TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I'm happy to see so many winners this year. Always a good thing, always =)

Although, I happened upon a grievous error while checking the raffle page: it said I didn't win. Pretty shocking, right? I can't believe something like this would pass by unnoticed. Thankfully, I managed to find out before any real damage had been done. I strongly advise a fix to this bug ASAP, for the entire community of DC -- and perhaps the world-- depend on it.

I'm happy to see so many winners this year. Always a good thing, always =)

Although, I happened upon a grievous error while checking the raffle page: it said I didn't win. Pretty shocking, right? I can't believe something like this would pass by unnoticed. Thankfully, I managed to find out before any real damage had been done. I strongly advise a fix to this bug ASAP, for the entire community of DC -- and perhaps the world-- depend on it.

Oh dear, I seem to be having this issue too! Have you PM'd TJ to let him know about it, Nine? You're my only hope!

(I laughed xd.png <3)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

You know, even gens have always been my favorite. I don't do much breeding simply because it's hard to get mates for most of the lineages I want to make. I've never really been a huge fan of stairsteps, but with the introduction of the prizes, I kinda had to embrace that for sanity's sake lol I really hope I am able to get a mate for my Mabari Echo and Kestranic; those would be some lovely 4Gs. ^.^ It's nice to know other people are interested in even-gen lineages, too. =) I can't wait to see the beautiful lineages people make with some of these new prizes. ^.^

hehe.. Make that three. My shimmer should be popping on my scroll just a little after my birthday.

It felt kind of weird, opening up the "Hey, you won!" thing and being like "..What? No, no.. Can't be.. You're serious?"

I don't think my boyfriend understands my excitement / is very excited either about getting the first shimmer offspring.. Haha. c:

please don't flood my inbox or overclick my eggs.. they're innocent!

x3 Congrats, heee. I won't bother your eggies~

Congratulations to all the winners! smile.gif

I am glad that I am now a much more relaxed and casual DC player. I no longer chase after low gen prizes, no longer have to scan the trading thread a couple times an hour (just in case I miss a low gen trade), no longer have to worry that I am losing out on any new/rare/unique prize lineages.

There are many people who are envious of players who managed to get their hands on low gen prizes and I don't blame them one bit. But, also know this ... we pretty much slave away all our time, energy and effort to get them. People who get pretty CB Prizes due to their luck just had to enter the raffle. People who are out there chasing and collecting those CB offspring OTOH, are pretty much a slave to the game. No one's fault here but my own. I chose to play the game this way so I accept whatever consequences that came with it.

Looking back now, I don't even know if it's worth it. Maybe not every collector have gone through the same experience, but losing friends and making enemies were not why I play this game. I am happy that I have a wonderful collection of 2nd and 3rd gen prizes but are they worth losing my DC sanity? xd.png

Even Gens with Prizes? I'm seriously excited to find more of you interested in doing them. I have a couple set up, and am trying to find a trade for a 2nd gen gold tinsel as a mate for a 2nd gen tinselkin I have to make another. (though if I can ever get a metal egg that works instead I may just do that.) I love even gens best!

I know what people have said about having a hard time trading even gens. They take more work to make mates for, so a lot of people don't do them.

I posted congrats earlier to you guys who won prizes, but more of you are coming forward. I just want again to say how happy I am for you.

Congratulations to all the winners! smile.gif

I am glad that I am now a much more relaxed and casual DC player. I no longer chase after low gen prizes, no longer have to scan the trading thread a couple times an hour (just in case I miss a low gen trade), no longer have to worry that I am losing out on any new/rare/unique prize lineages.

There are many people who are envious of players who managed to get their hands on low gen prizes and I don't blame them one bit. But, also know this ... we pretty much slave away all our time, energy and effort to get them. People who get pretty CB Prizes due to their luck just had to enter the raffle. People who are out there chasing and collecting those CB offspring OTOH, are pretty much a slave to the game. No one's fault here but my own. I chose to play the game this way so I accept whatever consequences that came with it.

