Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I got the email today saying I won! After five years!!!! My prize code is "Fifth" for the fifth contest/raffle I've participated in. So, without further ado, here is Fifth!

I just made this forum account today so that I could start trading/gifting -- never had a reason to before (certainly did lurk a lot, though). I'm super excited to be a prize winner, finally! Congrats to the other winners, and best of luck to everyone else in future redraws AND raffles.

I got the email today saying I won! After five years!!!! My prize code is "Fifth" for the fifth contest/raffle I've participated in. So, without further ado, here is Fifth!

I just made this forum account today so that I could start trading/gifting -- never had a reason to before (certainly did lurk a lot, though). I'm super excited to be a prize winner, finally! Congrats to the other winners, and best of luck to everyone else in future redraws AND raffles.

Congratulations! And that code is a great way to commemorate a victory after five years. ^.^

So imagine my surprise when I saw I was drawn as one of the alternate winners for third place.

Amity the Bronze Tinsel is currently quietly hidden while I decide what I want to do with it (what influence and what mate, mostly) but I figured I'd let people know I'm one of the new owners.

Also since I missed the question, yes, I made badges for a few people, and I also used GIMP because I'm poor haha.

Although be careful with downloading it, apparently it had issues a few weeks ago with some sort of malware tagging along. I'm pretty sure it's safe by now, though.

Oh well... at least I can hopefully bargain for some 2nd gens. And who knows, maybe my Halloween dragon I'm working on will be accepted this year and I can have a spriter alt...

Wow, that's prompt.

Also, congratulations on winning and picking a spectacular code!  Who wrote/animated/played your favorite Joker?

Thank you. :3 I've enjoyed pretty much every interpretation of the Joker that's out there, but if I had to choose one? Mark Hamill. I grew up on the animated series and I have no trouble at all hearing his voice in my head whenever I read the character in comic form. That voice is just iconic. Love the Arkham games too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Jared Leto does with the character in the new DC movieverse too. I've been a fan of Leto's acting/music for years - I was SO thrilled to hear he landed the role! Ledger was amazing and nobody can ever replace him, but given a different interpretation, I think Leto will do him justice.

Comic-wise, I'm a huge fan of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, the current writer/artist team on the main Batman title. I loved "Death of the Family" and the sequel ("Endgame") they're doing right now with Joker is just insane (in a good way). Also anything by Grant Morrison ("Arkham Asylum", "Batman R.I.P.") and of course, "The Killing Joke" by Moore and Bolland. All highly recommended.

Anyway, I could talk Joker all day but I'll stop now. heh I'm glad to see the other redraw winners are receiving their prizes too. Congrats again everyone! cool.gif

Congrats to all the new winners. Hope you have better luck with your influences than I did. *glares at Jinkx*

If anyone with art skills would consider making me a banner for him, I'd be forever grateful.

Now I just have to decide whether or not to try and breed him now, or wait until Sunday. (He probably doesn't deserve to do anything besides be a donor right away.)

I saw an email this afternoon that I was one of the winners. It's the first time I've ever won a raffle in my life T_T (it looks like I was a back-up winner but it still counts!) My computer's hard drive died during the Christmas event so I pretty much gave up on winning with my 3 pitiable entries. I was looking through my email when I noticed it in my junk mail xd.png

I've got a bronze egg and I have no idea what to breed it with. I don't really pay attention to my breeding habits so my scroll is too full of inbreeds and weird lineages unsure.gif

Wooo, James grew up, and gifted me with a shiny complete with awesome code: JrGUY.

The mate will probably get a rename to an older/better known Bond Girl (the current name is from the upcoming SPECTRE)

Also, the question was asked a while a go, but I've been making people badges with photoshop CS4. I also quite like FireAlpaca; it's far simpler, and also free. - I found GIMP to buggy and difficult on my mac.

Wooo, James grew up, and gifted me with a shiny complete with awesome code: JrGUY.

The mate will probably get a rename to an older/better known Bond Girl (the current name is from the upcoming SPECTRE)

Also, the question was asked a while a go, but I've been making people badges with photoshop CS4. I also quite like FireAlpaca; it's far simpler, and also free. - I found GIMP to buggy and difficult on my mac.

