (soon to increase.) Even taking fails into consideration, the prize owners can produce more new lineages each week than I could hope to acquire-- not even if I were to WIN a CB prize myself, I recently realized! Now that I've accepted I'll never catch up, I'm setting some different goals now, and it's much more restful. :-)

I found out that just trying to get ONE line from every cb shimmer can be stressful rolleyes.gif

I completed my 4G set of all 2013 shimmer lines in early december and now there's 120 more to go after blink.gifunsure.gifninja.gif

Curse of my OCD collecting habits!! rolleyes.gif

Well at least is easier and cheaper than collecting all pets and mounts on WoW, since TJ isn't a greedy corporation like Blizzard! tongue.gif

Congratulations to all the winners! ^-^

Can't wait to see what new lineages will be produced. I feel the old ones were growing a little stale. Yay for new blood being added to the DC pool!

For everyone that's down about not winning:

Don't worry yourselves too much. The raffle drawing isn't over just yet. More than likely not every winner will contact TJ before the set deadline. This means more drawings are afoot!

Keep your chins up, it isn't over 'til the Balloon dragon sings! smile.gif

Edited by BlazingAces

Aww, I didn´t win... sad.gif Ohh well grats to the winner though.

I didn't win either. I wonder who won? LOL! I had fun building the fort. wink.gif LOL