Looking back now, I don't even know if it's worth it. Maybe not every collector have gone through the same experience, but losing friends and making enemies were not why I play this game.  I am happy that I have a wonderful collection of 2nd and 3rd gen prizes but are they worth losing my DC sanity?  xd.png

QFT!!! I was getting TOO too caught up in it all early last year-- the adrenaline surge of getting a dozen offers on a mid-gen shimmerscale, offering on shimmer trades and waiting with bated breath, breeding hectically, trading and retrading up the ladder to get my paws on 3rd-gens. Now it's more like hey, I'll play when I play, and when I get a CB metal, I'll see if anyone will offer me a new tinsel/shimmer line for it, but if not, no big deal, because it's impossible to collect every single one anyway, so I'll just keep adding to my collection when it's convenient to do so, and only breed my own lineages when I feel pretty sure it's not going to take hours of angst to find a good trade for the egg. In the meantime, I build EG checkerboards, which I can do satisfyingly regardless of whether the trade boards are busy or deserted. Much nicer this way. :-)

Edited by tjekan

To arlymaye very nicely said smile.gif

tjekan, know what you mean. I do happen to own very nice 2nd gen tinselkins and shimmerkins though smile.gif I am on a waiting list for a 2nd gen somewhere, but I will wait be patient and hold out until than. I am a huge prize collector and if you look at my breeding lists you'll see that I have hundreds of prizes from all generations. Your'e right it is impossible to collect every single line because someone somewhere decides to leave DC or never end up continuing a lineage. It is ok to take a break when this game starts getting to your head. I've had a few tantrums in the past, and I know how insane you can get turned off to a game in a split second if you get too stressed. Best advice for the new winners is to take a breather, realize this is just a game, and learn to say no!

Edited by shovedtbh

To be honest, I kind of don't want a CB Prize.  Having something that rare would ruin the challenge of catching and trading for scroll goals.

I don't understand why it would automatically ruin the challenge of catching and trading.

I prefer to catch and get all dragons (Metals, ND) for my scroll myself and I wouldn't trade for them if I had a CB prize & I wouldn't collect other 2nd-gen prizes => the game wouldn't stop being "exciting" to me. Recently I caught my first CB Copper ever and I was very happy.

You can decide if and what you want to trade the offspring for, it's all up to you. If you're weak-minded and trade your 2d-gens for stuff you could get yourself anytime - yeah, that would ruin the challenge within a short amount of time, I guess.

That being said, I hope the "newbie winners" are not getting influenced or intimidated by the older players who know what to say or to offer to get what they want.

ETA: And I just caught my first CB Green Copper, yeah! xd.png

Edited by Mondat

Oh woah... EG Lineages, pretty please! I personally like spirals and EGs much much better than stairs, and so I'm absolutely thrilled that we might be seeing more of those.

Your'e right it is impossible to collect every single line because someone somewhere decides to leave DC or never end up continuing a lineage.

That, and the numbers are just plain working against us. There are 61 tinsels and 61 shimmers if I count correctly (soon to increase.) Even taking fails into consideration, the prize owners can produce more new lineages each week than I could hope to acquire-- not even if I were to WIN a CB prize myself, I recently realized! Now that I've accepted I'll never catch up, I'm setting some different goals now, and it's much more restful. :-)

Edited by tjekan

I think it's a matter of finding things to do with them. Most older players do seem to have a few personal lineage projects, and a lot of them are even gens--but when it comes to trading them, few people have stuff to match. If I have something nice to trade, and I'm presented with a choice between a CB Copper I can use to further my own lines, or a truly lovely 5g checker that I know I'll never have the patience to breed a mate for--chances are I'll go for the CB Copper. Others likely feel the same. ^^;

Swapping pretty lineage for petty lineage, though, is a different story! :D

Also, you were the one hoping to build checkers with your Shimmers, right? You might've already tried it, but I had success with one CB owner by promising them a 3g checker in return if they gave me the 2g I needed, so maybe that could work for you as well.

