TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Honorable mention alt color stripe wud've been cool, and lol all the english please censors xd.png no matter the language same rules apply smile.gif

Honorable mention alt color stripe wud've been cool, and lol all the english please censors xd.png no matter the language same rules apply smile.gif

I think I'd choose a CB coloured Stripe if I had the chance, too. smile.gif It'd just be too cool!

Well the contest is cancelled being as all the - english only - blocks. Just trying to have an interesting contest but oh well sad.gif

So I repeat. I WILL NOT accept trades unless it is awesome.

Define awesome: Cool lineages but not normal ones (Does not matter what breed). Example, someone is offering me a lineage that is made of a Shakespeare sonet. Or one that takes a lot of work. Example, I am making a 16 gen lineage that makes a complete diamond shape

Well the contest is cancelled being as all the - english only - blocks. Just trying to have an interesting contest but oh well sad.gif

So I repeat. I WILL NOT accept trades unless it is awesome.

Define awesome: Cool lineages but not normal ones (Does not matter what breed). Example, someone is offering me a lineage that is made of a Shakespeare sonet. Or one that takes a lot of work. Example, I am making a 16 gen lineage that makes a complete diamond shape

Yeah, was a bit of a shame about the edits. (Even though the only Klingon I can remember means "cheers!" - I think! xd.png)

I wrote a bit of a guide about managing prize dragons and lists, it's here if you need it. smile.gif

Yeah, I actually read it. One of the people on DBC recommended it tongue.gif I don't care much about dragons, I mainly just enjoy odd codes and odd lineages that have never been attempted before. I am trying to make a 16 gen diamond lineage out of two 8 gen staircases that then invert and inbreed on the last level, based on their 15 gen previous grandparents

Yeah, I actually read it. One of the people on DBC recommended it tongue.gif I don't care much about dragons, I mainly just enjoy odd codes and odd lineages that have never been attempted before. I am trying to make a 16 gen diamond lineage out of two 8 gen staircases that then invert and inbreed on the last level, based on their 15 gen previous grandparents

Oh, good stuff. You seem to have a handle on things, anyway. smile.gif

Your lineage idea sounds very interesting! Good luck with it!

Oh, good stuff. You seem to have a handle on things, anyway. smile.gif

Your lineage idea sounds very interesting! Good luck with it!

Here is the plan smile.gif

user posted image

Congratulations to the winners!

And the lineage three posts above looks very neat. Good luck with it!

Edited by Darklight

@Walron: First congrats on the win! But I'm surprised people didn't comment on your lineage idea saying that DC won't display generations past 12g so the diamond would be cut off in a sense. Also I believe it lineages don't go backwards (or under or whatever you want to call it) like that ^ and V. It'll either have to go < (and continue that, but you'd have to breed 2 stairs for a perfect < and do the same thing again with different lines). Or you could have a continuous W smile.gif

@Walron: First congrats on the win! But I'm surprised people didn't comment on your lineage idea saying that DC won't display generations past 12g so the diamond would be cut off in a sense. Also I believe it lineages don't go backwards (or under or whatever you want to call it) like that ^ and V. It'll either have to go < (and continue that, but you'd have to breed 2 stairs for a perfect < and do the same thing again with different lines). Or you could have a continuous W smile.gif

It did occur to me, but Walron wouldn't be the first to breed a lineage that goes off the page...

It did occur to me, but Walron wouldn't be the first to breed a lineage that goes off the page...

I'm also going to assume the diamond shape also occurred to you then (That should have been more obvious to people, imo)? o.o I'm sure it occurred, I'm just not sure why no one mentioned it just for a heads up. Lol He did say he was new so that might have been something he'd like to know.

user posted image

Actually it could be possible. How you'd do it would be to have a normal male line going downwards, a normal female line going upwards, and then genderbend them both to the middle again and breed the two lines together. A REALLY long wave. In order for them to look nice they'd have to be pretty long. I'd say... yeah, 16th gen would be good for that. But it'd be possible sooner than that, it'd just be a smaller diamond.

That's pretty awesome. biggrin.gif

I had an idea to get a lot of long-gen shimmers and breeding all of them together and making a sort of braided line like a herringbone pattern. Alternating male and female lines.

The point where you unite the staircases - does that work currently? It's an interesting idea though

I've got some circle lineages but I'm not exactly sure how a diamond would work, though I'm sure it would look cool :3

I'm also going to assume the diamond shape also occurred to you then (That should have been more obvious to people, imo)? o.o I'm sure it occurred, I'm just not sure why no one mentioned it just for a heads up. Lol He did say he was new so that might have been something he'd like to know.

I'm not sure why. o.o We're probably both on the same page as far as suspecting why nothing was said, but yes.

Meanwhile I just saw it and had to stare at it for a good moment before figuring out that something was wrong; I'm ashamed. xd.png

My brain processes lineage ideas very slowly it seems, ff. x3

Though that WOULD be a nice lineage if it could only work!

We're probably both on the same page as far as suspecting why nothing was said, but yes.

Yeah we probably are. rolleyes.gif Ah, people. rolleyes.gif

@zaverxi: Oh, I see how it could work out now. It was just that he said,

"I am trying to make a 16 gen diamond lineage out of two 8 gen staircases that then invert and inbreed on the last level, based on their 15 gen previous grandparents"

And that got me a bit confused, haha. Didn't think that part out through hard enough. xd.png

EDIT: Also can you not include the big picture? I think just once is enough, it's just my personal preference, but big images kinda irritate me when they start off first because I just want the words. e_e Especially when you have people quote it after each other... .-. Same with quoting on PMs continuously. (which I always ask people if they'd rather talk somewhere else xd.png)

Edited by Saynna

Well it starts at the RS. The original pair have two offspring. Normally it would be a V and then an upside down V. As I stated the final pair would breed together, making it inbred, therefore both bottom and top will appear on the same page. I am new, BUT I do know quite a bit about lineages and it should work. Btw I may make it a 12 gen then tongue.gif

user posted image

They won't match up exactly like your drawing. Wait a minute, yes, you could do that, although they don't need to be inbred, if you start with two pairs.

I've matched a lot of pairs like this -

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EzZT6, creating long arrowheads, or spearpoints since some are 8 or nine gens longs. I drop most in the AP.

I will also be combining four spiral to create this:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...k&count=y&style[inbred]=y&style[bg]=y&style[border]=n

It's a little different. I'd really love it if all the commons were the same breed.

Edited by dragongrrl

Well it starts at the RS. The original pair have two offspring. Normally it would be a V and then an upside down V. As I stated the final pair would breed together, making it inbred, therefore both bottom and top will appear on the same page. I am new, BUT I do know quite a bit about lineages and it should work. Btw I may make it a 12 gen then tongue.gif

Yeah, I see where it works now. wink.gif That was my bad ^^ I'm glad I told you about the 12g then. Wouldn't have wanted you to waste all that time. xd.png Though I'll have to think about the 12g, because it is a complicated lineage and I do believe when you do the ^ and V you need it to be symmetrical to one another as well as themselves and each time you take more of the top edges off the less the generation is there. Hmmmmm.

Just the quick 'congratz, all you lucky winner-types!' with a merry wave in your direction. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I see where it works now. wink.gif That was my bad ^^ I'm glad I told you about the 12g then. Wouldn't have wanted you to waste all that time. xd.png Though I'll have to think about the 12g, because it is a complicated lineage and I do believe when you do the ^ and V you need it to be symmetrical to one another as well as themselves and each time you take more of the top edges off the less the generation is there. Hmmmmm.

user posted image

Here is the new plan biggrin.gif