TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

The new adults are stunning, Odeen! Congratulations on this beautiful and very different addition to the Holiday collection.

As for a mate, I'm thinking Nhiostrife to start. <3

Oh these dragons are just gorgeous! Thanks so much to this amazing dragon! I really do hope we can collect more next year too. And am seriously lookin foward to next years release. I bet they'll be amazing!

I wish the head was a little more angular and draconic and that the eyes had some sort of depth (they look a bit soulless without a pupil or iris or any hint of shine), but overall these are beautiful sprites. I rather like their bulky, shaggy appearance. They look like they belong in the snow and winter. Their colors are great too. I'm glad it's blue rather than the traditional Christmas green or red. Good job, spriters!

I wish the head was a little more angular and draconic and that the eyes had some sort of depth (they look a bit soulless without a pupil or iris or any hint of shine), but overall these are beautiful sprites. I rather like their bulky, shaggy appearance. They look like they belong in the snow and winter. Their colors are great too. I'm glad it's blue rather than the traditional Christmas green or red. Good job, spriters!

^^Very much this. I do, however also wish that they didn't have those 2 long whiskers (or whatchamacallit) coming from their snout. The dragon itself pretty and ornate and I feel like the threads kind of distract from the overall dragon a little bit.

Anyone have any nickname for them yet? I noticed that TJ's dragons had the codes "sugar" and "cooke"...

Well, Odeen said that they are called Solstice Dragons.

I am dying here with the hatchlings. How can something be so cuddly but elegant at the same time. But the adults are shockingly good.

Dazzling. Magical, sparkly, magnificent truly.

Oh wow, the adults are gorgeous! Well done, Odeen and JaziandCo!! Can't wait to see the spriter's alts and will definitely be getting more of these next year. They're tied with Yulebucks as my favorite Christmas dragons. (I like reindeer dragons I guess tongue.gif)

Has anyone seen Odeen's spriters alts yet?

At S2 they look just like all the others as far as I can tell.

i think this might be nice with albino dragons? the cream (as opposed to stark white) i mean. and maybe the ariasani (sp? newest valentines) dragons...

i cant wait to make checkers

edit: scratch valentines. forgot these are female.

Edited by girlgamerjen

These are beautiful~

That near hind leg though is kinda noodly, but whatever its probably just the leg angle or something <3 them wings man, them wingsss

Stunning colors. Glad to see something not red and green. Not sure what to pair them with yet but ideas are a hatching!

I will definitely pair them with my CB golds biggrin.gif I love blue x gold match (I have blusangs x gold checkers) so it would be perfect for me!

Woohoo! I'm was tied between Ribbon Dancers and Snow Angels, but these are just adorable.

I'm still kind of sad over the fact that I didn't manage to grab a Holly egg....but HOLY CRAP, are the adult sprites of these gorgeous. I am so hoarding these next year, assuming the limit still continues to be abolished.

Sorry, Snow Angels. You've now moved to second place on my list of favorite Christmas dragons.

Edited by azila

Sooo much love - the sprites look truly magnificent. wub.gif I've named mine Nadir's Halcyon Days (the seven days in winter when storms never occur) and Nadir's Sol Invictus (the unconquered sun).

My mouth fell to the floor when I saw the adult sprite. Its beautiful! wub.gif

These are wonderfully sprited, but nonetheless not my thing. I love the antlers and the base blue colour, but the gradient in the wings is not my thing, nor the whiskers, nor the snowflake pattern on the wings. Props for the well-done sprite, though! smile.gif Glad most of everyone else is so enamoured with them, too, it's certainly deserved praise. user posted image

Pairing ideas?

user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image

user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image_____user posted image X user posted image_____user posted image X user posted image

My favorites have to be

user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image_____ user posted image X user posted image

Sorry for the image spam, what do you guys think?

I love that everyone is sharing the names they came up with for their Solstice Dragons! It seems like we all think they just demand regal, majestic names.

Most of my Christmas dragons are named after lyrics to various Christmas Carols, and I'd thought I knew which ones I wanted for these...but after seeing them as adults, I had to change. I wanted something more majestic, and also something more Solstice-y. Now they are: Yuletide Hymn and Wondrous Flight. Makes me happy -- the names are still from carols, but ones with more secular or natural themes: Mistletoe & Holly, and The Carol of the Birds.