Oh yeah, that's so true as well. Gotta have enough CBs to build lineages to begin with! XD

Yup, the one shimmer I have anyway. =p That's actually something I hadn't considered! Alas, the only owners of male gold shimmers I found either a) weren't accepting PMs (so I was too wary to try) or B) had set mates. Thanks for the tip, though. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future hunts. ouo Glad it worked out for you -- that must be one pretty shimmer. <:

Even Gens with Prizes? I'm seriously excited to find more of you interested in doing them. I have a couple set up, and am trying to find a trade for a 2nd gen gold tinsel as a mate for a 2nd gen tinselkin I have to make another. (though if I can ever get a metal egg that works instead I may just do that.) I love even gens best!

Oh yus, it's so exciting now that people are actually talking about EG prizes now. c: Will 2014 be the year of EG prize popularity, hmm? o3o

Edit: Smileys. KEEL THEM WITH FIAR.

Edited by Varekis

Congratulations to all the new prize winners! Alas, I am not one of them. But I wasn't really expecting to win. It seems like I am in good company though!

The Snow Wars event was the best holiday event we've had so far. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! biggrin.gif You can guarantee that I shall be planning to help create some even-gen lineages with my prize baby. I myself have some Tinselkin that need mates and I know there are a lot of others out there who need the same. It's all part of the plan I've got in mind. wink.gif

*ETA* Thanks TJ and artists for another awesome event! I had a lot of fun with building my fort. biggrin.gif <3

Edited by sheppardkid

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! biggrin.gif You can guarantee that I shall be planning to help create some even-gen lineages with my prize baby. I myself have some Tinselkin that need mates and I know there are a lot of others out there who need the same. It's all part of the plan I've got in mind. wink.gif

Yes!! *hops around in a circle* EGs rock! ^.^

If its only for the regular type dragon like a cb shimmer, tinsel, etc. I am not too upset by it. True I don't have a 2nd gen tinsel or shimmer yet but maybe one of these years I will, I would rather have like say a different colored tinsel draggie or shimmer as a prize (rather than a 2nd or cb regular colored one) as in years past. (pink tinsels).

I guess the next event will be the Valentine draggies whom I think I would rather nab than win a 2nd or cb draggie. Have cb silver and 1 cb gold and cb coppers--even cb frills. Soooooo I wouldn't know what I would REALLY want if I did win. blink.gif

Edited by LuvDragons

If its only for the regular type dragon like a cb shimmer, tinsel, etc. I am not too upset by it. True I don't have a 2nd gen tinsel or shimmer yet but maybe one of these years I will, I would rather have like say a different colored tinsel draggie or shimmer as a prize (rather than a 2nd or cb regular colored one) as in years past. (pink tinsels).

I guess the next event will be the Valentine draggies whom I think I would rather nab than win a 2nd or cb draggie. Have cb silver and 1 cb gold and cb coppers--even cb frills. Soooooo I wouldn't know what I would REALLY want if I did win. blink.gif

Usually the raffle occurs every christmas, but never on other holidays.

Edited by DarkEternity

Usually the raffle occurs every christmas, but never on other holidays.

Yeah I know!! I certainly have been around for them in the past 6 years they occurred maybe next year perhaps???? Will be good ol number 7 and some say 7 is supposed to be good luck. Yeah right smile.gif

Oh well got the Feb 14th dragon to look forward to and try to nab a couple of eggs from it. Wonder if TJ is going to allow us to keep more than two of the past V. dragons like he had done with the Xmas ones???

I had fun at the snow ball event!

Congrats to the winners! (As cool as it would be, probably a good thing I'm not one, I would have to do something with it! And I'm not the steadiest of players. tongue.gif )

Doesn't look like I won, Oh well. There is always next year, and I plan on staying on this website for years to come. I mean, even HM would be heat-stopping for me. I kinda was expecting that I would lose, I just joined and don't have much luck. I had A LOT of fun with Snow Wars, and catching Holiday Dragons. Cant wait to see whats in store for Valentine's day! Congrats to those who won, BTW.