TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

So I woke up early this morning because I had a 6 hour road-trip ahead of me. Before I left I randomly decided to check my email on my phone. As I'm checking my email, I see one that is formatted oddly and hails from DC. I click on it and see the words "congratulations" and "prize winner." I ACTUALLY WON! My hands were starting to shake as I made the appropriate selections and clicked on save. I still can't believe it! BEST. EARLY. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVAH! (by 2 weeks but still... lol)

For those of you curious, I won a CB Bronze Tinsel. biggrin.gif And I've already got a plan in mind on how I'm going to gift/trade 2nd gen babies. That said, I'm not planning on taking trades right off the bat and will put something in my signature/profile when ready. wink.gif

So I woke up early this morning because I had a 6 hour road-trip ahead of me. Before I left I randomly decided to check my email on my phone. As I'm checking my email, I see one that is formatted oddly and hails from DC. I click on it and see the words "congratulations" and "prize winner." I ACTUALLY WON! My hands were starting to shake as I made the appropriate selections and clicked on save. I still can't believe it! BEST. EARLY. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVAH! (by 2 weeks but still... lol)

For those of you curious, I won a CB Bronze Tinsel. biggrin.gif And I've already got a plan in mind on how I'm going to gift/trade 2nd gen babies. That said, I'm not planning on taking trades right off the bat and will put something in my signature/profile when ready. wink.gif

Congrats!

I am curious if there's winners who makes checkers>I love checkers,but for prize dragons,always stairs.

Grats Sheppard! It seems a few people got prizes on/near their birthday.

At least, I think that is the case.

So I woke up early this morning because I had a 6 hour road-trip ahead of me.  Before I left I randomly decided to check my email on my phone.  As I'm checking my email, I see one that is formatted oddly and hails from DC.  I click on it and see the words "congratulations" and "prize winner."  I ACTUALLY WON!  My hands were starting to shake as I made the appropriate selections and clicked on save.  I still can't believe it!  BEST. EARLY. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVAH! (by 2 weeks but still... lol) 

For those of you curious, I won a CB Bronze Tinsel. biggrin.gif  And I've already got a plan in mind on how I'm going to gift/trade 2nd gen babies.  That said, I'm not planning on taking trades right off the bat and will put something in my signature/profile when ready. wink.gif

Eeeeeee! Huge congrats! biggrin.gif

(Plus, it'll probably be in about two weeks that eggs are handed out, so there's that. smile.gif )

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I am curious if there's winners who makes checkers>I love checkers,but for prize dragons,always stairs.

I'd love to make checkers with my 2Gs, but since I refuse to make stairs, I can only make things like this.

I'm tempted to to influence the next one I get as the same gender as the CB, and only make a checker with it, but I'm not sure how well that'd trade.

Grats Sheppard! It seems a few people got prizes on/near their birthday.

At least, I think that is the case.

My birthday is around Aug,there's no chance that I can win near my birthday.

Congrats guys biggrin.gif

Too bad I didn't win an honorable mention. A Prowl coded trp would have been the best ehe <3

Congrats! It nice to see one posted in the Pegasus Galaxy! biggrin.gif

I'd love to make checkers with my 2Gs, but since I refuse to make stairs, I can only make things like this.

I'm tempted to to influence the next one I get as the same gender as the CB, and only make a checker with it, but I'm not sure how well that'd trade.

That's really amazing,except inbred(I don't like that).

Yes,you must have a very good luck to get a pair to make a checker.I have seen a lot of 3rd gen checker,but no 4th gen non-inbred checker at all.It seems impossible to find one.

Squeee! Congrats!

Congrats to the winners.

Damn, I wish some of my team's luck rubbed off on me. Well, at least they on and we're heading to the AFC Championship. biggrin.gif

Congrats everyone! Enjoy your new dragons. biggrin.gif

I shall just continue my hunt for a 2nd gen!

Congratulations to all winners! Didn't win, (Really wasn't expecting it since this is my first year on DC), but I did have fun with Snow wars. :D

Grats to all who won! Didn't win this time either haha. Hopefully next year third times the charm.

Checkers are very hard to make with the prize dragons because of the difficulty of getting any 2nd gen, let alone enough to make a checker. But I really wish more people would make nice well-planned even gens. I know it is easier to make and continue stairs and spirals, but they also get very boring after awhile. It seems there were more EGs made with the Tinsels, but with the Shimmers everyone is doing stairs. sad.gif

It is not so much the prize winners who determine the lineages made. It is the people who get the 2nd gens, so I hope that more of the people who snag 2nd gens will go that route this year. Please? I see at least one even-gen builder among the prize winners, so hopefully some of those eggs will end up with other even gen enthusiasts.

Edited by purplehaze

4th year in a row and still nothing for me. congrats to the winners though.

WB

Checkers are very hard to make with the prize dragons because of the difficulty of getting any 2nd gen, let alone enough to make a checker. But I really wish more people would make nice well-planned even gens. I know it is easier to make and continue stairs and spirals, but they also get very boring after awhile. It seems there were more made with the Tinsels, but with the Shimmers everyone is doing stairs. sad.gif

It is not so much the prize winners who determine the lineages made. It is the people who get the 2nd gens, so I hope that more of the people who snag 2nd gens will go that route this year. Please?

Hear, hear! I've been hoping to score some mates for my 2G prizes/prizekins to make EGs but alas, no luck so far! I'm hoping with the fresh blood, I'll finally be able to get hold of some. :3 (Fingers crossed there are more male gold shimmers this year round especially... god knows how much difficulty I've had in that area alone xd.png)

@ sheppardkid: Congrats (and happy birthday in advance)! Think you're the second Jan-born winner I've noticed so far!

What happened to my birthday gift, eh raffle? laugh.gif

Edited by Varekis

My first year entering and no win, but oh well! I'll get it eventually and keep saving the name Shim Whitman for my dream CB Shimmerscale. Congrats to all the winners. <3

Checkers are very hard to make with the prize dragons because of the difficulty of getting any 2nd gen, let alone enough to make a checker. But I really wish more people would make nice well-planned even gens. I know it is easier to make and continue stairs and spirals, but they also get very boring after awhile. It seems there were more EGs made with the Tinsels, but with the Shimmers everyone is doing stairs. sad.gif

It is not so much the prize winners who determine the lineages made. It is the people who get the 2nd gens, so I hope that more of the people who snag 2nd gens will go that route this year. Please? I see at least one even-gen builder among the prize winners, so hopefully some of those eggs will end up with other even gen enthusiasts.

I would *love* to see more even gens. Some of my favorite-ist shinys are evens. wub.gif