Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I received a reasonable number of PMs asking about trades, which I either accepted or declined for the time, and only a couple of outright begging ones. Those were not rude, though, and no one pressed their point in a bad way. I haven't had any since I posted in my profile that my list was either uncertain or closed.

Overall, a good experience. smile.gif

My first PM was within minutes of me saying I'd won a raffle redraw, and I received a few more after that until I put a note in my signature directing to my profile for more info (and the dang thing hasn't even hatched yet!). They weren't annoying or anything, just one more thing I get to add on top of a stressful day. xd.png All in all it hasn't been too bad.

I actually really wish it wasn't necessary to stick up "no PMs!" all over the place, but it is about the only thing that works. No such statement = please PM me! to most users. :/

My brat baby only made one eggie to send to the AP, but I'd like to congratulate the person that caught it. wink.giflaugh.gif I think they are uniquely qualified to carry it on!and maybe even make a 3G checker

I caught it after nearly eight hours of fruitless hunting for prizekin, and was ecstatic when it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm definitely making a checker out of it, and who knows - maybe I'll find another before the event is over and be able to make it 4G!

I caught it after nearly eight hours of fruitless hunting for prizekin, and was ecstatic when it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm definitely making a checker out of it, and who knows - maybe I'll find another before the event is over and be able to make it 4G!

*squees* That's just amazing! Yay for checkers! I do hope you find more-I just don't have that kind of dedication blink.gif

It did take me a couple minutes to realize the scroll it landed on and you were the same Bucket, and I was sososo happy it actually wound up in a place that *could* stair/checker it properly <3

I actually really wish it wasn't necessary to stick up "no PMs!" all over the place, but it is about the only thing that works.  No such statement = please PM me! to most users.  :/

I was actually able to take the "no PMs!!!!!" message out of my sig after a few days and PMs have stayed to a reasonable level. Most have been questions regarding where to get views, a few looking to swap and a couple of polite requests.

Overall it's been a generally positive experience. And I've certainly made no effort of my winning a secret, which has been nice.

Edited by dothefreddy

I am slowly but surely collecting a vast majority of codes, mostly thanks to the people offering to help search. smile.gif

97/150 bronze shimmers

61/100 silver shimmers

39/50 gold shimmers

93/150 bronze tinsels

56/100 silver tinsels

23/50 gold tinsels

The numbers of all of them are slowly but surely creeping up. Especially the gold shimmer winners, only 11 to go. O.o

(If anyone is also collecting codes and/or would like to help, PM me and I'll share the link with you since I can't post it)

I'm helping with the list when I can. Getting harder to find ones not on it already.

Considering how quickly that occurred this time, I fear how many prize eggs are just sitting on the scrolls, forgotten and dying.

I also wonder how many times TJ does redraws. Just the one time or until all 'slots' have a response?

I'm helping with the list when I can. Getting harder to find ones not on it already.

Considering how quickly that occurred this time, I fear how many prize eggs are just sitting on the scrolls, forgotten and dying.

I also wonder how many times TJ does redraws. Just the one time or until all 'slots' have a response?

I'd like to hope that he keeps redrawing but I highly doubt it. xd.png Too much work on his part. And I'm pretty sure there's a CB prize that *IS* still sitting on someone's scroll. :/ It's been fogged on the scroll for over a week now and there's no scroll activity. Though they were definitely around in the end of December since they have Mistletoes.

Maybe they're protected from dying in other ways too? I hope they don't start ticking down time until they're unfogged because otherwise that one egg is dead. Pretty sure it's a prize since the code looks like it was picked out.

I've only gotten 8 PMs about Rogue, despite not having a sign limiting the PMs.

And a word to you, if you sent me a PM and I haven't replied— I don't want to get too swamped right now, but hopefully I'll get back to you.

I was pleasantly surprised not to get any "plz breed me a shimmr" messages. All were from people asking politely. Actually winning hasn't been as stressful as expected so far.

I also wanted to thank the people in this thread so much, as they made breeding much easier on me. Now I'm all set, except for a fancy signature badge for him. xd.png

Edited by Meg_752

Just a question. Are winners already receiving the unwanted PMs?

Not I!

But I really haven't been very vocal about the win before now, so that could be why.

I've seen a CB Prize die on someone's scroll this year, so they certainly *aren't* immune to death by other means. :s

I've seen a CB Prize die on someone's scroll this year, so they certainly *aren't* immune to death by other means. :s

That's terrible, I hope it's either revived or given to somebody else sad.gif

Eugh, that's awful. I know CB prizes are protected from sickness, but it's still kind of heart attack-inducing to see the sickness message on Orkid. xd.png;

That's terrible, I hope it's either revived or given to somebody else sad.gif

I don't think it will. It seems once the egg is on the persons scroll, TJ doesn't care what happens to it. We've had CB Prize owners get their scrolls burned and those prizes didn't get redistributed.

I wish it wasn't like that....

