Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I was one of the backup winners!!!! laugh.gif My little bronze cutie appeared on my scroll today. *excited*

Congrats to you! smile.gif

I'm hoping next week my breeding attempt for my prize works out, but I'll be busy with V-Day stuff anyway xd.png

Congrats to all the new winners! biggrin.gif

Yellowstone is going to grow up while I'm asleep. I can't wait to see what her final stats are! Though I'm a bit less excited to have to pick her first mate. Each time I think I've decided, I flip-flop back to the other! xd.png

Congrats everyone who won and a big welcome to the new forum members. As has been mentioned, but I'll second it-- us old time players are a great resource for bred eggs that you might want or need for lineages. And we are usually happy to gift things- in fact we are flattered when someone asks!

I also love the username Science. Cool beans.

My head is now imagining an eg lineage where all the founder females are Bond girls, and the founder males other than Mr. Bond himself are movie titles.

So..... I'd like to ask all past winners some generic advice on breeding. Today I bred my little Lady with her first and main mate, a Stripe and they gave me a shimmerkin stripe. What, from others experience of breeding, should I do next time? Keep breeding with her Stripe mate until I get a shiney, or try her next mate in line next in a sort of rotary schedule?

Eg: 1st week stripe, 2nd week Royal Blue, 3rd week Tri Horn then start again or just stripe until shiney baby?

I'd just like some ideas on what experiences other wiser prize owners have had. smile.gif

PS Grats to all the redraw winners!

Congrats to the backup winners!!! I am really glad TJ decided to get all the prizes handed out in time for them to breed Holiday eggs ^.^

Would any of you guys be willing to help me blast Silva with clicks and views in her last few hours of childhood? I'm trying to get as many as possible (because when would I ever have the chance again? xd.png) and I was hoping to get her over 300 clicks. Thanks!!

Congrats to the backup winners!!!  I am really glad TJ decided to get all the prizes handed out in time for them to breed Holiday eggs ^.^

Would any of you guys be willing to help me blast Silva with clicks and views in her last few hours of childhood?  I'm trying to get as many as possible (because when would I ever have the chance again?  xd.png) and I was hoping to get her over 300 clicks.  Thanks!!

Definitely gratz!

I've been viewbombing Yslari and holy cow - I never thought I'd get so many views! Whoever helped me and my friends, its greatly appreciated. smile.gif

Four hours seems like forever... ^.^

Edit - I did click. Last few hours to do so! smile.gif

Edited by EscapistLore

So today I just realized that not one, but TWO people have based their prize codes off the magnificent BUTTS. I feel speshul <3

So today I just realized that not one, but TWO people have based their prize codes off the magnificent BUTTS. I feel speshul <3

BUTTS and BOOTY need to be best friends xd.png (I want one from both their lines tbh.) Genius

So..... I'd like to ask all past winners some generic advice on breeding. Today I bred my little Lady with her first and main mate, a Stripe and they gave me a shimmerkin stripe. What, from others experience of breeding, should I do next time? Keep breeding with her Stripe mate until I get a shiney, or try her next mate in line next in a sort of rotary schedule?

Eg: 1st week stripe, 2nd week Royal Blue, 3rd week Tri Horn then start again or just stripe until shiney baby?

I'd just like some ideas on what experiences other wiser prize owners have had.  smile.gif

PS Grats to all the redraw winners!

I was wondering about this myself in terms of breeding for an IOU trade list... I feel like it might be more fair to everyone on the waiting list to rotate breedings with different mates every week so that I don't get stuck on one pairing that might potentially take months to produce a Tinsel egg.

What are everyone's thoughts on this, who plan on taking on an IOU list?

I was wondering about this myself in terms of breeding for an IOU trade list... I feel like it might be more fair to everyone on the waiting list to rotate breedings with different mates every week so that I don't get stuck on one pairing that might potentially take months to produce a Tinsel egg.

Sadly, I didn't win a Prize myself, but I've talked to several peole who did and they told me that they were going to rotatepairings so they don't keep people waiting for one single mate that doesn't want to cooperate.

It seems fair to me.

I plan to rotate mates in my attempt to gift my first few offspring from Fairy. It's only fair so that you don't get stuck on one mate for months tongue.gif

This is pretty much what I do, so far I think it's worked out ok. If you have a longer list, maybe rotate through the first 2-3 requested breeds? Then when one produces a shiny, add the next pairing in.

@Raphy: If I have a particular breed that's fairly common, I'll often try the same mate a couple of times, then if they throw fails twice I try a different mate of the breed, and keep going like that until I get a shiny (plus or minus cycling through different breeds too) - some mates are just better at throwing shinies than others, it's often a question of finding the "right" dragon.

