TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Odeen, those antlers give me the sense that they should be on males but that would remove beauty and awesomeness from those sprites. Well done. laugh.gif

I still can't get over the beauty! Though i could swear the Sugar was an adult earlier..... O.o

All the better for putting the fear of dragons into anyone silly enough to hurt her famileh <3

Mwahahahaha! I think it might be my favorite physical aspect of the dragon. o3o

Also, yes, I had to edit my post because I said turtle instead of dragon the first time. /glares at TV

>.>

Well, female reindeer actually retain their antlers longer than the males do, so it isn't abnormal tongue.gif

I... didn't say it was. =o

I still can't get over the beauty! Though i could swear the Sugar was an adult earlier..... O.o

TJ often de-ages one dragon if he doesn't freeze any in time. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

TJ always keeps a frozen S2 and an adult of each breed (or 2, if there is dimorphism) on his scroll. If one grows up before he can freeze it, he reverts it to S2 later.

Thank you for the details Odeen! I always like learning more about the concepts. biggrin.gif

Beautiful, wonderful! Thank you, Odeen!

I generally do not want to see new dragons adults before my dragons become adults, but Solstice Dragon received so many compliments that I had to see it and wow! are really perfect!

Thank you! laugh.gif

I... didn't say it was. =o

Sorry, should've been more clear--that post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I've seen a bunch of people saying that these should be male because antlers tongue.gif

Edited by PieMaster

Thanks for the gorgeous dragon, Odeen! Loved learning the extra facts about the Solstice dragons, too. They sound so lovely. <3

Love these Blue Christmas babies!

I think the holidays alternate genders every year?

Christmas

2013 Solstice female

2012 Wrapping Wing male

2011 Ribbon Dancer female

2010 Winter Maji male

2009 Snow Angel female

2008 Yulebuck male

Valentine's

2013 Arsani female

2012 Heartseeker male

2011 Rosebud female

2010 Sweetling male

2009 female (my favorite, but always forget their name!)

you flipped winter magis and ribbon dancers

Odeen, those antlers give me the sense that they should be on males but that would remove beauty and awesomeness from those sprites. Well done.  laugh.gif

No. Female reindeer have antlers and actually retain them in the winter (the males do not except rarely). Which means Santa's reindeer are actually female. wink.gif

Someone has probably already mentioned this but I haven't read all the comments after this one.

Edited by moxiegraphix

Sorry, should've been more clear--that post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I've seen a bunch of people saying that these should be male because antlers tongue.gif

Ah, nah, my bad - I've missed those posts. =o

Wow the adults are gorgeous! I can't wait till mine grow up and look like that, haha.

I love the wintery colors this year.

Just wanted to thank TJ, the spriters and Mods now, in case the thread gets closed before I get a chance.

For some of us, Christmas IS DC, lol, and the effort that brings such magical results is very much appreciated!

Spriter Odeen your Solstice Dragons are gorgeous!! biggrin.gif Thank you so much!

-snip'd-

Might I just say that this is one of if not *the* most beautiful dragons I've seen on the site <3

I think I just found a new favorite breed. These dragons are absolutely gorgeous. Now I can't wait for mine to grow up wub.gif

Oh my GOD. I like these even more than the Yulebucks. Wow they're so pretty; thank you DC!