TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Checkers are very hard to make with the prize dragons because of the difficulty of getting any 2nd gen, let alone enough to make a checker. But I really wish more people would make nice well-planned even gens. I know it is easier to make and continue stairs and spirals, but they also get very boring after awhile. It seems there were more EGs made with the Tinsels, but with the Shimmers everyone is doing stairs. sad.gif

It is not so much the prize winners who determine the lineages made. It is the people who get the 2nd gens, so I hope that more of the people who snag 2nd gens will go that route this year. Please? I see at least one even-gen builder among the prize winners, so hopefully some of those eggs will end up with other even gen enthusiasts.

I know the reason why the checkers are so few(Hard to make and hard to continue),but I do wish there are more.

In fact,the value of checkers and even gens is underestimated,and for a long time.

People are always looking for cb rares or low gens.High gen checkers or even gens are very hard to make,but there are few people who wants to trade them for the price,especially for the common checker.

Thing turns even worse for the prize dragons.People are more willing to get a stair one because they can continue them easy and trade them easier.

I don't expect people will change their mind so soon.There's a long way to go.

The other difficulty with checkers is getting the egg. Especially as both Tinsels and Shimmers are out there, the ratio already works against them. I think Amazon calculated hers at 33% shimmer eggs overall.

But sometimes they do happen. And arrows can be made from stairs which are kinda sorta like even gens.

/glee!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/bvJHd

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5f9Wm

If you lub prizes go raise some commons to help them breed true wink.gif

@ sheppardkid: Congrats (and happy birthday in advance)! Think you're the second Jan-born winner I've noticed so far!

What happened to my birthday gift, eh raffle? laugh.gif

hehe.. Make that three. My shimmer should be popping on my scroll just a little after my birthday.

It felt kind of weird, opening up the "Hey, you won!" thing and being like "..What? No, no.. Can't be.. You're serious?"

I don't think my boyfriend understands my excitement / is very excited either about getting the first shimmer offspring.. Haha. c:

please don't flood my inbox or overclick my eggs.. they're innocent!

Edited by Kojayo55

So I woke up early this morning because I had a 6 hour road-trip ahead of me. Before I left I randomly decided to check my email on my phone. As I'm checking my email, I see one that is formatted oddly and hails from DC. I click on it and see the words "congratulations" and "prize winner." I ACTUALLY WON! My hands were starting to shake as I made the appropriate selections and clicked on save. I still can't believe it! BEST. EARLY. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVAH! (by 2 weeks but still... lol)

For those of you curious, I won a CB Bronze Tinsel. biggrin.gif And I've already got a plan in mind on how I'm going to gift/trade 2nd gen babies. That said, I'm not planning on taking trades right off the bat and will put something in my signature/profile when ready. wink.gif

Oh wow, what an awesome birthday present, congrats hun! ^.^

The other difficulty with checkers is getting the egg. Especially as both Tinsels and Shimmers are out there, the ratio already works against them. I think Amazon calculated hers at 33% shimmer eggs overall.

But sometimes they do happen. And arrows can be made from stairs which are kinda sorta like even gens.

/glee!

i personally love arrowheads but their market value is almost 0. and this game is dictated by trade market whether we like it or not.

In fact,the value of checkers and even gens is underestimated,and for a long time.

People are always looking for cb rares or low gens.High gen checkers or even gens are very hard to make,but there are few people who wants to trade them for the price,especially for the common checker.

*nods head* Yeah. I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't a greater interest in EGs (especially 4G+). I mean, I've been around on DC since 2009. Trading for pretty EGs has become a way of preventing scroll rot because it gives me something new to work on when I have exhausted all my other projects. I figured older players would view EGs in a similar way but I guess that's not reflected in the trades. ouo

Edit:

hehe.. Make that three. My shimmer should be popping on my scroll just a little after my birthday.

It felt kind of weird, opening up the "Hey, you won!" thing and being like "..What? No, no.. Can't be.. You're serious?"

I don't think my boyfriend understands my excitement / is very excited either about getting the first shimmer offspring.. Haha. c:

Three! Oh god, you guys. You have no idea how awesome this is because like, I know NO ONE else irl born in Jan. It's like you all exist on the internet... oh wait... :P

But haha! That's cute. x3 Congratulations on your win (aaand happy birthday in advance to you too :P). ^^

Edit 2: Oh the irony of just breeding a non-EG egg with 'EG' as the first two letters of its code. XD

Edited by Varekis

/glee!

I almost cried of happiness when I saw this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/U4tTT

It's nothing special. Angelic Color was the fruit of a crazy test I did. It was a gift I made on the departures thread and I'm so happy someone continued it's crazy lineage (even if the baby ended up being frozen - it still looks nice). I only made another one arrowhead from that pair. I'm making stairs with them now it's easier for the people I gift to to continue the lineages, though I do like big messy arrowhead lineages lol

Edited by LaHaine

Nice, congratulations on your win hun! ^.^ And oh my gosh, why would anyone do that to your eggies?! sad.gif *gets out the BIG shteek* =.=

That's awesome, congrats! biggrin.gif (FYI, I did an advice thread here for managing CB raffle prizes.)

