TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

As this is my first Raffle, I am curious as to how breeding works for those who win (did not win, but curious nevertheless)

Ime, you take your Prize dragon, you mate it to a CB dragon of whatever breed your current trader/giftee requested, and then you scream a bit when you get the wrong egg or a refusal...

Ime, you take your Prize dragon, you mate it to a CB dragon of whatever breed your current trader/giftee requested, and then you scream a bit when you get the wrong egg or a refusal...

xd.png That really did make me laugh some!

Well prize trading should get less stressful because we now will have a lot more cb owners

By my account we have ("Active" lines only)

48 cb shimmers born in 2013

19 cb tinsels born in 2012

31 cb tinsels born in 2011

---------------------------

= Around 100 cb prize dragons

Now TJ is adding 120 more to the mix so the rarity is bound to drop a bit and 2nd gens will no longer go for an arm and a leg + your firstborn rolleyes.gif

Well prize trading should get less stressful because we now will have a lot more cb owners

By my account we have ("Active" lines only)

48 cb shimmers born in 2013

19 cb tinsels born in 2012

31 cb tinsels born in 2011

---------------------------

= Around 100 cb prize dragons

Now TJ is adding 120 more to the mix so the rarity is bound to drop a bit and 2nd gens will no longer go for an arm and a leg + your firstborn rolleyes.gif

As there may be quite a few winners that are not on the forum, who knows about those odds...

Yeah, but doubling the dragons makes also doubles the chances of a forum-winner :-)

congrate everyone.

at least I know if I win in the future I can get frill, but It seem I can't get old bright pink as prize now.

All 150 have the ability to select roughly any egg from the cave (subject to the same limitations as before: No Valentine/Halloween dragons, no retired breeds except frills, no Legendary Dragons).
Edited by mblansett

I didn't win either.... congrats to the winners.

I know exactly what used up all my luck this year.

I was unemployed for a year and a half, and right before Christmas(the day the raffle contest was announced, actually) I got a job. smile.gif So in a choice between winning a raffle and getting a job.... I'd rather have my job. ^^

I'll try again next year. 5 years of DC and never won anything and all my CB metals were caught 5 years ago too lol. (Except for 3 I traded for)

Maybe some of the winners will be willing to raffle offspring in the IRC like Absolute did. smile.gif Or maybe be willing to join Breeding, Gifting. wink.gif (shameless plug for thread in sig)

The question about getting a Frill is this: There are no Frill eggs now. So, how would you continue the line?

Noticed more people have come forward and expressed their joy at winning a Prize; congratulations! <3

I'm glad to hear prize owners are interested in even gens! They're much harder to continue which puts off some people, but who cares! EG masochists unite! xd.png

I'm glad to hear prize owners are interested in even gens! They're much harder to continue which puts off some people, but who cares! EG masochists unite! xd.png

Yeah, the're quite hard *lol*

There are arleady 4 persons who want/are planning to help with the even gens.

So, there should be some nice 3rd gen checkers, I think!

But the main part will stay stairs, I'm sure. They are just easy to go on with and the're giving the Prize dragon the maximum level of visibilty in the lineage.

Do you have any idea how many of the Prize dragons have undergone name changes after a stubborn streak?

I have a third gen even from Layla, got one baby from her, then someone asked for an egg.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/73yaI

Yeah. dry.gif Haven't changed her name yet, but...blink.gif

Aw, no win this year! tongue.gif Well, I wasn't expecting much anyway, it's my first year after all and all the people who've been on for years and years deserve it too! Congrats to the winners!

Well, there are times when I'd throw in the firstborn for free laugh.gif !

Whoa! Honorable mention!

I hope my requested code is available, I really want it to be a Z!

Edited by Coyote

4th year not getting to be a winner. xd.png Maybe next year.

LOL, someday I will get that code I want.

Whoa! Honorable mention!

congrats! do you mind sharing what you chose?

Congratulations to the winners! smile.gif

(And if anyone is interested in trading 2 gens...)

Whoa! Honorable mention!

Excellent! Congratulations! So, are you hoping for the code (Zzzzz)? xd.png

Whoa! Honorable mention!

Oh nice! Good luck with the code! happy.gif

Only started less than a week before the snow fort event and I won a bronze eastern prize smile.gif Hope my request for code HIjol will be accepted. Anyone who gets that reference will have my mad respect tongue.gif If you can reply in the same language, in full sentence format, with proper grammar, I MAY give you an offspring. Depends how many people respond

No requesting trade offers yet until I get offspring for my friends tongue.gif