@Raphy: If I have a particular breed that's fairly common, I'll often try the same mate a couple of times, then if they throw fails twice I try a different mate of the breed, and keep going like that until I get a shiny (plus or minus cycling through different breeds too) - some mates are just better at throwing shinies than others, it's often a question of finding the "right" dragon.

Thanks for answering Amazon Warrior. My first breeding planned are Stripe, Royal Blue and Tri Horn so I imagine they'll be a pain. xd.png

I'm terrified of breeding my GoN with her as he's my only male GoN. I'll probably try maybe two weeks with one mate, then change for two weeks, alternating personal eggs, swaps and gifts.

Cool, yeah it really does seem like a rotating breeding schedule would be the best way to go about it. I think that will be my breeding plan then. cool.gif

By the way, a lot of people seem to assume Joker will be male... I haven't influenced yet, but I had been leaning more towards influencing female, since I tend to like the male sprites more for mates and lineage building. But... Joker is a male character so... I'm really torn here. xd.png

Help convince me either way?

Cool, yeah it really does seem like a rotating breeding schedule would be the best way to go about it. I think that will be my breeding plan then. cool.gif

By the way, a lot of people seem to assume Joker will be male... I haven't influenced yet, but I had been leaning more towards influencing female, since I tend to like the male sprites more for mates and lineage building. But... Joker is a male character so... I'm really torn here. xd.png

Well, ask yourself if you're looking for a 'perfect' prize, for for 'perfect' breeding stock. Personally I would go with Male and favor personality for the dragon over breeding capabilities... but it's ultimately your choice!

Thanks for answering Amazon Warrior. My first breeding planned are Stripe, Royal Blue and Tri Horn so I imagine they'll be a pain. xd.png

I'm terrified of breeding my GoN with her as he's my only male GoN. I'll probably try maybe two weeks with one mate, then change for two weeks, alternating personal eggs, swaps and gifts.

Actually, I don't think you have too much to fear - those breeds are common, yes, but they're no Falconi/Bleeding Moon/Fever! I've bred shinies from Luckiest Catch with all the breeds you mention. smile.gif

Fingers crossed for your GoN pairing!

Cool, yeah it really does seem like a rotating breeding schedule would be the best way to go about it. I think that will be my breeding plan then.  cool.gif

By the way, a lot of people seem to assume Joker will be male... I haven't influenced yet, but I had been leaning more towards influencing female, since I tend to like the male sprites more for mates and lineage building. But... Joker is a male character so... I'm really torn here.  xd.png

I think Joker would be just as cool as a girl as with a boy. 'She' could be named after a Joker instead of the Joker from batman. It all depends on what you want to breed him/her with.

I gave Raphy a female code and influenced her as I had already being day dreaming about potential mates. The sprites I like best are male. biggrin.gif

If you really can't decide, leave it up to Joker to decide themselves. wink.gif

Actually, I don't think you have too much to fear - those breeds are common, yes, but they're no Falconi/Bleeding Moon/Fever!  I've bred shinies from Luckiest Catch with all the breeds you mention.  smile.gif

Fingers crossed for your GoN pairing!

Thank you! Now I feel better. biggrin.gif I'm definately not going to be breeding with super common any time soon. I think the most common breed I have in mind is a Terrae but no new breeds for the time being. Also no Golden Wyvern, Copper or Blusangs as there's just so many of those around!

@The_Bucket. Yes you're right I don't think there are many Silver Shims x GW but I was refering to all prizes in general. wink.gif

Edited by Raphy

Also no Golden Wyvern, Copper or Blusangs as there's just so many of those around!

I only know of one, maybe two Silver Shimmer x Golden Wyvern lines, but I could be wrong.

I've got breeding dilemmas too. I'm going to keep my firstborn, but I don't know whether to try with easy breeders to get an egg out fast, or give in to the temptation to do tough pairings that I really like. For instance, my number one most wanted pairing is Brute, but those still breed horribly.

Okay, so this is really stupid, but I still have literally zero idea on whether I want my prize (silver shim) to be male or female. I heard there were more female silver shimmers than males, but at the same time I really like some of the lineages a female could make, and then lineages males could make. :x Gaaah, what to decide...

Okay, so this is really stupid, but I still have literally zero idea on whether I want my prize (silver shim) to be male or female. I heard there were more female silver shimmers than males, but at the same time I really like some of the lineages a female could make, and then lineages males could make. :x Gaaah, what to decide...

If you can't decide, don't influence! If a specific code sounds nice, influence whatever seems better for that. Definitely do not go Male just because there are more Females.

I still cant believe it, but I got an egg.

Please welcome Focus to DC biggrin.gif

I don't know if I should influence it female or male though.

I was looking through some people who have been a great help to me on DC so that I could glomp them with love as soon as it starts to breed, but half of them aren't playing anymore sad.gif

Although I will be gifting to a few who still are first to show my appreciation biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is having an awesome day.