That code is brilliant! Congrats.

Wow, some guys have all the luck! smile.gif That's fantastic.

I've decided to wait to breed Jinkx on Sunday. That way I can keep one offspring, and hopefully share them with others in the AP.

Going by Bond films, the mate really should be Honey Ryder, no? smile.gif

Does anyone know how many entries there were in the raffle?

I really have no idea what gender I want to influence Fifth, or what to breed Fifth to. This is very overwhelming! (But also exciting!)

Edited by Science

Fairy will grow up too late to breed her before Val day, if I want to breed her on my b-day (Feb 13th) So I am going to wait till my b-day to breed to to one of my Radiant Angels. Be on the lookout for super awesome Rei Birthday, Fairy x Radiant Angel babies in the AP! (Totally gonna keep my b-day Angel <3)

That... shiny on the first breeding, the code is absolutely PERFECT (even the caps) - because he'll be a guy, and he's junior, and on top of that he's the firstborn. I just... wow. I hope I have that kind of insane luck (although I probably used that luck summoning a GoN on the same day as my Tinsel - hoping they don't refuse.

Wow, some guys have all the luck! smile.gif That's fantastic.

I've decided to wait to breed Jinkx on Sunday. That way I can keep one offspring, and hopefully share them with others in the AP.

Going by Bond films, the mate really should be Honey Ryder, no? smile.gif

Actually, Honey Rider/Ryder is Dr. No; Licence to Kill would be Lupe Lamora. Which actually is a good idea for his first mate *runs to change names*

Also, on checking the facts I discovered that there is a Wikipedia page devoted to the White Bikini of Ursula Andress (ie the actress who played Honey). Which is irrelevant but hilarious.

Actually, Honey Rider/Ryder is Dr. No; Licence to Kill would be Lupe Lamora. Which actually is a good idea for his first mate *runs to change names*

Also, on checking the facts I discovered that there is a Wikipedia page devoted to the White Bikini of Ursula Andress (ie the actress who played Honey). Which is irrelevant but hilarious.

Oh, I was referencing Dr. No since Honey was the first film Bond girl, and this would be James' first mate. But if James is being played by Timothy Dalton, then obviously not. I love the name Lupe Lamora. Go for it!

LOL about a page for the Bikini. Of course, there used to be an entire website devoted to David Bowie's 'area', so I shouldn't be shocked. wink.gif

lol...

The things you learn xd.png

I would love to get the name Heavy for Metal's mate, but pretty much anything such as that is taken. So, looking at two words I reserved One Heavy on a purple nebula :3

Also very tempted to try bands.

Darn it Ragna, you didn't give me anything this week... hope you don't turn out to be stubborn >.>

Ah well, I still love him =p

Glad to see everyone else's successes though!

Oh, I was referencing Dr. No since Honey was the first film Bond girl, and this would be James' first mate. But if James is being played by Timothy Dalton, then obviously not. I love the name Lupe Lamora. Go for it!

LOL about a page for the Bikini. Of course, there used to be an entire website devoted to David Bowie's 'area', so I shouldn't be shocked. wink.gif

Ohhhh, I see what you were going for...

I like that idea too actually. I'll think on it; might change it later on. Hmmm.....

And wow did not know about that /totally didn't just look it up

Little Lunio not only gendered correctly, but also successfully bred with his first mate!

Lady Raphy gave me a fail because she knows I love stripes. xd.png At least she likes her main mate.

Nice to see people getting successful on their first tries. It seems to me prize breeding ratios have gone up. I hope I get a shiny on my first try (I'll probably fall in to the temptation to breed with a Brute for the first time and have a 0% chance of a shiny xd.png)

Nice to see people getting successful on their first tries. It seems to me prize breeding ratios have gone up. I hope I get a shiny on my first try (I'll probably fall in to the temptation to breed with a Brute for the first time and have a 0% chance of a shiny xd.png)

You'll find out tomorrow. biggrin.gif Good luck!