Well, I am still waiting for a CB prize owner to pm me and trying to force me to trade them my metals. smile.gif

On a more realistiv note, I think the advent of so many more prizes, has made it really tedious to try and get more of them as IOU, when for sure there'll be a lot more people wanting to just trade without lists. in this thread alone, I'm sure we've seen 10 people who state that they won't do lists.

Oh no. D: Which one? I wish they did get bumped down the list of people who were eligible for winning.

You know... that'd be an awesome way to run the raffle. Have, say, 1200 people on the list for 600 prizes. First 50, gold shimmer, 2nd 50, gold tinsel, then next 100, silver shimmer, then next 100, silver tinsel, 150 bronze shimmer, 150 bronze tinsel. Then the remaining 600, after two weeks, get emails in order of 601-1200 for the various levels. If 20 people in the first 50 don't respond, 601-621 get mails for that, and so on and so forth. Even if there's 200 redraws, if any of those redraws don't respond, person 801 gets pinged, and goes down the list until every single one is safely on a scroll and grown up. If a prize dies, it's re-added into the pool. Reincarnation! Or if someone's scroll is burned, take those babies out and reroll them as well. It's a real shame for there to be all these lovely prizes out there and no love for them by the ones who won.

Oh no. D: Which one? I wish they did get bumped down the list of people who were eligible for winning.

You know... that'd be an awesome way to run the raffle. Have, say, 1200 people on the list for 600 prizes. First 50, gold shimmer, 2nd 50, gold tinsel, then next 100, silver shimmer, then next 100, silver tinsel, 150 bronze shimmer, 150 bronze tinsel. Then the remaining 600, after two weeks, get emails in order of 601-1200 for the various levels. If 20 people in the first 50 don't respond, 601-621 get mails for that, and so on and so forth. Even if there's 200 redraws, if any of those redraws don't respond, person 801 gets pinged, and goes down the list until every single one is safely on a scroll and grown up. If a prize dies, it's re-added into the pool. Reincarnation! Or if someone's scroll is burned, take those babies out and reroll them as well. It's a real shame for there to be all these lovely prizes out there and no love for them by the ones who won.

I'd love for this to happen...unfortunately I think it would be a big headache for TJ. Hell, if I remember right, the number of prizes we got this year was the reason we didn't have the option of HMs this time around. A lot of work....

/fistbump!

Metal gendered correctly. Purple and green nebula mates, here I come!

/happy dance!

I did notice that prizes were not immune to vamps. I am guessing not to earthquake either.

I also haven't been deluged with PMs, I don't recall last year being that bad either except for people that opened lists trying to manage them, really. Hence, no list.

Isabella gendered correctly as well. (She shares her name with Isabella D'Este, a Renaissance art patron.)

Just curious--any other prize owners interested in trying to create a "PB" even gen lineage, where every dragon from gen two on is a prize? This would be pretty easy to accomplish through 2nd gen swaps.

Eugh, that's awful. I know CB prizes are protected from sickness, but it's still kind of heart attack-inducing to see the sickness message on Orkid. XD;

My little worm is still sick and the guy's barely amassed an unusual view count... 7:1 ratio and a UV count that I've seen ER dragons pass.

I'm beginning to think CB Prize dragons are perpetually ill and sickly, and the only reason their breed hasn't gone extinct is through hybridization with other dragons. Would explain why you can't find them in cave... they catch the flu if you look at them wrong.

My little worm is still sick and the guy's barely amassed an unusual view count... 7:1 ratio and a UV count that I've seen ER dragons pass.

I'm beginning to think CB Prize dragons are perpetually ill and sickly, and the only reason their breed hasn't gone extinct is through hybridization with other dragons. Would explain why you can't find them in cave... they catch the flu if you look at them wrong.

I like this theory a lot, on a lore level. Otherwise, CB prizes seem to get sick the same amount as other prizes. Prizes are just finicky like that.

Edited by The_Bucket

Isabella gendered correctly as well. (She shares her name with Isabella D'Este, a Renaissance art patron.)

Just curious--any other prize owners interested in trying to create a "PB" even gen lineage, where every dragon from gen two on is a prize? This would be pretty easy to accomplish through 2nd gen swaps.

LOL @Nine, you may have something there.

As far as swaps, did that google spreadsheet take off? I remember seeing it mentioned in the original prize thread, but that was some time ago.

The good thing about being a back-up prize winner, I think the people that were impatient to make trades for 2nd gens went after the first winners so we won't see that big rush. The bad thing, the majority have already set their trades and lists so it may be a little harder to find partners. Just to do a 4th gen checker will require a 4 pairs, would could be 4 weeks of breeding for one checker for everyone to swap. People expecting to be deluged with 2nd gen offers may not be thinking practically.

A lot more people have jumped onto the prize winner G2 swap spreadsheet. If anyone else wants to be added, just PM me smile.gif

Most people who were open to 2G swaps still are. Personally I don't see the appeal of a lineage like that, but that's the beauty of having a CB prize. Lots of pretty lineage options, plus the trade fodder to expand them.