So I woke up early this morning because I had a 6 hour road-trip ahead of me. Before I left I randomly decided to check my email on my phone. As I'm checking my email, I see one that is formatted oddly and hails from DC. I click on it and see the words "congratulations" and "prize winner." I ACTUALLY WON! My hands were starting to shake as I made the appropriate selections and clicked on save. I still can't believe it! BEST. EARLY. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVAH! (by 2 weeks but still... lol)

For those of you curious, I won a CB Bronze Tinsel. biggrin.gif And I've already got a plan in mind on how I'm going to gift/trade 2nd gen babies. That said, I'm not planning on taking trades right off the bat and will put something in my signature/profile when ready. wink.gif

Congrats, sheppardkid! And to all the other winners too, of course; it's just that, like some others, I'm super excited to see an even-gens fan get a prize. biggrin.gif

Nice, congratulations on your win hun! ^.^ And oh my gosh, why would anyone do that to your eggies?! sad.gif *gets out the BIG shteek* =.=

I saw somebody who had been posting on this thread and had one of the scroll banners in their sig like mine with a tinsel sitting in it. Poor thing had like 16 clicks.

and thank you very much

Edited by Kojayo55

I saw somebody who had been posting on this forum and had one of the scroll banners in their sig like mine with a tinsel sitting in it. Poor thing had like 16 clicks.

Oh, well that's not too bad. ^.^ Back in the hayday of fansites, I used to get between 10 and 50 regularly, oftentimes more; there are even still some fansites around where you actually have to click stuff to get clicks for your eggs, so that might be part of it too, maybe? I've got one special {incredibly stubborn >,<} little dragon that has almost 150 clicks. lol And if I am not mistaken, it's more the views ratios that can hurt them, like if they have several thousand Overall Views in a very short amount of time. As long as it's just clicks, the little one should be fine, no worries. ^.^ <3

{EDIT: You are most welcome, hun. ^.^}

Edited by Riannon

I saw somebody who had been posting on this thread and had one of the scroll banners in their sig like mine with a tinsel sitting in it. Poor thing had like 16 clicks.

and thank you very much

congrats!

I think 16 clicks won't be a big problem.Clicks help eggs to hatch too.

Oh, well that's not too bad. ^.^ Back in the hayday of fansites, I used to get between 10 and 50 regularly, oftentimes more; there are even still some fansites around where you actually have to click stuff to get clicks for your eggs, so that might be part of it too, maybe? I've got on very special {incredibly stubborn >,<} little dragon that has almost 150 clicks. lol And if I am not mistaken, it's more the views ratios that can hurt them, like if they have several thousand Overall Views in a very short amount of time. As long as it's just clicks, the little one should be fine, no worries. ^.^ <3

{EDIT: You are most welcome, hun. ^.^}

Oh, well, that's relieving to know. I thought some people might have been clicking it thinking it was one of this year's prizes or something. I could see myself doing something like that. c:

I almost cried of happiness when I saw this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/U4tTT

It's nothing special. Angelic Color was the fruit of a crazy test I did. It was a gift I made on the departures thread and I'm so happy someone continued it's crazy lineage (even if the baby ended up being frozen - it still looks nice). I only made another one arrowhead from that pair. I'm making stairs with them now it's easier for the people I gift to to continue the lineages, though I do like big messy arrowhead lineages lol

Oh thanks for posting this! I've been wondering if merging arrowheads would be pretty and kind of lacey. That does look quite nice imo!

/plots more lacey arrow er, arrow-gens? xd.png

It's so interesting that there are multiple prize-winners with January birthdays. What an awesome birthday present!

(Just my 2cents, I understand being disappointed by not winning; I clicked that link in TJ's OP and saw the "not a winner" message and was definitely disappointed. Stared at it for like 15 seconds.

But I LOVED the Snow Fort event! Seriously, no exaggeration, to me it was the funnest holiday-event we've had on DC. Possibly because snow is non-existent where I live. I had a blast with that event, changed my entire fort design multiple times... So what if I didn't win a prize? That WAS my prize. I haven't enjoyed myself on DC that much in a long time.

And I know so many people are so picky about lineages, but I have multiple Tinsels and one Shimmerscale on my scroll, *because* I'm willing to take what I can get. I'd rather have one 6-gen Shimmerscale then none at all. And I know from experience through the years that many people complaining about not winning aren't going to "settle" like that. *shrugs* Their loss.

Congrats to All those who won

Of course people are going to be upset they didn't win, but given the odds we had, did you really think we had a shot? lol

There's always next year! unsure.gif

And I know so many people are so picky about lineages, but I have multiple Tinsels and one Shimmerscale on my scroll, *because* I'm willing to take what I can get. I'd rather have one 6-gen Shimmerscale then none at all. And I know from experience through the years that many people complaining about not winning aren't going to "settle" like that. *shrugs* Their loss.

You might be willing to "settle" for something you don't want - oh wait, you DO want it. It took me a long time to get some nice lineages, and I had to do some pretty gnarly trades for a couple of them, but you CAN get some nice stuff, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to what you actually want. You make this sound like an insult. =\ I'm sorry you didn't win and "had to settle", but kindly don't try to make those of us who stick to our guns feel like scum. This is a game, for heaven's sake. Enjoy it. lol

*nods head* Yeah. I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't a greater interest in EGs (especially 4G+). I mean, I've been around on DC since 2009. Trading for pretty EGs has become a way of preventing scroll rot because it gives me something new to work on when I have exhausted all my other projects. I figured older players would view EGs in a similar way but I guess that's not reflected in the trades. ouo

I think it's a matter of finding things to do with them. Most older players do seem to have a few personal lineage projects, and a lot of them are even gens--but when it comes to trading them, few people have stuff to match. If I have something nice to trade, and I'm presented with a choice between a CB Copper I can use to further my own lines, or a truly lovely 5g checker that I know I'll never have the patience to breed a mate for--chances are I'll go for the CB Copper. Others likely feel the same. ^^;

Swapping pretty lineage for petty lineage, though, is a different story! biggrin.gif

Also, you were the one hoping to build checkers with your Shimmers, right? You might've already tried it, but I had success with one CB owner by promising them a 3g checker in return if they gave me the 2g I needed, so maybe that could work for you as well.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy